The Dark Side Is Happening !

Gone

Not sure if a newbie is allowed to make a suggestion, but i am a newbie both on TV and the Dark Side. How about a mini meeting at one of these establishments tonight?

we welcome such brave newbies...or is it just naive innocence that makes you want to meet the very experienced posters on this board? tongue.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if a newbie is allowed to make a suggestion, but i am a newbie both on TV and the Dark Side. How about a mini meeting at one of these establishments tonight?

we welcome such brave newbies...or is it just naive innocence that makes you want to meet the very experienced posters on this board? tongue.png

Hahaha, don't worry about me, I'll survive your experienced posters. It's not because I am a TV newby poster that I am innocent, naive or a newbie bar visitor. Wouldnbe seriously interested in a mini meeting. It makes it more easy to feel at home at the November event...

Hahaha, don't worry about me, I'll survive your experienced posters. It's not because I am a TV newby poster that I am innocent, naive or a newbie bar visitor. Wouldnbe seriously interested in a mini meeting. It makes it more easy to feel at home at the November event...

We tried a couple of times to revive the thaivisa Friday Night Outings that were quite good fun a couple of years ago. If anyone steps forward and says "I am in this pub on Friday at 7 pm" I will most probably join the event!

We tried a couple of times to revive the thaivisa Friday Night Outings that were quite good fun a couple of years ago. If anyone steps forward and says "I am in this pub on Friday at 7 pm" I will most probably join the event!

Although I don't have Las Vegas utility bills to pay nor a spoiled gf to support I still have to work for a living. From today until Tuesday or possibly Wednesday next week no nightlife for me. Wednesday, Thursday or Friday next week i will definitely join.

Leo's ?

This thread has gone from the sublime to the rediculous! When a get-together is proposed, the guy that started this thread to announce that the Darkside is a "happening" place, proposes a venue to meet in Naklua on the Bright Side!!!! I think that this sums up pretty well how "happening" the Darkside really is. The Darkside is a great place to "live" (in the narrow sense), but with a very few (like one or two) exceptions, the restaurants and bars on the Darkside totally suck. I for one am content if it stays that way, although the trend is going in the wrong direction. I am very willing to live in peace and tranquility and to drive a few kilometers to the west side of Sukumvit for shopping and dining -- that is where all of the good stuff is. Someone needs to open their eyes or get a life, what ever!

• Like 1

Leo's ?

This thread has gone from the sublime to the rediculous! When a get-together is proposed, the guy that started this thread to announce that the Darkside is a "happening" place, proposes a venue to meet in Naklua on the Bright Side!!!! I think that this sums up pretty well how "happening" the Darkside really is. The Darkside is a great place to "live" (in the narrow sense), but with a very few (like one or two) exceptions, the restaurants and bars on the Darkside totally suck. I for one am content if it stays that way, although the trend is going in the wrong direction. I am very willing to live in peace and tranquility and to drive a few kilometers to the west side of Sukumvit for shopping and dining -- that is where all of the good stuff is. Someone needs to open their eyes or get a life, what ever!

As much as I agree with you that it is indeed remarkable that someone who promotes the Darkside suggests a place in nakluea for a get together, I totally disagree that the places on the Darkside suck. Lots of good food to have and also some nice bars.

I'm sorry. I wasn't being a "dark side expat" but just saw a post from someone who seemed to be new to Pattaya (maybe not) and wanted to meet some of the members so tried to suggest a place for ALL not just the dark siders.

Who where or what is NORBERT? Today is Friday and if there are any suggestions that work by the end of the day I'm in for a few frosty's.

PS: My OP was just saying that the dark side is happening, I didn't say that dark siders do not cross roads once in awhile. whistling.gif

Ok well 5:00 and no suggestions yet.

Does anyone know if that "Brass Monkey" has live music every weekend or was that a one-off thing when "The Big Smile Band" played there the other week?

Craig: Do you still have my number? If you want to venture to The Dark Side we could meet up for a brew or two.

If nothing happens in the next hour or so then I'm off to see Nathen and the Nathenettes around 8 or 9:00. lol.

Any candidates for this week?

Where? I'll go for a beer with ya.

Great, lets see if we can get some more to join!

I dont know the dark side well.

Black Out and Mango are the only places i know.

Passed the pussy cat thing but didn't check it out

In other words: open for suggestions...

Ok well 5:00 and no suggestions yet.

Does anyone know if that "Brass Monkey" has live music every weekend or was that a one-off thing when "The Big Smile Band" played there the other week?

Craig: Do you still have my number? If you want to venture to The Dark Side we could meet up for a brew or two.

If nothing happens in the next hour or so then I'm off to see Nathen and the Nathenettes around 8 or 9:00. lol.

The owners of The Brass Monkey and the guy who organised the music event there the other week are working on having regular live bands there, they've been talking to a couple of groups and it's looking good, so expect some live music there soon, Saturday nights is the plan I think. The Dark Side is rocking!!