Best Buffet In Chiangmai

JT65

Depends on what you want. Western or Thai.

For the western I like the Empress. I think they are a touch over 200 baht. There are lots of them around and I am sure you will get some other good suggestions. As I say what kind or do you not care what kind of Buffet I know of one vegetarian one for only 129 baht. Can't remember the name it is on soi 17 just a little east of Nimmanhemin

For myself I stay away from them as I tend to over eat. I don't even need a buffet for that.

Agree this is a hot topic here :-)

Here are my favorites ....

Value for Money - Holiday Inn or Empress below 250 baht

Value for Money Seafood- Shangrila

600 baht nett without alcohol

Best Dim Sum Buffet - Mandarin Oriental 790baht and very good ambience

Sunday Jazz Brunch - Le Meriden

Great location and includes illy coffee

Money no object - 4 Seasons & Mandarin Oriental Sunday Brunch...very great seafood hotel buffet ambience and service excellent

Now 1 more as I just updated my last post there from 3 months ago. smile.png

Bottom line - for buffet I think you can not beat the Shangri-La (at least while they are still running their buy 1 get 1 free promo if paying with AmEx!)

There be 137 responses in this thread http://www.thaivisa....ge__hl__ buffet and more than you would care to poke a stick at in the search facility

Money no object - 4 Seasons & Mandarin Oriental Sunday Brunch...very great seafood hotel buffet ambience and service excellent

im really keen in seafood buffet, how is variety in shangrila?

im really keen in seafood buffet, how is variety in shangrila?

I believe it is only on certain nites.

Barefoot

They haw it on Wednesday and Friday nights at 599baht nett

For that price this is what you get

Desserts - Thai and a good variety of cakes ; ice creams and sorbets with toppings

Hot food - Good mix of Thai curries noodles, tempura and western hot dishes

Salad station

Pasta station / Thai Noodle Station / pizza

Small sushi and sashimi counter

Highlight ---------))))

Sea food - Crab Legs / Shrimps / Mussels / oysters and they keep refilling it non stop with no limits :-)

Go with empty stomach !

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just came back from the seafood spread and it was 588 nett for the meal

For that u have the following selections

Live Pasta Station / Pizza Station & Khao Soi

Soup Selection - Crab Bisque ( Tastes great ) and pumpkin soup

Salad bar / Sushi counter and the usual dessert station

At the hot stations which numbered about 8, the winner was the tamarind prawns tasty and the shrimps were a food size

They had a BBQ grill station outside doing shrimps, squid , mussel and fish which was tasty with the selections of sauces

The cold selection has gone down in selection oysters are gone and the crab legs were not big at all

Service was brisk and friendly and the new F&B Dir was walking the floor and getting feedback from the guests

Can you let us know how much exactly is the seafood buffet in these two hotels? How is the spread (seafood) compared to Le Meridien? And yes, for the time being, money no object.

Sunday buffet at Holiday Inn our family fave.

At 800 baht a head (750 with VIP card) it's not as cheap as it used to be. I ate there last month after an absence of 6 months or more and thought that the quality had gone downhill but the price had gone up considerably... bon appetit...bah.gif

• Like 1

Can you let us know how much exactly is the seafood buffet in these two hotels? How is the spread (seafood) compared to Le Meridien? And yes, for the time being, money no object.

For now its still 1800 baht nett per person and include Alaskan chill crab legs and tassie salmon sashimi which is worth the money if u can wolf down a lot ...the usual mods such as plump oysters and shrimps are all there

I like the elegant setting

Brownies Steak Buffet along Charoenrat Road, Faham offers a great value one for 100 baht.

Fish, pork, chicken and beef steaks. Chips, veggies, noodles, spaghetti, salad, sauces, large slices of white bread to mop up the sauces and a soup of the day. It's located next to the river. It's not quality but really does the job if you are hungry and/or need to soak up a hangover.

Brownies Steak Buffet along Charoenrat Road, Faham offers a great value one for 100 baht.

Fish, pork, chicken and beef steaks. Chips, veggies, noodles, spaghetti, salad, sauces, large slices of white bread to mop up the sauces and a soup of the day. It's located next to the river. It's not quality but really does the job if you are hungry and/or need to soak up a hangover.

Good value. Even though the price has rocketed in the last couple of years,by around 30 per cent. But then that's inflation for you!

Here are the buffets I've visited recently -- The Grandview Hotel lunch buffet is a good value. I like the atmosphere, service and selection at the Le Meridien lunch buffet but it's about twice the price of Grandview. Holiday Inn weekday lunch buffet continues with it's good standards, but I was there for a meeting, so don't know the current price.

The once-a-month big D2 Hotel Sunday buffet is excellent and if you go to the lobby at 2 pm you can watch the lobby staff do a cute little song-and-dance routine at shift change time. Also, their bartender has turned drink mixing into an entertaining show, but I don't know if he works on Sunday afternoons.

For local color, those Thai sukiyaki place can be interesting. I think the Hot Pot buffet in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew mall is a good way for a newbie to be introduced to this style of dining. Basically, you select the meat, veggies, seafood, etc and cook at your table in a steaming pot of broth in a cooker in the center of the table. There are outdoor places where you select raw food from a buffet and cook at a small BBQ grill in the middle of your table.

And, if you want to teach your child manners and refinement you can go to The Chedi hotel for afternoon tea. They keep bringing the treats -- maybe up to a limit -- but I'm surprised how they refill the three-tiered tray of goodies at your table when the supply gets low.

Edited by NancyL

I love the high tea @ Chedi and it remains my firm fav followed by the Mandarin Oriental if I am in the area

The holiday inn lunch is still at 220 baht nett and I agree for lunch that's my fav place

As long as they have no conference the service is unhurried there are free papers to while the time away and I like the tea station

Agree re the Grandview lunchtime buffet. Good value but beware the cost of refreshments (Water/beer/softdrink) is quite steep. Food is good tho with salads, cold cuts, stirfries, soups, curries, seafood, desserts, coffee. Definitely worth a try