Does Anyone Know Of Any Reputable Metal Fabrication Plants / Workshops In Pattaya/bangkok

ireland007

We are searching for one since 10 years.

Someone who is reliable and can follow specifications.......

But nothing till now.....There are hundreds of small shops close to the streets, I think some must be able to do a good job...

there is one shop specialized in stainless steel on Sukhumvit Road near that paintball range - Na Jomtien area.

Forgot the exact location but even though it looks a bit messy from outside, he is doing quite solid work.

There's my NZ friend by the name of Rodney Skinner:

Ph: 081 XXXXXX

This dude can manufacture anything and he even has a computer-steered Plasma-Cutter.

Give him a ring.

Cheers

wai.gif

Please contact poster via PM for phone #

Edited by Rooo
Phone

There is a shop on Highway 36 just after the bee farm, forgot the name. They did for me some good quality jobs with afterwards powder coating. They can not speak english you should bring a translator along with you. If you need a contact number let me know by PM.

Good luck and cheers.

There is a shop on Highway 36 just after the bee farm, forgot the name. They did for me some good quality jobs with afterwards powder coating. They can not speak english you should bring a translator along with you. If you need a contact number let me know by PM.

Good luck and cheers.

One of the son's speaks English, and yes they are good.I wanted to mention them myself previously as they also have done some smaller jobs for me and they have all the machines the OP would need for his project,but I was a bit worried since they lately have many very big jobs and might not have enough time or interest these days.

I've been in manufacturing for 17 years. 6-1/2 of those in Thailand. The biggest problem for people like h90 is that they want to spend the absolute minimum on the work. There are some VERY good fabricators in Chonburi and Rayong, but they know what they can do so they are not the cheapest.

I have used that shop on Highway 36 as well. The quality is good, but they do mostly sheet metal (in my experience). It's doubtful you'd need a "Computer steered" (CNC) plasma cutter or any sheet metal work for a bicycle. Probably tube bending, TIG welding, and maybe heat treating.

All of that aside, I can get this done for you but I have a dozen questions that need to be answered, PM me if you are still looking.

The shop on highway #36 does a lot of jobs that involve tube bending and tig welding,and have the appropriate machinery in place for it.

• 2 months later...

Gents...I live waaaay out in Apache country and dont have access to the kind of shops yer all talkin about here, but would appreciate if someone could point me at an establishment that sells decent engineering (or better still aircraft) grade aluminium flat stock (3/8" - 2") and also decent cds carbon steel tube..???

I could probably use some 'computer steered plasma cutting though... thumbsup.gif

Edited by bigdod

Gents...I live waaaay out in Apache country and dont have access to the kind of shops yer all talkin about here, but would appreciate if someone could point me at an establishment that sells decent engineering (or better still aircraft) grade aluminium flat stock (3/8" - 2") and also decent cds carbon steel tube..???

I could probably use some 'computer steered plasma cutting though... thumbsup.gif

Hi Bigdod,

You can try either of these guys.

http://www.tozzhin.com/en/home

http://www.thyssenkruppmaterials.co.th/content/view/25/37/

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I've been in manufacturing for 17 years. 6-1/2 of those in Thailand. The biggest problem for people like h90 is that they want to spend the absolute minimum on the work. There are some VERY good fabricators in Chonburi and Rayong, but they know what they can do so they are not the cheapest.

I have used that shop on Highway 36 as well. The quality is good, but they do mostly sheet metal (in my experience). It's doubtful you'd need a "Computer steered" (CNC) plasma cutter or any sheet metal work for a bicycle. Probably tube bending, TIG welding, and maybe heat treating.

All of that aside, I can get this done for you but I have a dozen questions that need to be answered, PM me if you are still looking.

The shop on highway #36 does a lot of jobs that involve tube bending and tig welding,and have the appropriate machinery in place for it.

Do you have a name of the shop or person?

This old gentleman in Bangkok was a bicycle racer, he has a workshop just making steel(chro-moly) bicycles and usually tailor-made-to-measure frame and even runs course for people to make their own bikes (link in Thai)

I've seen tandem bicycles in this shop before,

If he can't do it himself, he might be able to get you in touch with many of his apprentice who had leant the craft and has now set up shop around Thailand

https://th-th.facebook.com/pages/%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9A/158819380852308

Do you have a name of the shop or person?

Don't have name, guess it doesn't have one, but you can't miss it. If you drive from Pattaya towards Rayong on the #36 road,it is right next to the Big Bee farm.

I have a small fabricating shop and even have a computer steered plasma cutter just like my mate Rod. Trouble is most of the type of work that the OP wants ends up coming in with poor quality drawings by someone that doesn't have an engineering background, expects me to do the detailed CAD manufacturing drawings for nothing then wants the whole job done by tomorrow for the same price that Somkiat in the rice paddy down the road charged him for some '' similar'' job last time. Please don't call me and probably not my mate Rod either.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have a small fabricating shop and even have a computer steered plasma cutter just like my mate Rod. Trouble is most of the type of work that the OP wants ends up coming in with poor quality drawings by someone that doesn't have an engineering background, expects me to do the detailed CAD manufacturing drawings for nothing then wants the whole job done by tomorrow for the same price that Somkiat in the rice paddy down the road charged him for some '' similar'' job last time. Please don't call me and probably not my mate Rod either.

Maybe you should add your phonenumber, so we can make sure we don't call you by mistake smile.png

• Like 1

Maybe you should add your phonenumber, so we can make sure we don't call you by mistake Posted Image

I get these sort of people calling me on a regular basis for one off jobs. I am speaking from experience. Their expectations are high and their budgets are low. I am in business to make money not to support some persons fantasy. If you have a problem with that then you are obviously not in the metal fabrication business in Thailand.

BCgardener, do you do alloy work in pattaya ?..............

Spoonman.... Yes we do some alloy work. We just finished a large sound proof generator canopy in 5052 grade. We have a high tech Kempi mig for alloy and also tig. We are near Sattahip, most of our work is either export to Oz or local oil and gas industry.

Spoonman.... Yes we do some alloy work. We just finished a large sound proof generator canopy in 5052 grade. We have a high tech Kempi mig for alloy and also tig. We are near Sattahip, most of our work is either export to Oz or local oil and gas industry.

Any chance you have - or have access to - a mandrel tubing bender for steel ???

Seedy, there is a few places around Chonburi that have Mandrel Benders but all are limited on the tube they can bend.

I had to get someone in OZ to do some harness bars for me as none had a small enough mandrel (tube ID was 38mm from memory).

We don't do any tube work, so no , don't have one. Try AVO turbo in Sukhumvit soi 41 , Sattahip. They do performance car work and I think they have a CNC mandrel tube bender

We don't do any tube work, so no , don't have one. Try AVO turbo in Sukhumvit soi 41 , Sattahip. They do performance car work and I think they have a CNC mandrel tube bender

Thanks - will check them out.

Cool, yeah your not who thought you were.

Hi Bigdod,

You can try either of these guys.

http://www.tozzhin.com/en/home

http://www.thyssenkruppmaterials.co.th/content/view/25/37/

Hey Action...sorry about the late reply mate...TV only flagged up this morning that there had been any reply. Thanks for the info anyway, I've got a couple of projects on the go now which will require some materials, but good to see a few of the other posters on here seem to know what they're talking about too...i think I'll be referring back to this thread a bit more regularly now too...

cheers...

Sort of related to this thread on metal fabrication: Is there anyplace in/close to Pattaya that would make (or sell pre-made) steel mesh like this:

post-33251-0-33403800-1376738867_thumb.j

I would need a piece roughly 1m x 2m for a security door.

Sort of related to this thread on metal fabrication:  Is there anyplace in/close to Pattaya that would make (or sell pre-made) steel mesh like this:

gecbjead.jpg

I would need a piece roughly 1m x 2m for a security door.  

It might be a long shot but you could try Chonburi Sricharoen Steel in Chonburi. Ask for K. Chatchai. He speaks English. You can google the name for their Web site.