Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Next year, around the same time,Keeway will have the KXM200 avaialble...

Like the 300b Fuel Maps for the CBR250 at slected Honda Dealers and the Japanese made CBR500 (priced above the Er-6's)? rolleyes.gif

Green hair, red nose, juggling time.

Maybe you should look up the meaning of “maybe”, “likely” and “probably”. All this words, which I used when I talked about the CBR250 and the CBR500R, mean that I was also not sure...

The truth is that pink caps on water bottles was a bit thin as proof, especially as Honda Thailand has water bottles with light blue caps. Also producing a 471cc motorcycle in Thailand means that Honda gets no BOI benefits so not tax advantage...

Sure I had it wrong, actually I'm very happy that I was wrong... biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngsmile.png

For the Keeway KXM200, Keeway already showed it at the EICMA motor show so not much guessing needed.

You keep talking about tax advantage? I am sure the majority of these bikes are for export. If honda relied on cb500 sales in thailand it would be a no go. The bottom line is thailand is a cheap place to mfg and certainly cheaeper then japan.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently there are two versions one with 47 bhp for countries with tiered license laws and the other with 53bhp for countries with no tiered license laws,since Thailand basically has no laws full stop it's hard to say which one we will get but you would think it would be the 53 it might depend on where they are exporting the bikes that are made in thailand

I completely forgot about that, my bad :)

http://www.hondamc2013.com/bikes/cbr500r/

If this website is an international honda site than there might me no 53 hp version. If it is uk or europen related site than maybe there might be two versions.

Anyone knows the origin of this website?

It looks like all will be 47hp. I hope i m wrong.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

http://www.hondamc20.../bikes/cbr500r/

HISS (Honda Intelligent Security System)?? This bike has an immobilizer / alarm fitted as standard? (Value for money just gets better and better)

3.2L of engine oil, one bottle more than an ER, strange two 'similar' bikes require such different capacities?? :)

3.2 liters mean 1600 thb every two or three months. Four bottles of good motul or castrol racing! Hope service intervals are at least 6000 km then:D

Immobilizer is surprising for that price.

Anyone can say about the origin of this website?

Edited by loserlazer

http://www.hondamc20.../bikes/cbr500r/

HISS (Honda Intelligent Security System)?? This bike has an immobilizer / alarm fitted as standard? (Value for money just gets better and better)

3.2L of engine oil, one bottle more than an ER, strange two 'similar' bikes require such different capacities?? smile.png

3.2 liters mean 1600 thb every two or three months. Four bottles of good motul or castrol racing! Hope service intervals are at least 6000 km then:D

Immobilizer is surprising for that price.

Anyone can say about the origin of this website?

What country doesnt sell the CBR1000RR but sells the CBR600RR.....

Apparently there are two versions one with 47 bhp for countries with tiered license laws and the other with 53bhp for countries with no tiered license laws,since Thailand basically has no laws full stop it's hard to say which one we will get but you would think it would be the 53 it might depend on where they are exporting the bikes that are made in thailand

No license related laws in Thailand, but emissions here are extra tight which is why they restrict some bikes sold here. FWIW.

^ You seem to have missed the part where it is completely unofficial.

It is the same as you starting up a website, posting all your teenage English along with whatever specs you want, and others thinking it's someway official.

Does sound about right.

Are the licensing tiers restricted to RWHP or Crank output? smile.png

From what I can tell, they do not specify (page 4 to be specific). Check this link: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:403:0018:0060:EN:PDF .

Most likely it is RWHP as that can be measured by the regulators. Would also like to point out the " and not derived from a vehicle of more than double its power," line which is going to squash the hopes of those who wanted to have a bike restricted from >94 HP.

It's an unofficial site hosted by a guy in France.

It has nothing to do with Honda.

Not sure where you got that from...if you look at the bottom of the page it say Copyright 2012 - Honda ...and if you click on that it brings this page up

HondaMotorEurope.jpg

I very much doubt it. The manufacturers always quote crank figures (unless qualified) the're higher! "THE REGULATORS" bless 'em probably don't know there are two places to measure power,and so accept the manufacturers figures.

You're possibly right. I would think that any plebe requesting certification from the relevant authority for the CB*500 bike would simply bring it in and have it weighed and dynoed. Much the same way as if they were going to have a restricted bike certified for an A2 license.

Of course I could be all wrong (which happens) and there are in fact two separate power levels...but the same was claimed for the FI Ninja 250 and nobody could back up those claims.

Not sure where you got that from...

Putting the site through webcheckers to show it's legal info. smile.png

Edited by cbrer

I very much doubt it. The manufacturers always quote crank figures (unless qualified) the're higher! "THE REGULATORS" bless 'em probably don't know there are two places to measure power,and so accept the manufacturers figures.

You're possibly right. I would think that any plebe requesting certification from the relevant authority for the CB*500 bike would simply bring it in and have it weighed and dynoed. Much the same way as if they were going to have a restricted bike certified for an A2 license.

Of course I could be all wrong (which happens) and there are in fact two separate power levels...but the same was claimed for the FI Ninja 250 and nobody could back up those claims.

yeah, lets bring the ninja 250 to this thread. I knew there was something missing here . hehehoho (or whatever his name is now) and Tony bigbikebkk will be happy to join the discusion rolleyes.gif

Sorry, but this is BS cbrer. Its an official website from Honda UK smile.png

whois hondamc2013.com

admin-c-organization: Hicklin Slade & Partners Ltd

admin-c-city: London

Hicklin Slade & Partners Limited operates as an integrated digital marketing services agency.

http://connection.eb...da-dealers-work

The article reports that Hicklin Slade & Partners has been appointed by Honda Motor Co. Ltd. to handle dealership marketing business in Great Britain. The deal costs 1.5 million pounds.

Sorry, but this is BS cbrer. Its an official website from Honda UK smile.png

whois hondamc2013.com

admin-c-organization: Hicklin Slade & Partners Ltd

admin-c-city: London

Hicklin Slade & Partners Limited operates as an integrated digital marketing services agency.

http://connection.eb...da-dealers-work

The article reports that Hicklin Slade & Partners has been appointed by Honda Motor Co. Ltd. to handle dealership marketing business in Great Britain. The deal costs 1.5 million pounds.

so it is good news guys, no need for piss fight here.

If the website is originated from UK - London, than we might see 53 crank hp version.

c'min man, we are almostbiggrin.png there

^^ Sure, I'll go with your info. smile.png

I put it through webcheckers and it came up under registered to some French guy and based in France.

I'm always happy to be proven wrong when the info is better that way. biggrin.png

Edited by cbrer

^ That'll be alright as a mini-tourer alright.

50 odd HP, same fuel efficiency as the CBR250 (allegedly), and probably under 200k baht with a box on the back. :)

Also probably sleek enough for comfortable city riding.

Edited by cbrer

I noticed the new 500 is expected for Thai release in January next year. Anyone want to open bidding on my beautifully cared for pair of bikes - a 2011 CBR250 (grey/silver, 12,***km) and a 1989 CB1-400 (with green book)?

I'll now lie awake until January trying to decide between the F and the X. I do love my 2 current bikes, but the 500 is the new lust of my life - move over, old girlfriends. BTW, a few people mention "cheap" and "low quality" for the new 500 being built in Thailand. I must say that the Thai built CBR 250 is one of the best assembled and most reliable little bikes I have ever encountered. The 250 doesn't have gorgeous Japanese chrome and high spec metals/alloys like the CB400, but it is definitely NOT low quality. Maintain these new Honda bikes regularly (fluids, fluids fluids - esp frequent oil changes with good oil like Castrol racing) and they should have as long a life as the old classic Hondas.