Biggest Mistake Ever.

meatballs

Well, for me it has got to be getting married. I violated the two day rule when I came to Thailand and now I'm paying the price. First came the offspring and now it's demands for houses & cars(nothing ever seems to be enoughrolleyes.gif ). I have to put up with her crazy emotional fits too where she threatens to kill herself. This is truly the biggest mistake I've ever made. I just want to just leave Thailand, give her some money, and finish this whole crappy mistake. I failed to learn my lesson from my father's own crappy marriage. I really screwed up. I will never marry or have anything to do with a woman again in my lifetime. It will be nothing but short time affairs for me if anything. Maybe I'll even become gay. I'm sure it will save me loads of money.

• Like 1

This is what i was going through few months back. DONOT let her "kill" herself because she'll end up breakin stuff at ur place or even hurtin' u AND bcuz this is thailand there is no law against it either. I think, What i did is the best think anyone cud do. See, Tell her you want to break up and that its upto her if she wants to keep the offspring with her or let you take it. (Most probably she'll give you the baby bcuz she cannot earn enuf money to take care of her whole family and the baby too). Even if she keeps the baby, she'll ask her mother to take the baby with her and take care of him. so anyways the baby will be in the right hands. In asia there is no law or anything that'll u have to pay her any kinda money after u guys seperate. Even in the case of a baby , it's on you if u wanna help her mother or you don't have too. It sounds a bit hard and impractical to just go and say "booyah! i'm gon' leave u perrra" but really try it out . I can gurrantee you that your offspring will be safe and u can MOVE ON or become gay ,if that's what you want. (as soon as u'll kick her out , ur love for "women will come back itself) .

P.S. - By "no law" i mean that here most of the local population doesn't know or care about all this stuff. They find legal stuff complicated.

• Like 1

Hate to add this but Biggest mistake ever for me was going to Thailand in the first place........Ouch.

Certainly would never had received a 15 month sentance in the UK if I hadn't............

3 Boys with 3 different mothers and although married to two of them, nothing to be proud of and none of those kids are with me for different reasons....

I enjoy this forum still but I can say with certainty that I will never be going to Thailand again.

• Haha 1

I just want to just leave Thailand, give her some money, and finish this whole crappy mistake.

But you still love her, right? That’s the usual in these cases. There also appears to be children involved, which is sad.

Have you tried talking things out with her?

Sometimes within marriages the guy becomes pulled in between an emotional turmoil, wanting the marriage to work, but knowing this may not be possible. Perhaps the wife has fallen out of love with her husband and of course in many cases the husband is oblivious to his own faults. He wants to escape from the situation but his feelings are too strong and in the end, suffers from total confusion, emotional turmoil and distress.

What to do:

First, if you have not already done so, sit down and calmly discuss how you feel with the wife. Attempt to establish exactly how she feels about you and if she has criticisms, listen and acknowledge your faults. Try to come to some compromise solution to save the marriage, especially if there are children involved. If you receive negative reactions from your wife or she makes it clear that you are no longer the love of her life, then you have to find the strength and accept the situation for what it is and take positive action in order to dissolve the relationship in the most viable and economic way possible.

As regarding your assets, if you suspect your wife may try to access your bank accounts and so on, protect yourself by ensuring that your money is in your name and so on. Think you know what I mean?

A few questions:

How old are you and how old is your wife? Are you living with her full time? What do you do in Thailand? Do you have drink, emotional or financial problems?

Just trying to establish what is the core of the problem here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Coming to Thailand is never a mistake.

Marrying the 1st Thai girl u date here/ bar girl/ single mum will most probably be a mistake.

Getting kids before u know ur wife well enough is a mistake.

Letting your wife to rule your life is a mistake.

Unable to stop her from blackmailing you is a mistake.

Don't let a woman ruin your wife. Ditch her. If u r not legally registered, just pack your bags n go. Cone back for your kid later.

Most Thai women married to farang wouldn't commit suicide. They will just kill their husband after the insurance policy/ will is ready.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by rics21
  • Like 1

I'm in exactly the same boat but i'm not in Thailand I'm in the UK.

. Went to Pattaya on holiday, met a girl( yep she was different) visited her a few times, got married and moved back to the UK usual story.

We are now separated after 4 years of hell and i also had to put up with the extreme mood swings, compulsive gambling and constant demands for money to send back home.

Its a blessing we never had kids but i have spent thousands on her 2 kids and family in Thailand.

Some of these marriages do work but mine was a huge mistake both emotionally and financially...................never again

Ive seen a farang who owned bars and deals w bargirls say these marriages never work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meatballs

You just married the wrong girl, she could have been from any country in the world, but if she is the wrong one it wouldn't matter,

From my own experiences i have been married to western women and they all seemed to grow horns after getting married, my Thai wife now is the best thing that happened to me,

So don't change countries just change the wife. good luck with which ever route you take

A recent post by meatballs...

All looking okay a week back. whistling.gif

Posted by meatballs on 2012-09-01 10:40:19 in Pattaya Forum

I semi-retired here at age 28. I became alcoholic pretty fast. Sleeping with a new girl everyday gave me some really nasty stds. Along the way I found away to make money online(dating) so I could live in SEA permanently. It's been 5 years and I live a fantastic life in Pattaya and SEA. biggrin.png

My advice is be crazy, drink, sleep around and have a blast. You only live once. If all fails, you can start over again(please don't be a jumper).

smells like a troll

Guys who spend less time choosing a wife than they do a house shouldn't be surprised when they lose both. These guys who marry someone who was only a holiday romance have no reason to complain.

I spent five years with my ex before getting married and paid a heavy price further down the line. laugh.png

Guys who spend less time choosing a wife than they do a house shouldn't be surprised when they lose both. These guys who marry someone who was only a holiday romance have no reason to complain.

I spent five years with my ex before getting married and paid a heavy price further down the line. laugh.png

Spent about 2 years deciding to marry my English wife ...... 25 years later disaster (worse than Transam)

Spent about 2 days deciding to marry my Thai wife ........ 5 years later and its great.

Keep in mind there is always at least two sides to these relationship gone to rat-shit stories.

We only ever get to hear one.

For sure but how many ladies would have married Elvis in a second, and not for his money. Watch his vids. Of course down the line it might turn sour but that is the nature of marriage.

Keep in mind there is always at least two sides to these relationship gone to rat-shit stories.

Having been on the receiving end of one of 'these relationship gone to rat-shit stories' and after reading Transam's account of his 'relationship gone to rat-shit stories'. I have to say I do tend to believe the guys stories ...... otherwise it would suggest I was delusional (my story) as well as a poor judge of character (Transam's story), in which I might as well just shoot myself in the head (my English wife's story).

Sorry GH, but by posting there are two sides to all these stories, you are sort of suggesting that TS and I are less than honest people. I think both TS and myself are pretty 'stand-up guys', and you are playing the delusional 'if I'm good it can't happen to me' game.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Having been on the receiving end of one of 'these relationship gone to rat-shit stories' and after reading Transam's account of his 'relationship gone to rat-shit stories'. I have to say I do tend to believe the guys stories ...... otherwise it would suggest I was delusional (my story) as well as a poor judge of character (Transam's story), in which I might as well just shoot myself in the head (my English wife's story).

Sorry GH, but by posting there are two sides to all these stories, you are sort of suggesting that TS and I are less than honest people. I think both TS and myself are pretty 'stand-up guys', and you are playing the delusional 'if I'm good it can't happen to me' game.

Can l ad, my ex stitched me up big time, but she was the love of my life, and still is.

May sound strange to some here and in all honesty I was never a problem. EVERYBODY changes as they get older and so relationships change, BUT, although my ex changed as well as me l would protect her till death. Sadly she didn't think the same as me. sad.png

• Like 2

Can l ad, my ex stitched me up big time, but she was the love of my life, and still is.

May sound strange to some here and in all honesty I was never a problem. EVERYBODY changes as they get older and so relationships change, BUT, although my ex changed as well as me l would protect her till death. Sadly she didn't think the same as me. sad.png

Me too!

(Not sure about the still is part though, more of a WAS the love of my life)

• Like 1

A recent post by meatballs...

All looking okay a week back. whistling.gif

Posted by meatballs on 2012-09-01 10:40:19 in Pattaya Forum

I semi-retired here at age 28. I became alcoholic pretty fast. Sleeping with a new girl everyday gave me some really nasty stds. Along the way I found away to make money online(dating) so I could live in SEA permanently. It's been 5 years and I live a fantastic life in Pattaya and SEA. biggrin.png

My advice is be crazy, drink, sleep around and have a blast. You only live once. If all fails, you can start over again(please don't be a jumper).

7 days is a long time in Los.

Is this the bouncy birdy guy ?

There are exceptions to the rules. Sometimes one lucks out.

Mine is still different.