A Medical Certificate For Retirement Visa

Guys,

2 questions about the medical certificate for Retirement visa:

1. Where can I get it here in Chiang Mai? Can you recommend a doctor/clinic or hospital.

2. What specifically should be the wording and content of the certificate?

I have the rest of the necessary conditions for the Retirement visa, just don't know

what and where to do about the medical certificate.

I'm a newbie in Chiang Mai, hope to enjoy it.

Thanks, Yossi

Medical certificate absolutely NOT required for annual extension of stay based on retirement done in Chiang Mai and almost everywhere else in Thailand. Do not bother. Repeat. Do not bother. Clear enough?

The medical form is needed only for O-A visa done in your home country but you are not applying for an O-A visa in your home country, correct?

You do not need it. You do not need it. I'm in a repetitive mood. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

I think he is talking about his first aplacation.

If so any doctor can give it to you.

I got my first one in Vancouver and my doctor just answered the questions in betweeen bouts of laughter. Do you have Polio type questions.

Maybet hee you don't need to get one. A friend of mine did not renew his in time and had to go to Laos to get a 60 day visa and then they issued him a new retirement when he went back in I am pretty sure he had to get a physical. It was like getting a first one all over again.

I see Dr Morgan she is on the list of pinned topics up above.

GENERAL PRACTISE

Dr Morgan

HCMC Clinic,

Hang Dong Road.

(almost opposite Tesco)

Monday-Friday 08.30-19.30 Hrs

Saturday 8.30 - 13.00 Hrs

053 804405

Besides a real physical won't hurt you.

Edited by hellodolly

Again, you do NOT need a medical form for your first time application for retirement extension done in Thailand. Not the first time. Not the next time. Not any time.

In the case of someone starting with an O-A visa in their home country, they need to contact the embassy or consulate for the form which is required in that case. In their home country. Starting with an O-A in your home country is NEVER required. It is one option of different options to get into the system in Thailand.

If you OP is really looking for a clinic in CM to get the form done for the embassy/consulate in the home country for an O-A visa he had better verify that he is using the approved form from the embassy/consulate and that they will even accept a doctor in Thailand as opposed to one in the home country.

Edited by Jingthing

Again, you do NOT need a medical form for your first time application for retirement extension done in Thailand. Not the first time. Not the next time. Not any time.

In the case of someone starting with an O-A visa in their home country, they need to contact the embassy or consulate for the form which is required in that case. In their home country. Starting with an O-A in your home country is NEVER required. It is one option of different options to get into the system in Thailand.

If you OP is really looking for a clinic in CM to get the form done for the embassy/consulate in the home country for an O-A visa he had better verify that he is using the approved form from the embassy/consulate and that they will even accept a doctor in Thailand as opposed to one in the home country.

Beg to differ I had to have one in Canada along with a police report for my initial retirement visa. I am speaking from experience. You have been here long enough to know that things are not always as they should be or as the book says they should be.

I got the forms on line. This was 7 years ago and things may have changed but I wouldn't count on it. When I go into immigration I take proof of my income even though I don't need it as a result of a affidavit or what ever you call it from the American Councilit. I have never had to show the proof but It is not worth the effort to try to get by with out it. As I say probably things have changed things have a way of happening that way here in Thailand. And even then they might not follow the rules.

I have just checked online with the Thai Consulate in the UK, andI have copied below what they currently say is the requirement for Non-immigrant O visa. Could it be that requirements vary from country to country? Surely not, but TiT...

I spoke to a lady at the consulate last week, and when questioned, she stressed that the following is all that they require.....in fact, when I queries proving income, as I will retire and emigrate in January, she said "send last three payslips". I explained that I would start my pension in January, so could not prove that.... "But you'll be employed until December..... Send your last three payslips, they will be OK". T i definitely T!!!!!!!!

....................................................................................................................................

1. Visiting Thailand as Retired Person aged between 50 and 64 years

Evidence required:

1. Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum £1200 per month or lumpsum

of minimum £20,000

Either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these circumstances.

Beg to differ I had to have one in Canada along with a police report for my initial retirement visa. I am speaking from experience. You have been here long enough to know that things are not always as they should be or as the book says they should be.

I got the forms on line. This was 7 years ago and things may have changed but I wouldn't count on it. When I go into immigration I take proof of my income even though I don't need it as a result of a affidavit or what ever you call it from the American Councilit. I have never had to show the proof but It is not worth the effort to try to get by with out it. As I say probably things have changed things have a way of happening that way here in Thailand. And even then they might not follow the rules.

What do you mean retirement visa? Do you mean the O-A "Long Stay" visa only available for you in Canada which is often called a retirement visa?

Retirement extensions in Thailand are often incorrectly called retirement visas. That is really wrong as not only are they not retirement visas, they aren't even visas.

For purposes of clear communication on the visa forum, it is rather important to be clear about terminology. Referring to retirement extensions as retirement visas can prove very confusing.

There is the O-A visa obtained in Canada. If that is what you got OF COURSE you needed a medical form and police report. You still would.

If you never got an O-A and started with a retirement extension in Chiang Mai, are you saying back then you needed the police report and medical form for that in Chiang Mai? If so, that would be interesting historical trivia.

THESE days, nope. No way. No medical form or police report needed for a first time retirement extension done in Chiang Mai.

The thing we need to know from the OP is whether he is applying for O-A visa in his home country or not. If not, he needs no medical form or police report. If so, he does, and those need to be included in his O-A visa application in the home country.

Edited by Jingthing

In answer to the poster's question, here are the medical and personal data forms. You should ask Immigration what you will need. If you don't need these forms here, fine. If someone at Immigration asks for them, then you can download these.

This is what is on the Immigration web site about changing type of visa:

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR VISA OR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-O): FOR RETIREMENT PURPOSES.

1. The application must be submitted at least 15 days before visa expiration and, in case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.
  2. Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86 for Tourist and Transit Visa) or
    Application for visa. (TM.87 for Without Visa 15 days, 30 days, 90 days)
  3. Copy of passport (Ex. Page of Photo, entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any), TM.6 card)
  4. 4 X 6 cm. Photograph.
  5. Application fee of 2,000 baht.
  6. • An updated guarantor-letter from a bank in Thailand.
    • Photocopy and original of your bank book (accepted only savings or fixed account) from a bank in Thailand showing that the applicant has currently an account of not less than 800,000 Baht.
    • A document proving foreign remittance. Or
  7. A guarantor-letter from The Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly pension of the applicant not less than 65,000 Baht per month. Or
  8. The total amount of money from the pension and bank account as stated above. (not less than 800,000 Baht)

Remarks

1. The applicant must sign to certify every page of application.
  2. The visa Applicant must arrange the documents in proper order and must prepare the originals as proof.
  3. Call 0 2141 9902-3 for more details.

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR VISA OR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-O): FOR RETIREMENT PURPOSES.

1. The application must be submitted at least 15 days before visa expiration and, in case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.
  2. Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86 for Tourist and Transit Visa) or
  3. Copy of passport (Ex. Page of Photo, entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any), TM.6 card)
  4. 4 X 6 cm. Photograph.
    • Photocopy and original of your bank book (accepted only savings or fixed account) from a bank in Thailand showing that the applicant has currently an account of not less than 800,000 Baht.
  7. A guarantor-letter from The Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly pension of the applicant not less than 65,000 Baht per month. Or
  8. The total amount of money from the pension and bank account as stated above. (not less than 800,000 Baht)

Remarks

2. The visa Applicant must arrange the documents in proper order and must prepare the originals as proof.

4. 4 X 6 cm. Photograph.

Remarks

MSPain

medical.pdf

personal.pdf

Edited by hml367

Hellodolly -- your post is consistent with what Jingthing said. You need a health certificate to apply for an O-A visa in your home country and that's what you did. Reports are that the Thai consulate/embassies overseas aren't going to accept a health certificate that was obtained in Thailand. They want one that was obtained in the country of application.

If someone is applying for an O visa for the purpose of retirement here (perhaps "converting" a tourist entry), then no health certificate is needed in Chiang Mai. There's no point in obtaining one. And, since both you and I are CM residents, we both know that health certificates aren't required for our annual retirement visa extensions in Chiang Mai.

There are scattered reports of other (rather obscure) provinces asking retirees for them, but definitely not here in Chiang Mai.

Edited by NancyL

A medical certificate is currently required for a non immigrant O-A visa application. It is not normally required for an extension of stay from immigration within Thailand. However seven years ago it indeed was required by Bangkok for retirement extension as I had to visit Saint Louis Hospital to obtain that year.

Well my friend back in 2011 come to Thailand on a NoN O 90 day, and he change/convert it into a retirement Visa, when he did that he NEED a medical certificates, that he got from a little Doc office at the street, and yes that was in Chiang Mai..It was the Chiang Mai Immigration office that told him to go get it and come back again before he get he´s retirement Visa...

When he renew it this year, no need for medical certificates again...

Well my friend back in 2011 come to Thailand on a NoN O 90 day, and he change/convert it into a retirement Visa, when he did that he NEED a medical certificates, that he got from a little Doc office at the street, and yes that was in Chiang Mai..It was the Chiang Mai Immigration office that told him to go get it and come back again before he get he´s retirement Visa...

BS!

He made a mistake, he didn't need a MS.

What about going through the process of changing from tourist visa to retirement visa?

No medical should be required for that - but seven years ago I was changing from Thai wife to retirement and for that extension the medical was required in Bangkok.

No medical should be required for that - but seven years ago I was changing from Thai wife to retirement and for that extension the medical was required in Bangkok.

Thanks - I'll ask again closer to the time, but presumably it's a "low-key" medical ?

BS!

He made a mistake, he didn't need a MS.

Well i don´t care what you think mate...

But when the Chiang Mai Immigration office refuse my mate to give him he´s retirement Visa before they have the MS, what option do he have ?

And he make a mistake, that BS mate, BIG TIME...

Because he get the MS and back THEN no problem get the retirement Visa....

Only because you never have to show it, do not mean that no one have to show it, this is Thailand, and we all know that sometimes "funny" things happen here...

What do you mean retirement visa? Do you mean the O-A "Long Stay" visa only available for you in Canada which is often called a retirement visa?

Retirement extensions in Thailand are often incorrectly called retirement visas. That is really wrong as not only are they not retirement visas, they aren't even visas.

For purposes of clear communication on the visa forum, it is rather important to be clear about terminology. Referring to retirement extensions as retirement visas can prove very confusing.

There is the O-A visa obtained in Canada. If that is what you got OF COURSE you needed a medical form and police report. You still would.

If you never got an O-A and started with a retirement extension in Chiang Mai, are you saying back then you needed the police report and medical form for that in Chiang Mai? If so, that would be interesting historical trivia.

THESE days, nope. No way. No medical form or police report needed for a first time retirement extension done in Chiang Mai.

The thing we need to know from the OP is whether he is applying for O-A visa in his home country or not. If not, he needs no medical form or police report. If so, he does, and those need to be included in his O-A visa application in the home country.

I was very clear about it I only needed it for my original application. Never did I say I needed it for renewal. I see all kinds of visa's being thrown around several different types of O-A and they mean nothing to me. I say retirement visa and 99% of the people know what I am talking about. Once a year go to the Immigration office and renew it. Check in with immigration every 90 days. No need to leave the country. Can all be done at your local immigration office.

Possibly at a international airport. I don't know about that. But I do know if I get a multi entry permit I can leave the country and come back as often as I like and my reentry will count for reporting in. I know there are other long term visa's where you have to leave the country every 90 days. A couple of friends of mine have business visa's good for 15 months but they have to leave the country every 90 days. Student visas I don't know.

I am sorry but if I tell you I don't know what you are talking about saying retirement visa (which I DID assume you meant O-A from Canada) in the CONTEXT of this thread which was a reply to an OP that sounded like he was talking about retirement EXTENSIONS in Chiang Mai, no, you were not very clear. If you don't know what an O-A is well enough to mention it, fine, but it could have been made clear by saying the retirement visa you got in Canada. Then we would be sure what you are talking about. It sounded like you might be claiming you needed a medical form and police report for your first time retirement extension done in Chiang Mai. You do realize many many people go into the retirement extension system and never once get the "retirement visa" O-A visa from their home country? The way your original report read in the context of this thread which appears to be about retirement extensions in CM would tend to give some people the false impression that these reports may be needed in CM currently for first time retirement extensions, which is incorrect. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

A medical for retirement should not be required but has been in Nakhon Phanom for my last 2 visa extentions and will be needed again in December this year.Better to get medical than piss off immigration officer.Another note at same office a medical isn't need for a visa extension based on marrage.LOL.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

No. Do not bother getting a medical form for an application for annual extension based on retirement in Chiang Mai. The OP asked about Chiang Mai. Why suggest he waste ANY time or money when it is absolutely not needed!

Edited by Jingthing

Hopfully he has enough time after getting refused to reapply his visa extension.If not a trip out of the country will cost more.By the way it was free at our hospital in Na Kae so what cost are you referring to?Just a few mintutes and medical certificate was issued.But by all means don't bother getting it if not needed in Chang Mai or asked for.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thanks guys for your info.

Indeed my question was about converting a tourist visa into Retirement, here in Chiang Mai.

As I understand from your posts no medical certificate is needed.

I plan to apply in 2-3 weeks. Will keep you posted.

Yossi