Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mmm if I was looking for a road bike bit of a difficult choice brand new bike or 2nd hand kawa which you can pick up cheaper than these prices,

I would really want a test ride on the Honda first as I have a feeling that the Honda may be a bit underpowered.

My former student just sent me this...

The cbr, 204k

The cb, 199k

The CBX, 209...

Not a big gap to the kawasaki then...

wow.. so you can buy it cheaper in he USA THEN... FAIL THE CBR500 is $5995 MRP (xe.com puts that at 185000baht

The cbr, 204k

The cb, 199k

The CBX, 209...

wow.. so you can buy it cheaper in he USA THEN... FAIL THE CBR500 is $5995 MRP (xe.com puts that at 185000baht

I very well may be proven wrong in the next couple of days, but I would be surprised to see prices that high. It certainly doesn't follow the pattern Honda has established with the CBR 250 and CRF, which are priced notably below US prices (which makes sense given no across-the-world shipping and lower distribution/dealer markup costs in Thailand ie Honda makes as much money selling a bike here for less than it does over there). Based on how they've priced their 250's, my guess is the three models will span the 160,000 to 180,000 baht range. Perhaps just wishful thinking, but unless there's some additional tax or duty that would affect the 500's and not the 250's, this would be my guess. The 200k to 210k range listed above doesn't make for a very strong value case against the Kawasaki 650's, and value is the name of the game with Honda's new generation 250 and 500's.

• Like 1

The cbr, 204k

The cb, 199k

The CBX, 209...

If i had a chance to ho motorshow today, i might reserve my bike. Pity lots of meeting today:(

Is it possible like these prices are for abs version? If yes then it makes sense.

If no as i stated before, bigwing got greedy and we got a sting unfortunately:blink:

Still i ll buy it i guess.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

The cbr, 204k

The cb, 199k

The CBX, 209...

If i had a chance to ho motorshow today, i might reserve my bike. Pity lots of meeting today:(

Is it possible like these prices are for abs version? If yes then it makes sense.

If no as i stated before, bigwing got greedy and we got a sting unfortunately:blink:

Still i ll buy it i guess.

I guess we will know it for sure soon. But i thought about such "high" prices the last days. It would place the 500 between a Ninjette and a Kawa 650cc. That would make sense for Honda. But it would be greedy too. I still hope prices will be lower. Or at least the prices will drop after some months i hope.

Or at least the prices will drop after some months i hope.

Dropping prices after the intro?

I think that would be bad business & would alienate buyers that bought at the higher opening price from

possible future sales.

If anything a company might give a show or intro price that would be slightly lower

then raise prices after demand is increased.

But you never know I guess anything is possible.

$6640 USD is not a high price per se' for a new 500cc bike if folks like this bike.

But if as someone else said the US MSRP is $5995 it would put some folks off.

Heaney this on Facebook, he also wrote some Thai stuff about the expo this week. He also thought it would be around this price not to long ago, but this price list seems plausible. It will sell in bucket loads... Probably a few months waiting time now and it might remain that way for a long time...

I had hoped it would be cheaper as I wanted the CBX, but with only 90 k, between that and the versys, it is difficult.

Time will tell if the prices are spot on, maybe even introduction price before the magic jump up at about 20 k, just like kawasaki.

Underpowered, hmm, Thais like cheap petrol, this bike is spot on for them... Prove me wrong but was the same not said about the nc700? And look how that is selling now, here and in Europe... Honda knows how to sell bikes, sure some are boring and flat, but they sell to the masses...

Now, z1000 is just so more attractive now...

The cbr, 204k

The cb, 199k

The CBX, 209...

Just remember this is not verified.. He is into the know, but I don't want to claim this is 100%

Since I don't know how high up he is in the information chain...

A couple of factors are going to govern the price. Is Thailand important to Honda in this capacity class, and will the customer who would have bought at 180000 baht still buy it for 204000 baht. Well, someone on here has already said they`re willing to pay, and Honda will be listening.

I think that would be bad business & would alienate buyers that bought at the higher opening price from

possible future sales.

If anything a company might give a show or intro price that would be slightly lower

$6640 USD is not a high price per se' for a new 500cc bike if folks like this bike.

Apple has done it (lowered price after release)…maybe honda is going to follow their model.

Apple has done it (lowered price after release)…maybe honda is going to follow their model.

Anything is possible but a used bike market is much larger than used computer/cell phone market

I would think there would be many upset buyers later when their used sale price would need to be based on the lowest new price.

But again anything is possible & as another poster mentioned so far these prices are just hearsay.

Maybe we will see something else soon or maybe Sumet will let folks know.

possible future sales.

Apple is a brand with the innovative public being the driving force, I doubt Honda can sell 5 million bikes the opening weekend. If we were talking ducati pain gale, sure it might have dropped after the first launch. But don't worry, they will sell the bike here, if you like, then buy, if you don't, then don't buy... But be happy that they have entered the market... Now, Honda, can we have the cb1000 for the same as the. Z1000???

possible future sales.

I always "hope" there will be lower prices. Upset consumers or not, this is Thailand. I guess some Thais even would be proud to have paid the higher introduction price :)

Its absolutely normal that prices for consumer products drop after introduction nowadays. Why not with motorbikes or cars? We will see what happens.

Prices have dropped on some of Honda`s later offerings, but they have come down from the inflated prices being charged by the gouging regular dealers. If the CB500 range is sold at a fixed price by Big Wing and not made available through the sharks the price might well remain firm.

Ahh yeah sorry here s the link

http://www.honda500thai.com/index.php/topic,489.msg1897.html

Abs is not offered as an option in the list so we might get abs.

And man if you have 20k you can finance and get a 500cc honda and the rest easy instsllments like 4 - 5 k!

It ll be the bigbike of masses in Thailand and sell good!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer