Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Red one looks fantastic, isnt it?

Every time i look at it, it grows more on me man:)

It is. But hard to make a decision, i like them all smile.png

I guess my favorite is the X. These sport bikes are fun but i like it more upright.

Enough power, nice design, good price and a Honda. My next bike may be the X. Or the F. Or R biggrin.png

post-129800-0-26697400-1352913103_thumb.

• Like 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess my favorite is the X. These sport bikes are fun but i like it more upright.

Enough power, nice design, good price and a Honda. My next bike may be the X. Or the F. Or R biggrin.png

Something that may...or may not matter to you

The Rake & Trail of these 3 bikes are slacker than normal RR bikes

meaning more straight line stability but less responsive ( Compared to RR types )

but the X model is the slackest of the three new models.

Again this may not matter to you at all. But just something I noticed in their specs.

Sorry Mania, what do you mean?? Slacker???

slacker = increased ( or more relaxed we say )

For instance a Honda 600RR

Rake = 23.5 degrees

Trail = 97.7mm (3.9 inches )

CB500F & CBR500R

Rake = 25.5 degrees

Trail = 103mm (4.05 inches )

CB500x

Rake = 26.5 degrees

Trail = 109mm (4.29 inches )

As you can see all 3 new models are slacker ( more relaxed )

But the X especially so

Edited by mania

cbx is also nice wantan. I can understand you on this. it is a perfect all rounder and for touring i am sure it is the best of them. It looks much more comfy as well.

If i am 20 years older than what i am now, i might go for cbx but i like more sporty bikes and cbr500 has the most aggressive stance and handling among them all.

Man, how we can get a dyno of the bikes? When we will see a dyno of them?

cbx is also nice wantan. I can understand you on this. it is a perfect all rounder and for touring i am sure it is the best of them. It looks much more comfy as well.

If i am 20 years older than what i am now, i might go for cbx but i like more sporty bikes and cbr500 has the most aggressive stance and handling among them all.

When you buy one and take it to Dirt shop for a dyno :D

sent from my Q6

When you buy one and take it to Dirt shop for a dyno :D

sent from my Q6

Where is this dirt shop and how much does it cost to dyno a motorcycle

When you buy one and take it to Dirt shop for a dyno biggrin.png

sent from my Q6

hahaha you are right thaicbr.

but before i dyno mine i am sure i will see it in youtube.

i am excited to see the dyno graph, redline and performance values man! more than the pricebiggrin.png

While I would not call any of the three aggressive

The cbr500 & the CB500F should be identical in handling

ie: Identical rake,trail,wheelbase,suspension etc.

Handling by all accounts would be identical between the F&R

The X would be a bit more relaxed.

Edited by mania

the sh.ttest instrument cluster i have ever seen in my life unfortunately it will be on my new bikesick.gif which i like to look down a lot for various reasons and what i will see will be s.itty plastic digital things. Do not get me wrong, i like digital instrumentation but not the tachometer. I like something round there.

no analog rpm, no temperature indicator besides, it looks like it is coming from a very cheap scooter! They can just put the one from cbr250 man which would be thousands times better.

Oh Bike Gods, all is good about bike except this instrument cluster and 7900 rpm redline on itsad.png,

I hope we can get an aftermarket instrument cluster and get an aftermarket ecu for eliminating 7800 rpm and moving it to 10,000 rpm ASAP after release.clap2.gif I will change them ASAP.

Cbrer, thanks for the photo by the way. I could not cut it from Honda website somehow.

post-114750-0-66101400-1352969625_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

yeah taninthai, i know, you can get all you want in life necessarily all the time. Thanks for your convincing post though.

By the way, the specs of cbr500 in Honda website is not true i guess.

1- it is stated as 500 cc but it is 470 cc???

2- the weight is reduced to 425 - 192 kgs now??? ( i am sure it was 430 pounds there at the specs 2 days ago man? it is good though anywaysmile.png )

How come Honda place wrong information on their website?

Are they that careless now and is not it illegal to claim wrong figures before selling the bike? <deleted>

Edited by loserlazer

the sh.ttest instrument cluster i have ever seen in my life unfortunately it will be on my new bikesick.gif which i like to look down a lot for various reasons and what i will see will be s.itty plastic digital things. Do not get me wrong, i like digital instrumentation but not the tachometer. I like something round there.

no analog rpm, no temperature indicator besides, it looks like it is coming from a very cheap scooter! They can just put the one from cbr250 man which would be thousands times better.

Oh Bike Gods, all is good about bike except this instrument cluster and 7900 rpm redline on itsad.png,

I hope we can get an aftermarket instrument cluster and get an aftermarket ecu for eliminating 7800 rpm and moving it to 10,000 rpm ASAP after release.clap2.gif I will change them ASAP.

Cbrer, thanks for the photo by the way. I could not cut it from Honda website somehow.

You are right, it isn't very exciting. But wait a few years and all bikes will have some iPad-like instruments with build-in navigation. You will be able to change the design the way you like and maybe download some apps to it smile.png

For example the "add 2000rmp to the real rpm for feeling more sporty" app wink.png

Edited by wantan

You are right, it isn't very exciting. But wait a few years and all bikes will have some iPad-like instruments with build-in navigation. You will be able to change the design the way you like and maybe download some apps to it smile.png

For example the "add 2000rmp to the real rpm for feeling more sporty" app wink.png

I thought yamaha already did the rpm thingy.... http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=25009 :)

You are right, it isn't very exciting. But wait a few years and all bikes will have some iPad-like instruments with build-in navigation. You will be able to change the design the way you like and maybe download some apps to it.

Though remember that this bike is the cheapest of the cheap. Everything about it is cheap. Everything about it looks cheap. And one has to wonder if things will go faulty due to cheapness of parts.

Even in a few years the bikes that are designed to be the cheapest of the cheap will still have these cheap parts. The instrument panel is atrocious on it. As are the forks, as are the swingarm.

If someone wants a nice new bike to have nice new things on it, the bargain basement bin isn't the place to go. biggrin.png

Am I being too hard on it? biggrin.png

Edited by cbrer

Apart from the forks and swingarm I don't really think it looks cheap ,the dash looks ok to me and you don't really ride round looking at the dash so it's fine.

As I said in another post they could have upgraded the specs (forks/swingarm) on the cbr version to make it more of a different bike from the naked version ,it would have then been an excellent bike

You are right, it isn't very exciting. But wait a few years and all bikes will have some iPad-like instruments with build-in navigation. You will be able to change the design the way you like and maybe download some apps to it.

Though remember that this bike is the cheapest of the cheap. Everything about it is cheap. Everything about it looks cheap. And one has to wonder if things will go faulty due to cheapness of parts.

Even in a few years the bikes that are designed to be the cheapest of the cheap will still have these cheap parts. The instrument panel is atrocious on it. As are the forks, as are the swingarm.

If someone wants a nice new bike to have nice new things on it, the bargain basement bin isn't the place to go. biggrin.png

Am I being too hard on it? biggrin.png

What happened hehehoho? Honda give you the boot?

Looks similar quality to the cbr250 to me. The dash on the 250 looks better but the rest of the 500 looks on par or better IMO. I'd buy this bike at 180k ish before I hurt my eyes looking at the 250 thumper at 105k. It's not exciting or ground breaking, but it looks good and would make a decent, solid touring bike, especially the X version which is kind of like a mini-Versys - I can definitely see the attraction of the sheer practicality of these bikes and I think they'll do quite well, especially here where options are limited.

I'd still have hard time buying any of these ahead of the equivalent in the er6 series though.

Yes - The dash looks a bit cheap - but so does the one on the Kawasakis. My Keeway RKV has a nicer dash (and upside down forks!) and that IS a cheap bike.

For next year I'm looking for a low cost 'Adventure bike' for long distance touring - and with it's relaxed head angle (26.5' v 25 on a Versys) and lighter weight than a Versys (430 lb v 454 lb) it could be good? And 'right-way-up' forks look OK on an adventure-style bike.

Also considering a KLX 250 with a larger aftermarket tank, screen, luggage and better seat, or a Keeway TX 200 which has the bigger tank, better seat and a rack as standard, but not much power ... but I think 500cc (well, 460) would be better than a 200-250 especially with luggage. A CB500 X with dual purpose tyres, luggage, crash bars and (if possible) a centre stand could make a nice adventure touring bike.

According to Honda it makes 35kW (46.94bhp) @ 8500 rpm...where did the 7900 redline come from?

Spec for CBR500F - http://www.hondamc2013.com/bikes/cbr500f-2/

Also says Kerb Weight is 190kg

Always said I'd never get another black bike...but this with a decent can and a few subtle changes may change that

146609.jpg

Yes - The dash looks a bit cheap - but so does the one on the Kawasakis. My Keeway RKV has a nicer dash (and upside down forks!) and that IS a cheap bike.

For next year I'm looking for a low cost 'Adventure bike' for long distance touring - and with it's relaxed head angle (26.5' v 25 on a Versys) and lighter weight than a Versys (430 lb v 454 lb) it could be good? And 'right-way-up' forks look OK on an adventure-style bike.

Also considering a KLX 250 with a larger aftermarket tank, screen, luggage and better seat, or a Keeway TX 200 which has the bigger tank, better seat and a rack as standard, but not much power ... but I think 500cc (well, 460) would be better than a 200-250 especially with luggage. A CB500 X with dual purpose tyres, luggage, crash bars and (if possible) a centre stand could make a nice adventure touring bike.

Next year, around the same time,Keeway will have the KXM200 avaialble...

Ok Richard, i changed my mind and i will buy a Keeway KXM200 next year man because honda only deliver 8800 rpm:)

frame of cbr500 is not the same of cbr250. I am sure it is stronger and more rigid.

But, engines of cbr250 and cbr500 are pretty similar.

both has peak hp at 8500 rpm and peak torque at 7000 rpm just they cut the engine on 8800 - 9000 rpm on cbr500 i am sure for fuel economy as it is going until 10,500 rpm on cbr250 but no extra power of course.

compression is the same too: 10.7:1

It looks like they have just glued two cbr250 engine together, not much. I am sure most of the internals are the same as well possibly a bigger counterbalancer though.

And most important and interesting fact at all: Their WTMC fuel consumption figures are the same 27 km/liter, think about it, a a 500 c engine giving the same fuel consumption figures as a 250 cc!!!. That is great job IMO for Honda if it is true. Well done really.

By the way, the full engine specs: 47 crank hp at 8500 rpm and 44 nm torque at 7000 rpm. This site explains everything spec wise: http://www.hondamc20.../bikes/cbr500r/ , thanks to 'Neilly' for it but is it an international site or just connected to the UK Honda site?

Hope we get a bump on it for Thailand though for power:)

Note: And also, cbr500 has two 55 w bulbs and cbf and cbx has one and it is stated as 194 kg with ABS which is pretty OK! I was expecting 4 kgs on top of 194 kg for ABSbiggrin.png

Edited by loserlazer

Like the 300b Fuel Maps for the CBR250 at slected Honda Dealers and the Japanese made CBR500 (priced above the Er-6's)? rolleyes.gif

Green hair, red nose, juggling time.

Edited by cbrer

Like the 300b Fuel Maps for the CBR250 at slected Honda Dealers and the Japanese made CBR500 (priced above the Er-6's)? rolleyes.gif

Green hair, red nose, juggling time.

Maybe you should look up the meaning of “maybe”, “likely” and “probably”. All this words, which I used when I talked about the CBR250 and the CBR500R, mean that I was also not sure...

The truth is that pink caps on water bottles was a bit thin as proof, especially as Honda Thailand has water bottles with light blue caps. Also producing a 471cc motorcycle in Thailand means that Honda gets no BOI benefits so not tax advantage...

Sure I had it wrong, actually I'm very happy that I was wrong... biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngsmile.png

For the Keeway KXM200, Keeway already showed it at the EICMA motor show so not much guessing needed.

So it's 47hp at the crank now??

Which means it's closer to 40rwhp than the 50 odd mentioned earlier.

Is still think it represents great value for money if they come in close to those prices above smile.png

Edited by karlos

Apparently there are two versions one with 47 bhp for countries with tiered license laws and the other with 53bhp for countries with no tiered license laws,since Thailand basically has no laws full stop it's hard to say which one we will get but you would think it would be the 53 it might depend on where they are exporting the bikes that are made in thailand