Can A Mosquito Lay Eggs Under Your Skin ?

Cyrus2Ray

I got a really itchy mosquito bite on my ankle last night - it seemed to be in a few spots close to each other - and it was bothering for hours last night.

Now, about 24 hours later, the same spot has started to itch really bad again and 3 or 4 little red spots close to each other are itching like crazy again !!

It would be unlikely that mosquitos would bite the same spot two nights in a row, and this itch probably is the return of last night's itch.

Now, is that not strange ?

I am wondering if mosquitos can lay eggs under the skin, and may be now the eggs are coming to life like scenes from some freaky movie ?

I had seen documentaries about mosquitos that lay eggs in people's bodies or other species....

What the heck could this ich be ? Should I worry ?

I am new to Thailand and Chiang Mai, and do not have experience with the mosquitos here.

Any ideas ??

its very common for the same spot to itch again, i always get that! prepare to endure that shlt for a couple of days more. some people like me are just more sensitive to mosquito bites

of course assuming that isnt a bot fly bite . . they look rather similar at early stage

of course assuming that isnt a bot fly bite . . they look rather similar at early stage

Thanks,

What's a bot fly ?

I guess I could Google it, but thought I'd ask if you have experieced a bite !?

I never have it but a I saw a friend with one but the wound looks like a flower, nothing like a bite, you can look videos or pictures.

I think you have an allergic reaction, I am allergic, thailand have many varieties of mosquitoes and some of them in less than one hour I not have nothing other like the wound that you describe, with some transparent yellow scarring that if you broken, grow and grow, about 5 or 7 days, better that you cut your nails or stop scratching at all.

the small ants dark brown with red, bite pretty bad too, 7 days of itching, you can ask for "take a baam" (sound like that) or something similar (it's a natural mentol) or go to the farmacy and show your wound they usually now, I usually use only some "take a baam" especially for ant bites.

never eat in the bed!!

Edited by ITGabs

you can ask for "take a baam" (sound like that) or something similar (it's a natural mentol) or go to the farmacy and show your wound they usually now, I usually use only some "take a baam" especially for ant bites.

That's what I use for mosquito/ant bites also and works pretty well. BTW, it's Tiger Balm, at least that's what I think you are referring to, and comes in a jar like this.

tiger-balm.jpg

• Like 2

bot fly will have a small stinger sticking out which is a air tube for the larvae. most people let the fly grow and pop or pull it out gently with tweezers to ensure it removes completely (in the absence of trained medical help). there is a vid on youtube but im not going to link it since it still makes me sick thinking about it.

• Like 1

Answer: NO, mosquitoes do not lay eggs under the skin. They lay their eggs in stagnant water pools where the larva hatch, live for a while, then transform into adult mossies and fly off into the sunset.

Your itch problem could be small ant bites or even flea bites if you have cats or dogs around you and are nothing to worry about.

Firstly, do not scratch, as this can cause infection and make it worse.

Keep the area clean, rub on some of that blue rubbing alcohol or tiger balm and it should all disappear within a few days.

If the problem persists or becomes worse, than visit a doctor, but i very much doubt it will come to that.

BTW, don`t believe there are any bot flies in Thailand that attack humans.

http://ca.answers.ya...16162032AAPJbZ0

http://www.madsci.or...37874.Zo.r.html

http://science.howst...s/mosquito2.htm

Edited by Beetlejuice

Thanks,

What's a bot fly ?

I guess I could Google it, but thought I'd ask if you have experieced a bite !?

I Belize there are Bot Fly and they do lay eggs under byour skin,if you don't remove them they get very lage

you can ask for "take a baam" (sound like that) or something similar (it's a natural mentol) or go to the farmacy and show your wound they usually now, I usually use only some "take a baam" especially for ant bites.

That's what I use for mosquito/ant bites also and works pretty well. BTW, it's Tiger Balm, at least that's what I think you are referring to, and comes in a jar like this.

tiger-balm.jpg

I thought that everybody used this for mozzies etc ... it's also known as what sounds like Yar Mong or Yar Mung. If you google Tiger Balm you will find many uses for it. We seems to go through jars of it......... for any little problem my wife says ... put some of this on ... I must admit that it seems to work for nearly everything ... mozzie bites stop itching in a couple of minutes.

I keep a jar in the car, one upstairs, one in the bathroom, one downstairs ... they are all around the house ..my wife keeps a small pill box size one in her handbag. I seem to get bitten at least once every day. Never go out without it at night.

Edited by JAS21

Mosquitos lay eggs in water so it is highly unlikely that you have anything more than a severe bite. I react very badly to bites and like you have highly itchy weals for days. My best remedy is to use Fenistil which I get at Boots. It is amazingly effective, especially if you apply it as soon as possible. My worst day for reaction is 3 days after a bite but even then I find that Fenistil gives me some relief. How your body reacts is all about your skin chemistry so what happens to you is uniquely your reaction.

Remember that there are daytime and nighttime breeds of mossies so you need 24 hour protection against being bitten. I use Jaico which is costly but is the best for me. Yes it contains DEET but that is not a problem in my book. And if I am just pottering around the house all day I will use a natural spray like Arun Thai which is not as strong smelling as some and lasts for 4 hours compared to Jaico's eight.

And covering up your arms & legs is not a bad idea.

I reckon prevention is better than anything but sometime even the best protection is not enough. The sooner you apply an after bite medication the better it will work. Good luck.

It doesn't seem like mosquito bites since the bites were in one location and close to each other. It could be lots of things including bedbugs. They tend to do a series of bites in close proximity. Mostly they bite at the extremities since that is the first part of the body they encounter. Of course, that also goes for other biting insects that don't fly. And the itching caused by bed bug bites can be really bad and last for days. Still, if you only got those bites one time, and it was at your home, it's most likely ants or some other crawling insects. Bedbugs are an unrelenting plague.

tiger-balm.jpg

yes, I asked to my gf and it's "tiger balm"

I got the same thing last week. The pharmacist gave me Dermovate for the itch, and that worked. Several days later, I still have two nasty-looking deep red clusters. Nothing like botfly. Those got me in Central America, and I didn't know what was going on until a worm crawled out of one of the holes and looked around.

It was easy to get rid of the two worms. I put a poultice of bacon over the holes, and in the morning they were both suffocated in the bacon. The fat is so dense it's anaerobic.

Further proof every living thing secretly craves bacon, and doesn't know when to stop eating it.