Zoomer-X

SumetCycle

• 1 month later...

Well I bought one of these 2 days ago and thought the thread needed updating. Here's a quick review...

I am 1.88 meters and 95kg. The Zoomer-X's 110cc engine can cope getting me through traffic, mainly because it is 10KGs shy of the Click. The exhaust note is oddly quiet in low revs but definately louder than most new mopeds when revved hard. The underseat storage needs the (980 baht) plastic 'waterproof' box to be of any use at all, as the document holder is tiny...and also no good at storing anything as it is not watertight.

Looks wise the Zoomer-X is streets ahead of the other mopeds out there, I showed a friend a (front on) pic of it and they thought it was a large sports bike! The upsidedown gold forks make it look great, as does the car-sized headleamp. I got the combi-brake version (all-black) as I think it was worth the extra 3K - total on the road price, 1years insurance 55500K I would say that I was tempted by the Click 125 Idle Stop, but it's nice to have something different on the road and it does get a few remarks at the many traffic light stops.

Extras - well there are just loads of them to choose from already! See HERE

Overall I would say I am very happy with the handling, looks and 'fun' element. The underseat storage could have been a bit more inventive with changeable walls to stop your shopping falling out. They do have bungee hooks, but that's about it. The fuel tank cover is also below Honda's normal standards and needs a bit of quality added to it. These are minor niggles really as I have certainly enjoyed the first 150KMS anyway! I hope this helps, sorry no pics as my internet connection is definately 'Phuket'!

You paid 55500 for a 110 cc Honda Zoomer x. You know you can get the new Yamaha Nuovo with Injection 135 cc for the same price (55000 for the non alloy wheels). Honda is overpriced, but everybody know that. I have the scoopy s12 (my wife whanted it), and it have the same wheels and engine. It's a 7/11 bike, great for small trips, but for long trips I use the nuovo.

Well I bought one one 2 days ago and thought the thread needed ung. Here's a quick review...

I am 1.88 meters and 95kg. The Zoomer-X's 110cc engine can cope getting me through traffic, mainly because it is 10KGs shy of the Click. The exhaust note is oddly quiet in low revs but definately louder than most new mopeds when revved hard. The underseat storage needs the (980 baht) plastic 'waterproof' box to be of any use at all, as the document holder is tiny...and also no good at storing anything as it is not watertight.

Looks wise the Zoomer-X is streets ahead of the other mopeds out there, I showed a friend a (front on) pic of it and they thought it was a large sports bike! The upsidedown gold forks make it look great, as does the car-sized headleamp. I got the combi-brake version (all-black) as I think it was worth the extra 3K - total on the road price, 1years insurance 55500K I would say that I was tempted by the Click 125 Idle Stop, but it's nice to have something different on the road and it does get a few remarks at the many traffic light stops.

Extras - well there are just loads of them to choose from already! See HERE

Overall I would say I am very happy with the handling, looks and 'fun' element. The underseat storage could have been a bit more inventive with changeable walls to stop your shopping falling out. They do have bungee hooks, but that's about it. The fuel tank cover is also below Honda's normal standards and needs a bit of quality added to it. These are minor niggles really as I have certainly enjoyed the first 150KMS anyway! I hope this helps, sorry no pics as my internet connection is definately 'Phuket'!

I'm only 183cm and when I sat on the Zoomer and turned the handlebars they smacked me on the kneecap

If I were to ride one I'd have to sit way back on the passenger seat to get around tight corners

I don't know how you can be in a comfortable riding position at 188cm on a bike that size but comfort is subjective

It looks very cool though and they seem to be selling shitloads of em around BKK so if I were smaller I'd get one or an msx

Honda has whipped kawasaki this year imo in Thai offerings

The 2013 Ninja 250 +naked is nice but the thai price is too close to hondas 500's to buy a 250

40k difference between a kawa 250 or a honda 500cc I would take the 500 without a second thought

Kawasaki versys now 313k and CB500X at 215k in a budget conscious country like thailand, honda is a winner for sure, versys has a shitload more power though so maybe worth the extra money for fun, tougher decision :)

Sym/kymco will suffer hard on 300/400i if honda release a Thai made 300cc maxi scooter for cheaper

Thais love all things honda and hondas finally seen the potential here so I think everyone else will be playing catch up for this year at least

Hopefully kawasaki will notice and and start making affordable new bikes here but honda strategy has thailand nailed with these new fuel efficient engines and low cost bikes

Everything else imported is probably much too expensive for the average Thai salary so the other brands aren't going to rack up much sales in comparison.

• Like 2

Yip, you don't like ITMan having fun on a new scooter? People are buying and hyping new Honda monkey bikes here. Why not buy a ZoomerX then? But good you told us rolleyes.gif

If you could read i wrote i would like to buy one if it was a bit more suited to my size and i was surprised someone even taller than me can use it

i have no problems with the bikes anyone chooses and we all buy whatever for differnt reasons

if i recall correctly , were you not the one recently discussing bikes like the KSR 110cc and the (lack of) manliness of the folks who ride them with jonnyR whistling.gif

coming from someone who rides a cbr150 ? thats surely a real mans bike if ever any manufacturer made one cheesy.gif

live and let live bro,i promise not to critique your manly cbr150 again laugh.png and you can get back to advising people on chinese bikes even though you

havent got the stones to buy one yourself coffee1.gif

My legs fit in the footwell with space, it's a 'bare bike' so none of those front storage pockets to get in the way, and I have a little room to grow...however unlikely this is at my age! I did look at all the other bikes available, and they just all look like each other, you have to look at the logos to see the difference really. It's fast enough, fits in with my criteria of budget, quality, etc. But we all have different requirements, and I'd like a Honda Fury to be honest but it is practically useless at carrying any shopping! biggrin.png

The black one was an extra 2k or so tongue.png

Anyhow took one for test drive on returning to my wife in fits of giggles and stating I look like a tosser on it, I went and ordered a D tracker 250 instead that will teach her.

In my opinion great for smaller gents and girls for local 7 runs thats about it.

Edited by stiggy

Yip, you don't like ITMan having fun on a new scooter? People are buying and hyping new Honda monkey bikes here. Why not buy a ZoomerX then? But good you told us rolleyes.gif

If you could read i wrote i would like to buy one if it was a bit more suited to my size and i was surprised someone even taller than me can use it

i have no problems with the bikes anyone chooses and we all buy whatever for differnt reasons

if i recall correctly , were you not the one recently discussing bikes like the KSR 110cc and the (lack of) manliness of the folks who ride them with jonnyR whistling.gif

coming from someone who rides a cbr150 ? thats surely a real mans bike if ever any manufacturer made one cheesy.gif

live and let live bro,i promise not to critique your manly cbr150 again laugh.png and you can get back to advising people on chinese bikes even though you

havent got the stones to buy one yourself coffee1.gif

Yep, i was drunk last night and wasn't able to read all your chitchat anymore. But it confused me i remember laugh.png

But reading your answer i get the impression you like divagations.

I like these and will buy one next week as it tick's all the boxes for my needs.

Is there any thing I can do to increase the torque a little as I have a steep hill to my place and the extra punch would be really helpful

cheers Foggy1

I got the combi-brake version (all-black) as I think it was worth the extra 3K

I totally didn't catch that. I got the yellow one as I thought they all came with the same brake system. Just looked at their website again and now I see in small print the black model is the only one that has the 3-Pots Hydraulic Combined Brake System. D*mn it.

So what brake system did I end up with then??? Now I want to know.

EDIT: Second Question

Anyone know where to get the yellow Honda Zoomer-X helmet? Everywhere I've checked has been out of stock with no idea when they will get anymore in...

Edited by ZXM

I got the combi-brake version (all-black) as I think it was worth the extra 3K

I totally didn't catch that. I got the yellow one as I thought they all came with the same brake system. Just looked at their website again and now I see in small print the black model is the only one that has the 3-Pots Hydraulic Combined Brake System. D*mn it.

So what brake system did I end up with then??? Now I want to know.

EDIT: Second Question

Anyone know where to get the yellow Honda Zoomer-X helmet? Everywhere I've checked has been out of stock with no idea when they will get anymore in...

You've still got the three pots, but without the combi-brake. Your front and rear brakes are not linked, that's all. What size Zoomer helmet do you need?

Saw some red ones in Honda dealer in Bang Bua Thong today.

Yeah just saw the new sales flyer with the red one. It looks nice.

Good bike imo. Love the modded ones at bike show.

the Zoomer -X was probably the most promoted bike at the entire motorshow

probably those mods cost double or triple the bike price but it does look amazing

If that was Honda's idea from the beginning (to get people to mod up this bike) then it certainly worked on me. I spent more than I care to mention on the official Honda accessories, but dang if my Zoomer doesn't look stylish. tongue.png

• Like 1

Saw some red ones in Honda dealer in Bang Bua Thong today.

Yeah just saw the new sales flyer with the red one. It looks nice.

Good bike imo. Love the modded ones at bike show.

the Zoomer -X was probably the most promoted bike at the entire motorshow

probably those mods cost double or triple the bike price but it does look amazing

If that was Honda's idea from the beginning (to get people to mod up this bike) then it certainly worked on me. I spent more than I care to mention on the official Honda accessories, but dang if my Zoomer doesn't look stylish. tongue.png

Post us some photos man. Give us some ideas!

Edited by loserlazer

Hi guys,

In fact the Zoomer-X seems very sexy. Can you tell me if this motocycle is conveninent to make some roadtrips and especially some roadtrips in mountains (I live in CHiang Mai) ,Considering it's an automatic,maybe it can wear out the engine to drive on hills or uphill slope?

Hi guys,

In fact the Zoomer-X seems very sexy. Can you tell me if this motocycle is conveninent to make some roadtrips and especially some roadtrips in mountains (I live in CHiang Mai) ,Considering it's an automatic,maybe it can wear out the engine to drive on hills or uphill slope?

It will do it but not be fun at it. At ~110cc the Zoomer won't be zooming with an averaging sized farang; rent or borrow a 100-110 Wave or Click and try those roads. If you are happy with the performance go for it. Note however any autobike has no engine braking. I pucker up like a bull during fly season going downhill and shudder to think about doing that on an auto. Would think the MSX might be better under your circumstances.

As an aside, I can't remember an autobikes on the rides through the mountains being used by locals; they were all either smokers or clutchless Wave style bikes. Don't know if that's a reflection of economic realities or they know something...

Technically there is no reason not to go into the mountains on a Zoomer-X. Your speed won't be good on the hills but that is because the engine only puts out 7.9 hp, but some guys have ridden around Thailand on a Honda Wave which has the same engine size.

As an example a PCX 125 with about 3hp more will slow to 75kph even on a 5% grade. You would be going slower but you will get there.

After market variator will give you a 16% improvement in available torque which would help on the hills but you still will be going slower than a PCX125 on the same hill.

Well I would like to make some roadtrips (though not very long road trips) but I also would like a convenient motocycle. ( driving in town, go shopping, party..)

The PCX 125 rules for roadtrips yes but is too cumbersome in town Imo.

100-110 Wave : Not sexy.. and I don't like manual.

MSX 125 : too short (I am 1.86 and 76kg) and not convenient Imo.

So I guess a Honda click 125 would be the best choice for me ? It's a good motocycle but I really prefer the zoomer X. HUlmm it's a difficult choice.

ps : I really do like the big tyres on the Zoomer X. Considering the quality of some roads in Thailand , I think it's not luxury and I have never understood the manifacturers choice of skiny tyres for motocycle in Thailand...

Edited by DrAzTiK

Well I would like to make some roadtrips (though not very long road trips) but I also would like a convenient motocycle. ( driving in town, go shopping, party..)

So I guess a Honda click 125 would be the best choice for me ? It's a good motocycle but I really prefer the zoomer X. HUlmm it's a difficult choice.

ps : I really do like the big tyres on the Zoomer X. Considering the quality of some roads in Thailand , I think it's not luxury and I have never understood the manifacturers choice of skiny tyres for motocycle in Thailand...

If the MSX is too short, you better double check the Zoomer...

your dimesions are quite similar to mine :)

i would suggest a 2nd hander pcx 150 or a nouvo if your too tall to get any comfort on the MSX or Zoomer

• 4 weeks later...

your dimesions are quite similar to mine smile.png

i would suggest a 2nd hander pcx 150 or a nouvo if your too tall to get any comfort on the MSX or Zoomer

+ Mine dimensions but +20kg whistling.gif

I use my PCX150 mostly in town (Pattaya), no problem, good storage under the seat. I fell cramped on all other Thai scooters I sat on but I still managed over 10.000 km on a Fino (still have it).

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my zoomer and love it as it does every thing I wanted

I'd like some help please as I dont want to be caught out is there a good tubless tyre repair kit available in thailand with the mushroom style plugs ?

Is there an after market variator out there to add a bit more torque ?

thank u for any help

post-138895-0-19049400-1364561630_thumb.

Bought my zoomer and love it as it does every thing I wanted

I'd like some help please as I dont want to be caught out is there a good tubless tyre repair kit available in thailand with the mushroom style plugs ?

Is there an after market variator out there to add a bit more torque ?

thank u for any help

attachicon.gifIMG_1483.JPG

Panda Rider has some tubeless tire repair kits. I'm not sure about the aftermarket variator though. I'll see if I can get some info for you. Best of luck.

Brian

Hi Brian thank u for the help

Panda has a Slime kit / product that looks good for tubeless tyres. It seems I would be better to put that in the tyre first to avoid puntures as aposed to buying the repair kit and having to do road side stuff. whats your opinion ?

I was offered an Insurance by the dealer for 1900 baht for 2 years cover. From what I understood it covered a lot. I have one month to decide as the bike is new and after one month will be classed as second hand. Do u know of this and have an opinion ?

Appreciate any help Thank u

Foggy