Australian Visa Getting Easier?

post-115651-0-40169600-1347443058_thumb.My girl posted in all her relevant paperwork and applied for a 3 month tourist visa 5 working days ago, today she received her passport back via mail inside much to her delight stapled to her passport was a paper stating, Visa approved, 12 month, multi entry maximum stay at one time 3 months, no normal visa stuck inside just a paper attached stating the following...

"There is no visa label in your passport. The airline will confirm your visa record electronically when you check-in for your flight. Your visa allows you to make":

Nice one Aussie embassy!!!clap2.gif

I will add she never stood foot inside the embassy as it was all done via snail mail

oops, sorry I should add, she is a Thai national, and the Australian Embassy also advised that she need not by a return ticket to board her first outbound flight from bangkok...NICE work guys!!

Edited by supaprik
  • Like 1

good news indeed..congrats....can you tell us criteria ie married, tourist,student or whatever for the application...assuming you are an Aussie...what did YOU need to provide??....love to take the wife for a vacation in FN Qld...with as little hassle as possible....

rgds

d

Hi David, not married she just applied by herself for a tourist visa, now what I am about to say is direct to you and not some of the smartarses that troll about in here....

She is what I would term as a "good girl" i.e. never worked or even been in a bar,( and I am not saying your girl has ) she has 2 degrees and an MBA, worked in the same Company for 10 years plus etc etc etc and NO she is NOT half Chinese hahahaha, she just got a letter from her employer stating she was due leave and that she worked there, she submitted stuff like, bank statements, mortgage and car payment stuff etc etc.

I am not sure why they gave her a multi 12 month but I know for sure the reasons Thai women do get visas for Australia.

1. they must prove a stable work history

2. be of good character..

3. most importantly I believe.. they must show WHY they would not overstay in Australia, meaning the proof is on them to provide documentary evidence that they do need to return to Thailand..

Now of course this is just our/her experience, I'm sure that other woman could get a visa with the assistance of their Aussie bloke but I am 100% sure the primary thing the Aussie Gov is looking for is that the applicant should have a documentable reason to GO HOME..

Edited by supaprik
  • Like 2

good news indeed..congrats....can you tell us criteria ie married, tourist,student or whatever for the application...assuming you are an Aussie...what did YOU need to provide??....love to take the wife for a vacation in FN Qld...with as little hassle as possible....

rgds

d

Far North Qld sounds like a good plan... :)

It was the bank statements that did it, and no not being funny. About a year ago applied for a 3 month visa for TGF. Supplied photo's of us together etc etc and copies of a couple of my high end bank accounts (50k USD+). Surprised when visa was issued at 12 months instead of 3 requested.

Guess if you read the info and give them that plus extra info it worksbiggrin.png They are only bureaucrats after all.

Cheers

Seems all Aussie visas are now for multiple entry one year and comes in a separate paper. Knowing the code number at the bottom of this paper is enough. This has been done to reduce fake visas. Recently applied for a single entry business visa and got a 1 year multiple.

It was the bank statements that did it, and no not being funny. About a year ago applied for a 3 month visa for TGF. Supplied photo's of us together etc etc and copies of a couple of my high end bank accounts (50k USD+). Surprised when visa was issued at 12 months instead of 3 requested.

Guess if you read the info and give them that plus extra info it worksbiggrin.png They are only bureaucrats after all.

Cheers

Yes Litlos, I can remember reading somewhere on here about exactly that, perhaps you posted about your situation back then, money in the bank counts for sure but I still reckon their primary concern is over stay, you are quite correct about reading their info for sure but I disagree with giving them extra info for the reason that they are in fact bureaucrats and too much information sometimes confuses them pretty much the same in Thailand. anyway great you got your girl there and hope you had a wonderful time!!

Seems all Aussie visas are now for multiple entry one year and comes in a separate paper. Knowing the code number at the bottom of this paper is enough. This has been done to reduce fake visas. Recently applied for a single entry business visa and got a 1 year multiple.

Hi Saakura, yeah it seems that way, not having done this for a few years it still came as a complete shock but a rather pleasant one I might add, saves the expense and hassle of other visas next year so all good, I guess the 2 major reasons I even bothered about posting this were.

1. To give hope to those that were thinking about getting their ladies visas

2. And a thank you for the Australian Government doing something in a reasonable time at a reasonable cost..

Cheers

rgds

d

Sorry David I have just reread this post and I didn't answer your questions fully, with regard to what I needed to provide, the answer ZERO

My wife was given a three month single entry on August 9, so not 'all'.

rgds

d

Sorry David I have just reread this post and I didn't answer your questions fully, with regard to what I needed to provide, the answer ZERO

No worries..thanks for that...seems similar to Canadian visa situation about "reason to go back to Thailand"...we even sent photos of house ,farm etc....similarly ....asked for 1 month got 3 month "extendable upon request"......oh and the wife left school at 14....lol

Yes James I was wondering if the 12 mth visa was now "the norm" and by your post it seems it is not, I would really like to know what the Embassy is thinking though, as if people have plans to return to Oz more than once a year as I do the multi certainly makes life a hell of a lot easier.

Anyway I hope the visa they granted your lady was sufficient to do what you needed to do and hope she enjoyed/enjoys her stay

rgds

d

No worries..thanks for that...seems similar to Canadian visa situation about "reason to go back to Thailand"...we even sent photos of house ,farm etc....similarly ....asked for 1 month got 3 month "extendable upon request"......oh and the wife left school at 14....lol

Sometimes I wish my girl finished school at 14 also hahahahhaha cheers mate

Nice one Op.

My GF has just put in her paperwork for a one year multi and we hope to hear back by early next week.

TV members Secretariat and david48, among others, were both incredibly helpful in sharing their experience and giving me tips on what to put in the application.

• Like 1

Nice one Op.

My GF has just put in her paperwork for a one year multi and we hope to hear back by early next week.

TV members Secretariat and david48, among others, were both incredibly helpful in sharing their experience and giving me tips on what to put in the application.

Cheers Bookdude!!! I hope you get the outcome you are both looking for.....see ya in the surf!!!

• Like 1

Yes James I was wondering if the 12 mth visa was now "the norm" and by your post it seems it is not, I would really like to know what the Embassy is thinking though, as if people have plans to return to Oz more than once a year as I do the multi certainly makes life a hell of a lot easier.

Anyway I hope the visa they granted your lady was sufficient to do what you needed to do and hope she enjoyed/enjoys her stay

Yes, I really don't think anyone knows what the embassy is thinking in regards to whether they grant a single entry or a multi entry, indeed whether they grant the visa at all, or, if they do, whether they impose an 8503 condition or not. In our situation, proving a compelling reason for her return to Thailand was the most difficult part, and I wasn't even sure that the reason we gave would be enough; ironically it was enough for the embassy, but not for us.

While the visa was sufficient for what we needed at the time, as reported here (http://www.thaivisa....00#entry5659094), she didn't have the 8503 condition imposed - and this prompted a major life decision to be made. A month later, and we're both happy with the decision we made, sure it was the right one for our circumstances.

Edited by jamesbrock

Should have explained myself a bit better previously. My take on what they required was proof of relationship and financial ability to support.

So whilst I copied in a couple of bank account details the main extra was lots of photo's. Basically I put about 4 photo's per page for 3 sheets with dates and locations annotated, your basic holiday and family snaps. I did this in Excel at 4 pictures per page plus details of dates and location and then printed.

Worked for me and is the same cost for a 3 month as a 1 year. So it seems that the previously hard to get visa conditions for Australia may have been relaxed a bit, or that particular person moved on? So why not go for the 1 year if you have your paperwork in order?

Cheers

My GF just got her 2nd 12 month multi for Oz. First time took about 5 days as per the OP's experience (and I was also surprised she got a 12 month multiple), this time we submitted late Thursday morning and had the email saying that the passport was on the way back on Monday. She came twice on the first visa for a total of about 4 1/2 months. Being a Kiwi and saying you want to visit NZ while she is here might help getting a multiple too...

• Like 1

Yes, good work Aussie Embassy! I also get multiple entry 12 month for my partner last year and this year again. I guess it has something to do with a stable relationship with the same Thai person and the record of this person travelling to Oz before and returning back to Thailand with no problems.

• Like 1

Yes, I really don't think anyone knows what the embassy is thinking in regards to whether they grant a single entry or a multi entry, indeed whether they grant the visa at all, or, if they do, whether they impose an 8503 condition or not. In our situation, proving a compelling reason for her return to Thailand was the most difficult part, and I wasn't even sure that the reason we gave would be enough; ironically it was enough for the embassy, but not for us.

While the visa was sufficient for what we needed at the time, as reported here (http://www.thaivisa....00#entry5659094), she didn't have the 8503 condition imposed - and this prompted a major life decision to be made. A month later, and we're both happy with the decision we made, sure it was the right one for our circumstances.

How have we swapped plans????

• Like 1

my wife went for a 6 month visa 2 weeks ago she has been there before for 3 months.

they called her after 9 days to ask her to get a chest xray for 6 months or they can give us a 3 month visa now with no xray....so i said we will get the xray.....1500 baht at BNH hospital....so another trip to bangkok...wish they had given her a 12 month multi.

its been 4 days and still waiting for them to send paper work to go to BNH hospital....

I am an Australian married to a Thai girl. We live in Thailand. The first time we went to Aus they put us through the 3rd degree, family photos, the lot. We received a 3 month visa that time.

Next time we applied for a 3 month visa & received a 12 month multi-entry. Each other time she has received a 12 month multi-entry visa with no trouble. This goed back 4 years.

I think that after the first time & having done the right thing, you will automatically get the 12 month visa. Trouble is it's a lot easier to do a border hop from Thailand than from Aus!!!

Good one OP.

I was surprised my wife received a one year/multi entry/three months stay per visit. Only applied to go for three weeks.

Her first visit to Oz, many visits to UK.

Leave on 1 October.

Hope you both enjoy the land of OZ!!

I am an Australian married to a Thai girl. We live in Thailand. The first time we went to Aus they put us through the 3rd degree, family photos, the lot. We received a 3 month visa that time.

Next time we applied for a 3 month visa & received a 12 month multi-entry. Each other time she has received a 12 month multi-entry visa with no trouble. This goed back 4 years.

I think that after the first time & having done the right thing, you will automatically get the 12 month visa. Trouble is it's a lot easier to do a border hop from Thailand than from Aus!!!

Veyr true and perhaps this may explain things aslo, but I have heard of some Thai ladies only getting a 3 mth visa and they have travelled before, all I can say with my situation it was a surprise ( in the a good way ) and now will have a think about whether I will go the extra yards and apply for the temp/permanent visa during on of our trips

my wife went for a 6 month visa 2 weeks ago she has been there before for 3 months.

they called her after 9 days to ask her to get a chest xray for 6 months or they can give us a 3 month visa now with no xray....so i said we will get the xray.....1500 baht at BNH hospital....so another trip to bangkok...wish they had given her a 12 month multi.

its been 4 days and still waiting for them to send paper work to go to BNH hospital....

This is the kind of post that confuses me, not by what you say as I 100% trust in what you are saying but how the Aussie Gov seems to have different rules for different people, chest xrays for a freaking holiday? <deleted>? I hope all goes well for you both though..Cheers

yes medicals for 6 months and over nothing to confusing

I would argue the EXACT opposite, seeing as NO ONE else has posted that requirement and 100% certain we were not asked to do anything except fil in a form, mail it and they returned her passport with a 12 mth multi.... kinda makes what you say sound like [snip]...unless many others are also CONFUSED,....

I'd hop onto this Oz Visa bandwagon, if I was an Ausssie. I checked @ Cdn Embassy in BKK. They probably wouldn't issue a Visa to my Thai GF ... due the "Have cause to return to Thailand". GF is a "farm lady", not bar lady. She wasn't working for many years. She had travelled to Sweden several times in a previous relationship. No problems for about a 4k ThB Agency Fee. She even worked in Sweden for several months. However, the Cdn Govt very hard nosed about a 35 year old Thai women consorting c/w a 65 year old Cdn. I met several Cdn Oil Field Guys on various Thai Golf Courses who were much closer in age to their Thai GF/Wife. They related horror stories with the Cdn Embassy.

Huge numbers of legal/illegal Immigrants into Canada, grossly abuse the the Cdn Immigration Syste. The current Conservative Govt has had enough of this abuse. Canada allows millions of near illiterate immigrants into Canada, then wonders why these Immigrants abuse an over burdened welfare system. To an illiterate Hindu/Paki/African getting into Canada is like stumbling onto a Gold Mine. Food, Shelter, Money, Schooling ... all is doled out by a huge Welfare Machine.

Eventually the backlash caught up with the Immigration Dept. Now it is quite difficult for even legally married people to get a Permanent Landed Visa into Canada. I know a 30 year old Canuck c/w a 26 year old Thai Wife. It took them 5 years of hassling around. His wife has an MA in English and teaches English on a contract @ several Thai Universities. They got Tourist Visas for her relatively easily, but the Cdn Embassy really was tough on a Permanent Visa for his Thai Wife.

A few days ago, I was in a Thai Restaurant in Kelowna, BC, Canada. The owners are from Phuket and their Sister-in-Law cook from Khon Kaen. They all said it is extremely difficult to get tourist visas for their direct relatives to get Tourist Visas for Canada. Previously it was very easy.

Canada now is (supposedly) not a push over for would be Visa Applicants. I've heard similar stories for USA, EUR and UK.

Edited by cdnski12