Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When peas in the uk 7 years ago people were buying 600 cc bikes hornets,bandits ,gsxr and just buying the restricting kit for them so once they had done their time remove the kit and you have a full power bike believe a hornet is around 90 bhp this is what people seem to want in the real world not a 47 bhp machine that you would probably want to change within a year.

Don't forget country's with tiered licesense laws are getting a 47 bhp version and if that's at the crank with the weight of this bike it's not that great or tempting for buyers that have a huge selection to choose from. Still as I say good for Thailand.

According to Honda the tuned for torque 47bhp NC700X is faster to 75mph than the CB600F Hornet and gets nearly twice the mileage on a gallon of fuel. Of course it doesn't have the top end of the Hornet but Honda research shows that most riders spend their time below 70mph. Experienced riders in the UK are showing a lot of interest in Honda's new concept of economical, torquey bikes.

I find that hard to believe and is more likely marketing bullshit the hornet engine Is a slightly detuned cbr 600rr engine 0- 60 mph in 4 seconds or less and revs up to 12-14000rpm

I'd have to call BS on that as well. No way a heavy bike like the NC700x with 47ish HP beats a Hornet with nearly double the HP and less weight from 0-75. Not the stupidest thing that The Telegraph has ever come up with though... not by a long shot.

Yeah can post pic now.

Guys on the tire; is it written 'made in japan' or am i too paranoid and making it up?

They might be making them in japan man???:(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Don't worry they do import some parts for the bike my crf wheels have made in japan stamped on .

These bikes are set for America release in April 2013 and it has been mentioned they hit Thailand January 2013 that all sounds about right to me for the timescale and was the same with the crf being released in Thailand 4 months before the us Market.

Edited by taninthai

The new Honda 500cc motorcycles are very likely not made in Thailand, and even if they were manufactured in Thailand they would probably cost more than a Kawasaki 650cc.

Why is that? The Thailand government has no TAX or BOI benefits for manufacturers who produce a motorcycle with an engine bigger than 250cc and smaller than 500cc. The new Honda 500 line-up is officially 471cc so they don't have any Thai government/BOI benefits, nothing special.

The second reason is that Honda has not the space to produce 3 global motorcycle models in Thailand, they just have no free production lines.

Also investing in Thailand for the production of the CB500F, CB500X, and CBR500R in Thailand would be an investment difficult to earn back, 2013 is almost upon us and from 1 January 2013 the import duty from Japan will just be 22%, producing the motorcycle in Thailand without the Thai government benefits (BOI) it would cost more to produce them in Thailand.... So it's very likely that Honda will use the Japan-Thailand Economic Partnership Agreement to import the motorcycles into Thailand (if they decide to sell them in Thailand).

Why would they cost more? There is no import duty correct?

Just because you don't have space doesn't mean you cant get more. I am sure space is a lot cheaper here then Japan.

What does the 22% tax have to do with it? I would assume honda is not making them here only for thailand correct?

It would cost more in Thailand to produce? I doubt it.

The benefits cheaper labor, cheaper taxes, cheaper shipping to SEA, cheaper infrastructure, cheaper utilities, cheaper permits and less regulation. Lets not also forget know currency has appreciated like the Jap yen.

Lets revisit this post soon and see. I hope you are incorrect only for the Thailand bikers benefit.

The new Honda 500cc motorcycles are very likely not made in Thailand, and even if they were manufactured in Thailand they would probably cost more than a Kawasaki 650cc.

Why is that? The Thailand government has no TAX or BOI benefits for manufacturers who produce a motorcycle with an engine bigger than 250cc and smaller than 500cc. The new Honda 500 line-up is officially 471cc so they don't have any Thai government/BOI benefits, nothing special.

The second reason is that Honda has not the space to produce 3 global motorcycle models in Thailand, they just have no free production lines.

Also investing in Thailand for the production of the CB500F, CB500X, and CBR500R in Thailand would be an investment difficult to earn back, 2013 is almost upon us and from 1 January 2013 the import duty from Japan will just be 22%, producing the motorcycle in Thailand without the Thai government benefits (BOI) it would cost more to produce them in Thailand.... So it's very likely that Honda will use the Japan-Thailand Economic Partnership Agreement to import the motorcycles into Thailand (if they decide to sell them in Thailand).

Rest easy guys. Yesterday's print edition of The Nation has a picture of the opening ceremony for Thai Honda's new factory at Lad Krabang. In front of all the VIPs in the shot was a shiny new cbr500 & the sign behind them read "cbr500 production line" or something like that. But the really big news was... I got something valuable from reading The Nation!

Nice to see RichardBKK correct again.......... NOT :)

sent from my Q6

I confiscated the nation now, just to check if the claim to picture was correct... Not in the auto section, but page two, short story about auto investment and VIP'S with speeches...important item, the picture is true, so once again, Honda is building the bikes here ( which makes me believe that they will sell them here also)

My old student now working for said company claimed it would be under 200000, I asked yesterday since he contacted me on Facebook regarding my private post about losing money when selling the er6f... He did not know the final price, but it will be cheaper than the kawasaki... Not going to be unhappy then... (He also said that I might be to big for them and he suggested that I should buy the ducati, or z1000.. Good boy, no need to kiss ar.....e anymore, you are working now, no points)

Happy times...

This bike should be a minimum of 50,000 cheaper then the kawi 650.

And going on the US prices it will be biggrin.png

sent from my Q6

It needs to be. Will have less power.

CB500 X could be a great bike for Thailand and for long distance adventure touring, but footpegs look too high and no centre stand.

• Like 1

Forgiving the chopstick forks and stretched elastic band swingarm, I was quite tempted by the CBR500R until the 9000rpm redline info.

Where's peak HP gonna be, 6000rpm?

Talk about a sheep in wolf's clothing.

I think around 8000 rpm.:P but what to do.

Yeah man low rpm but more torque then.

Yeah sheep in wolf's clothing but i ll go for it anyway. There is no other reasonable option for me in Thailand.

And what bike else for that price and looks? Dont tell me kawa.

I ll buy it and do my waiting with it for kawa z800:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

Forgiving the chopstick forks and stretched elastic band swingarm, I was quite tempted by the CBR500R until the 9000rpm redline info.

Where's peak HP gonna be, 6000rpm?

Talk about a sheep in wolf's clothing.

Hell for Leather claims 46,9 HP and 30 ft-lb of torque. HP=(torque * RPM)/5252. At the listed torque, than anything peak HP-wise lower than 8200 simply can't be. (46,9*5252)/8000 = 30,8 ft-lb (7800 RPM = 31,6) ...so either HFL is wrong or there is a fairly narrow powerband. Personally i think the torque is a misquote.

Edited by dave_boo

I'm happy to say that I was wrong, Honda has confirmed that they will also produce the new 500cc models in Thailand

It was obvious for anyone following this rumor, really. I've heard that from Thai friends, from farang friends, on facebook, on this forum...

That said - kudos for the apology!

• Like 1

Honda World Superbike rider, Jonathan Rea, was on hand for Honda on Monday 12 November to help welcome the brand new CBR500R to the iconic CBR family. The launch took place at Le Pelota in Milan ahead of the annual EICMA extravaganza of two-wheeled loveliness.