Where Can I Buy Lard For Cooking.

ryosuke

You can buy Lard at most expat food shops

Villa etc.

But they call it, SHORTNING, (an American influence) I am sorry the English language does not do well in Thailand.

Shortening is not lard although they are often substituted for each other. Shortening is a vegetable based imitation of lard. Lard is rendered pork fat.

Lard is just rendered pork fat. Just buy some back fat and slowly melt it.

I need Lard for my restaurant.

I use them quite a lot and it is not realistic to make lard from pork fat for time wise.

Are there any more information about where to buy Lard in Bangkok?

Villa etc.

But they call it, SHORTNING, (an American influence) I am sorry the English language does not do well in Thailand.

Shortening is not lard although they are often substituted for each other. Shortening is a vegetable based imitation of lard. Lard is rendered pork fat.

Shortening is any fat that remains solid at room temperature. Sorry, I had to look it up on Google as I was a bit surprised by your statement.

Villa etc.

Shortening is any fat that remains solid at room temperature. Sorry, I had to look it up on Google as I was a bit surprised by your statement.

Come to think of it, the packages always say "Pure Vegetable Shortening" but we always refer to this as just "shortening".