Thai Women Workiing In Malaysia

a2396

I have a friend who has been offered and has accepted a job in Malaysia to work as a massuse. The story she told me is that her Mother paid 15,000 bht to a"recruiting agent" to arrange for a proper visa, etc. The whole thing sounds pretty fishy to me and I warned her what may be in store for her. As far as I know, most of the foreign women employed in Malaysia in this type of business, which is usually a front for prostitution, are illegal and often held as virtual slaves. Anyone have any more accurate knowledge about this topic??

Sounds very dodgy to me. Chances are she won't come back for a couple of years and won't have any money. Try to get her to change her mind. She'd be better off [language edit (cv)] in Pattaya - at least it's nearer home and she might get a few baht.

As far as I know, most of the foreign women employed in Malaysia in this type of business, which is usually a front for prostitution, are illegal and often held as virtual slaves.

There are quite a lot of Thai women in Singapore and Malaysia who have fallen into this trap, and cannot get out of it.

It smells very dodgy to me.

Tell her to get out of it whilst she still has a chance.

Have your friend and her mother read, if possible,

ONCE I WAS A PRINCESS by Jacqueline Gillespie.

After hearing this horror story I can’t imagine anyone, much less a female non-Muslim masseuse would ever consider even visiting the country.

If she goes, please have someone go and monitor her situation on an on-going basis.

I have a friend who has been offered and has accepted a job in Malaysia to work as a massuse. The story she told me is that her Mother paid 15,000 bht to a"recruiting agent" to arrange for a proper visa, etc. The whole thing sounds pretty fishy to me and I warned her what may be in store for her. As far as I know, most of the foreign women employed in Malaysia in this type of business, which is usually a front for prostitution, are illegal and often held as virtual slaves. Anyone have any more accurate knowledge about this topic??

Let me guess she has been promised a job in the restaunrant business...

Translate this one for her and her mother...

Humantrafficking.org

Thai Trafficked Girls and Women Saved in Malaysia1

Officials from the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (MSDHS) and foreign ministries have rescued 20 Thai girls and women forced into prostitution in Malaysia.....read more by clicking the link above.

And this one...see bottom of their webpage.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/794.php

Her life.

Non of your business.

Move on.

As far as I know, most of the foreign women employed in Malaysia in this type of business, which is usually a front for prostitution, are illegal and often held as virtual slaves.

There are quite a lot of Thai women in Singapore and Malaysia who have fallen into this trap, and cannot get out of it.

Her life.

Non of your business.

Move on.

You are just looking for a fight aren’t you...pathetic.

Her life.

Non of your business.

Move on.

You are just looking for a fight aren’t you...pathetic.

Thai's have been using agents for yonks to gain employment outside of Thailand whether it be working for LG in Korea,Nike subcontractors in Taiwan,Chefs in Europe etc etc. This girl has taken an opportunity to work and earn more money away from home than she would earn here in Thailand.

Many ppl on the forum I suspect have left their homeland whilst young to explore and to really see if the grass is green on the otherside.

If the OP is really concerned,then he may SUGGEST to his friend that she register with the Malaysian Embassy here and also when she arrives in KL.

Just my opinion.

Good on you for trying to save your friend. That's what friends are for. If anything else you are less than a friend, so, good for you. :o