greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why being negative man?

And your dealer experience is worthless in this case as you got your bike from an oridary honda one not bigwing and i m sure they will start booking before the delivery.

No need for empty talk cbrer.

Instead of talking empty just do something and post, contribute here. At least i try and post my experience here, right?biggrin.png

And what you are you doing? Talking empty on it man! C'mon.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

No negativity there.

"As soon as there's news of them being delivered, be at the door before they open with the cash amount and all your docs."

Good luck with it all.

Before that go visit them again, insist on speaking to the manager, not some sales guy, and get official info on what sort of system they will have in place with reference to booking one, if they have any.

Sales guys with slips of paper with your name on it. I personally wouldn't leave it at that if I was desperate for one.

Edited by cbrer

Even if your name is down (mine was 4th on the list to get a 2012 Ninja650 in Bangkok) you'll be surprise at how many units get sold before you get yours.

Even though i was 4th and i saw on the computer screen that they had 4 green and 7 black Ninja650's on route to Real Motorsport in December 2012, i had to wait until the second delivery.......... The manager kindly phoned me to tell me that i had be moved up the waiting list to #3......... 4+7+3 = 14 in my book mate!!

Sure it's better to get your name down now and yes do so with the manager but be prepared to expect a few Hi-So Thais to jump the que.....

Just goes to show how starved we are of decent bikes here when people are prepared to bend over to get hold of machines many wouldn`t look at twice back in Blighty.

You can say that again.

I wouldn't look twice at my Ninja650 back home, but here in Thailand and for the money i currently have it's the only bike that makes sense.

Couple more years and i'll be selling it and using the money as a down payment on something that would put a smile on my face even back home :)

One thing's for sure there's defiantly a rapidly growing interest in big bikes here

Just goes to show how starved we are of decent bikes here when people are prepared to bend over to get hold of machines many wouldn`t look at twice back in Blighty.

Hahahs. Exactly man. Never consider a cbr500 back home.

In Thailand we are all desperate.

By the way, i will check kawa stand for z800 - who knows - before heading to honda one

Just in case:D

• Like 1

By the way, i will check kawa stand for z800 - who knows - before heading to honda one

Now that's something I would consider back home, if I was in the market for a naked bike :)

See what you can wheedle out of the Kawasaki guy with regard to price. Tell him 100000 below the Duc Monster would see a steady queue at the showroom.

You can say that again.

I wouldn't look twice at my Ninja650 back home, but here in Thailand and for the money i currently have it's the only bike that makes sense.

Couple more years and i'll be selling it and using the money as a down payment on something that would put a smile on my face even back home smile.png

One thing's for sure there's defiantly a rapidly growing interest in big bikes here

I`ve been viewing the bargain priced UK market MV Agusta 675 Brutale on YouTube. Just listening to the sound coming from those 3 pipes will cure anyone suffering from erectile dysfunction.
  • Like 1

See what you can wheedle out of the Kawasaki guy with regard to price. Tell him 100000 below the Duc Monster would see a steady queue at the showroom.

If it comes in at the same price as the monster it will sell good. It will probably run circles around it and be cheaper to maintain. I expect 400k which would be the cheapest inline 4 middle weight by a lot here.

If it comes in at the same price as the monster it will sell good. It will probably run circles around it and be cheaper to maintain. I expect 400k which would be the cheapest inline 4 middle weight by a lot here.

The savvy shopper doesn't want the seller to know they're willing to pay more :)

How long was the list?

Or did he just write your name on a post-it note? :-)

why are you asking my friend?

to contribute here or just sh.t around?

No, i write my name on his forehead:)

I am only asking because I want to get one too.

How long was the list?

you can go there and try man and see what is going on there? Why not?smile.png

Edited by loserlazer

How long was the list?

you can go there and try man and see what is going on there? Why not?smile.png

I have never bought anything without knowing the price.

I will wait for the motor expo next weekend.

by the way guys, just a comparison between cbr500 and kawaz800 while we are still there. I m calculating things, hard to decide when you combine all the factors in my life!

1- Power: Cbr500: 47 hp - we are not sure if it is on crank or wheel yet - - Kawa z800 110 hp (if we get e version, it is 95 hp)( power more that double on kawa z800)

2- Weight: cbr500 192 kg - Kawa z800 omg a <deleted>.cking 229 kg! nearly 40 kg difference.!!!

3- Dimensions: cbr500 compact kawa z800 large and wide.

4- Price: honda cbr500: 190 k thb around kawa z800 not less than 380 k thb (price more that double man on kawa z800)

5- Cool factor: for sure kawa z800 is cooler but red Honda looks cool too!

6- Redline: 110 hp at 10200 rpm , 83nm torque on 8000 rpm, (both wil offer more low and mid torque then high end. but kawa z800 sure will offer power everywhere man!)

7- Shocks: cbr500 pogo sticks up fornt - kawa z800 upside down shocks up front. Better handling on kawa z800 for sure but lighter cbr500 might offer a lighter comfy ride and easy to change lanes for fast transitions ect.

8- Traffic: cbr500 sure beats kawa z800 on teh paper regarding dimensions, weight and power.

9- Longevity and toughness: Used many hondas before, they are destructible. And a honda cbr500 is good to hit the metro construction areas and nowadays getting larger potholes. a kawa z800 might get hurt easily on where i am livingbiggrin.png

10 -Service and maintenance: heard good things about kawa service - except long waiting times nowadays - but Honda bigwing looks good and mostly positive feedback regarding them but honda is new on this means they might need tome and xp like kawa. for mainteenace, i am sure Honda parts will be dirt cheap again if we compare with kawa.

11- Fuel efficiency: a honda cbr500 is giving the same figure s of fuel consumption on the paper with cbr250 man!!! That is great so you start to save up right away and i am sure a kawa z800 fuel consumption is more that double that cbr500

So, when i try to decide between a cbr500 and z 800 in Thailand, i came to a conclusion like i go for cbr500 as it suits my needs better than a kawa z800 for now as i do not want to carry 40 kg more in Bangkok traffic and double the consumption of fuel. I can die for a kawa z800 back home man!!! or if i am living in Isaan.

Yes, it is twice powerful then a cbr500 but it is twice the price as well!

Anyway, i will decide it at the motorshow between these bikes.(yeah, if we can see kawa z800 as rumored) after touching and sitting on themsmile.png

For me the main factor is when can i get my bike man? Waiting list of Kawa is famous so if they release it even 6 months later, i will still go for cbr500 as i am bored on waiting on a cbr250 guys! then maybe sell cbr500 and go for z800!!!, wow thousands of foxes are running in my head!!! Enough.

Edited by loserlazer

From what I've seen of both I'd go for the Z800 any day of the week even if the Z was 1?0,000 more expensive.

i wouldnt worry my guess is you will be lucky if its <200,000 more.

Why? It is being made in Thailand so no import taxes and if you compare the price of the Z800 to the Versys in Europe then, if priced similarly here, the Z800 will be circa 340,000 baht.

UK price of z 800 is 368.000 thb and er6f is 319.000 thb - over 40.000 thb over the price here - so z 800 might be less than 350.000 thb if dreams come true!!!

I was actually looking at z750 prices in au. I guess if its somewhere between the UK and Au price it should still come in around 400. I hope i am wrong but i see no reason why kawasaki would come in at the 350 mark as they have no competition in thailand at 400k

Do you know what I hate when people say I'm in Bangkok and use it as a reason why they can't have a certain bike,I don't buy any of this if this was the case everyone would stick to scooters as no doubt they are the easiest things to get around on.

I started on scooters in London traffic and then moved up to 600cc real bikes rode everyday through London traffic no problem at all.

• Like 1

Do you know what I hate when people say I'm in Bangkok and use it as a reason why they can't have a certain bike,I don't buy any of this if this was the case everyone would stick to scooters as no doubt they are the easiest things to get around on.

I started on scooters in London traffic and then moved up to 600cc real bikes rode everyday through London traffic no problem at all.

Dont hate me taninthai.:D It s easy talk from the jungle.

Why did you specifically get a crf but not a cbr600 then man? Think about it. It s the same situation. It suits your needs better right?

I was also using a cbr600 back home in traffic.

But not where i m living it s a pity for a cbr600 to run it overpotholes in a road full of metro construction for 3 more years and hurt the bike in daily commute!

If i need to use a inline 4 600 cc like a cbr250 in traffic and cant use it like hell on potholes what i understand from a cbr600?

It s not me man.

Edited by loserlazer

^

don't hate anyone wasn't haven a go just stating that I dont buy the can't ride certain bikes in the city

For me I have no road where I live the only way out of my place is going 1 km up the beach and then 30 meters through jungle you wouldn't even get a 250 cbr to my house let alone a cbr 600 so really an off road bike is the only thing for me ,I don't have any other choice .

Now Bangkok you have many choice and can ride any bike through the city.

^

don't hate anyone wasn't haven a go just stating that I dont buy the can't ride certain bikes in the city

For me I have no road where I live the only way out of my place is going 1 km up the beach and then 30 meters through jungle you wouldn't even get a 250 cbr to my house let alone a cbr 600 so really an off road bike is the only thing for me ,I don't have any other choice .

Now Bangkok you have many choice and can ride any bike through the city.

Exactly. This s what i was talking about.

You bought a crf bc it suits your environment and needs and it s perfect choice for where you are living. I do the same if i live there.

You cant drive through Bangkok with every bike taninthai. I m not sure if you experience bangkok traffic before to judge enough on what i m saying here.Why torture myself and my daily fun/commute:D

8 speedbreakers like minor hills! in my soi is enough for me alone to buy a cbr500 instead of a cbr600:D

Edited by loserlazer

No mr laser I bought a crf cause I can't ride anything else to my house I don't have a choice,you are saying a cbr 500 is good for bangkok but a cbr 600 or kawa 800 is no good I just don't buy any of that ,without question the easiest bike for Bangkok is a scooter so why not just buy a scooter .

Anyway not worth getting into a big debate about it as it will go way of topic just my opinion nothing personal.

Man it can be fun to ride a racing bike off road if you want it to:D.Check the video.

Hahahhss.

Yeah man. I respect your opinions no worries.

Still buying a bike is just a matter of many factors.

And nothing we can do but respect each other on our choices.

I just express my ideas. We all free to ride whatever we want god bless.