Journey Time From Rassada Pier To Phuket Airport

wellred

Hi all,

Just trying to plan ahead here but in going to be arriving into Phuket from Koh Phi Phi by ferry and from the company I looked at it docks at Rassada Pier. From there how long does it take to get to airport? I haven't booked the flight yet but I want to allow myself ample time to reach there ect...

Also how much taxi fare am I looking at? 800?

Thanks

30 minutes on average. Taxi's outside the airport here do not have meters so you have to haggle with them. They may try to scam you for 800B or more. You should be able to get it for 500B. Alternatively you can get a taxi or tuk tuk to the the inter-provincial bus station for about 150B (or take a motorcycle taxi if you don't have a lot of luggage 60-80B) then get the airport bus for 85B. This will take more than an hour though, maybe two depending on when the airport bus is leaving.

30 minutes on average. Taxi's outside the airport here do not have meters so you have to haggle with them. They may try to scam you for 800B or more. You should be able to get it for 500B. Alternatively you can get a taxi or tuk tuk to the the inter-provincial bus station for about 150B (or take a motorcycle taxi if you don't have a lot of luggage 60-80B) then get the airport bus for 85B. This will take more than an hour though, maybe two depending on when the airport bus is leaving.

30 minutes from Rassada to airport? No chance, plus roads are starting to get busy that time as well.

I would schedule 1 hour, you may end up there in 45 minutes.

Edited by stevenl

Yeah, 45 is probably more accurate. I must be thinking about the time I went from Chalong Circle to the checkpoint in about 25 minutes at 6am on the Ninja. smile.png

Hmmm ... when you said 30 minutes I was thinking that you thought we all had Ninjas. 45 minutes is a better estimate and I would allow 60 minutes for the unexpected.