Us Ambassador Chris Stevens Killed In Libya

webfact

In a perfect world this Arab spring would have produced democracy.But it was co-opted by radicals.

Things sometimes play out exactly as expected. Not to be confused with exactly as reported or portrayed.

It is not unheard of for one country or group to create instability in another through various combat,financial or political means.

Later to be reshaped in the configuration deemed useful by those who started the destabilization.

If through a miscalculation things do not go as planned more destabilization will occur until

the country fits the desired mould of control.

After all when you say "co-opted by radicals" you have to ask yourself, when do radical rebels have time

during a rebellion to set up a central bank as they did in Libya?

No small feat even in a normal, stable,peaceful country. Yet they did it at that point in time in Libya?

They must have been very organized,directed with very powerful handlers.

What other explanation can be offered?

, I agree. Now I would like to ask you who these powerful handlers were that directed and organized this.

Edited by morrobay

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One link here about the film maker... Nakoula Basseley Nakoula...scroll

down the page to get to it...decent read IMO.

I can only wonder if SEAL Team 6 has been sent after his ass yet.

http://www.cfnews13....itter#filmmaker

According to some posts on this thread it is perfectly acceptable to post content on the web that will deemed as offensive in the full knowledge of the consequences to regional security - Freedom of Speech is immutable and no responsibility for your actions is required. This attitude was confirmed by Steve Klein, one of the sponsors of the film who is ex US military - perhaps he would like to discuss this with US personnel who are now obliged to put their lives on the line protecting US assets in the region.

Simple do you keep the list of these people we can't make fun of? Or is it someone else? I agree with you of course. Actually I want to keep the list. I want to add my auntie Mame. She said a lot of really cool stuff. You can google her. So since you seem to know how do I go about adding her to the list?

• Like 1

if ST 6 was sent 'after his ass', I can only hope it was to protect it.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I'm wondering if a case can be made for noting a difference between material that could be considered offense that is broadcast and largely unavoidable (Tweets, SMS, etc) and potentially offensive material that has to be physically accessed by the viewer (YouTube, Email, etc). Censoring or deleting potentially offensive material that requires effort by the reader to access seems to be ridiculous. Didn't India have a problem recently with some broadcast threats that caused large number of people to flee?

In a separate thought, suppose someone did an animation movie that had nothing to do with Islam and Muhammad and then (mis)labeled it as something suggesting it was anti-Muslim and then stated that it had an image of Muhammad somewhere in it and then distributed it. I wonder if it, too, could cause riots by Muslims believing that one element or another of the animation was indeed anti-Muslim. How pathological are these Muslims I can't help but wonder.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 2

Well, after multiple pages spent on free speech and crappy movies, we finally get some REAL news...

Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

Senior officials are increasingly convinced, however, that the ferocious nature of the Benghazi attack, in which rocket-propelled grenades were used, indicated it was not the result of spontaneous anger due to the video, called Innocence of Muslims. Patrick Kennedy, Under-Secretary at the State Department, said he was convinced the assault was planned due to its extensive nature and the proliferation of weapons.

There is growing belief that the attack was in revenge for the killing in a drone strike in Pakistan of Mohammed Hassan Qaed, an al-Qa'ida operative who was, as his nom-de-guerre Abu Yahya al-Libi suggests, from Libya, and timed for the anniversary of the 11 September attacks.

According to some posts on this thread it is perfectly acceptable to post content on the web that will deemed as offensive in the full knowledge of the consequences to regional security - Freedom of Speech is immutable and no responsibility for your actions is required. This attitude was confirmed by Steve Klein, one of the sponsors of the film who is ex US military - perhaps he would like to discuss this with US personnel who are now obliged to put their lives on the line protecting US assets in the region.

Simple do you keep the list of these people we can't make fun of? Or is it someone else? I agree with you of course. Actually I want to keep the list. I want to add my auntie Mame. She said a lot of really cool stuff. You can google her. So since you seem to know how do I go about adding her to the list?

Don't understand your post, as another simple person said "please explain"

Well, after multiple pages spent on free speech and crappy movies, we finally get some REAL news...

Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

Senior officials are increasingly convinced, however, that the ferocious nature of the Benghazi attack, in which rocket-propelled grenades were used, indicated it was not the result of spontaneous anger due to the video, called Innocence of Muslims. Patrick Kennedy, Under-Secretary at the State Department, said he was convinced the assault was planned due to its extensive nature and the proliferation of weapons.

There is growing belief that the attack was in revenge for the killing in a drone strike in Pakistan of Mohammed Hassan Qaed, an al-Qa'ida operative who was, as his nom-de-guerre Abu Yahya al-Libi suggests, from Libya, and timed for the anniversary of the 11 September attacks.

Thanks for the update.

There is a 'growing belief that the attack was in revenge ...'? How about a known fact that we are in a war with Islamic terrorists and have been for some time? They could pop up anywhere, anytime - even on aircraft, believe it or not - and are willing to cause mayhem and death to Muslims and infidels alike. These types are usually called psychopaths, but there is this 'political-correctness' thing.

I'd leave the belief-growing to the Muslims. Would additional drugs assist in this?
Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

Sam Bacile Muhammad Movie FULL HD - Innocence of Muslims

should be ban and remove from u-tube.

Another solution might be to flood Islamic countries with offensive material on a daily basis. Eventually, after many deaths, the offensiveness won't be as powerful. Just like back in 1939 Clark Gable caused a scandal by cursing in a movie! What did he say? "Frankly my dear, I don't give a dam_n". ohmy.png Muslims are still in that Gone With the Wind stage, we need to get them up to the Jay & Silent Bob stage then they won't get so freaked out and kill people.

• Like 2

Another solution might be to flood Islamic countries with offensive material on a daily basis. Eventually, after many deaths, the offensiveness won't be as powerful. Just like back in 1939 Clark Gable caused a scandal by cursing in a movie! What did he say? "Frankly my dear, I don't give a dam_n". ohmy.png Muslims are still in that Gone With the Wind stage, we need to get them up to the Jay & Silent Bob stage then they won't get so freaked out and kill people.

If you drop your iPhone and it stop working.

Maybe you should keep dropping it until it works again.

• Like 1

Some nasty, off-topic, baiting posts and replies have been deleted.

This topic is about the death of the US Ambassador. It is not about your personal feelings about other posters.

Respond to the post and not the poster.

Stay on the topic and the issues related to the topic.

If you drop your iPhone and it stop working.

Maybe you should keep dropping it until it works again.

Not sure how that analogy works. How about this...you buy an iPhone for the first time but it is uncomfortable because it is bigger than your old phone and now you have to tap on the dam_n thing all the time. But you keep using it and after a while you become accustomed to it and don't even notice the things you first thought were inconvenient.

@chiangmaikelly: You already know the answer

:

I think you are saying that the Ambassador was killed because some people made a movie about a religion. I think you are saying if we want to stop the killing of Ambassadors we should stop making movies about that religion? Correct?

You're just baiting. However, I personally do not subscribe to the view that the consulate staff in Benghazi were attacked as a result of the movie, but preplanned by an extremist group. Your other point has been already been covered by numerous posts in this thread.

Personal arguments and baiting posts and replies have been deleted.

To paraphrase a saying, when you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

When you have nothing more to add to a topic, stop posting. Continued arguing will get adverse action.

So... didn't bother to read through the thread so sorry of this news have been broken here already

http://www.google.co...93264adfc90104e

APNewsBreak: US identifies anti-Muslim filmmaker

By EILEEN SULLIVAN, Associated Press – 6 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal authorities have identified a Coptic Christian in southern California who is on probation after his conviction for financial crimes as the key figure behind the anti-Muslim film that ignited mob violence against U.S. embassies across the Mideast, a U.S. law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Bacile initially told AP he was Jewish and Israeli, although Israeli officials said they had no records of such a citizen. Others involved in the film said his statements were contrived, as evidence mounted that the film's key player was a Coptic Christian with a checkered past.
Edited by Jayman

So... didn't bother to read through the thread so sorry of this news have been broken here already

WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal authorities have identified a Coptic Christian in southern California who is on probation after his conviction for financial crimes as the key figure behind the anti-Muslim film that ignited mob violence against U.S. embassies across the Mideast, a U.S. law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Bacile initially told AP he was Jewish and Israeli, although Israeli officials said they had no records of such a citizen. Others involved in the film said his statements were contrived, as evidence mounted that the film's key player was a Coptic Christian with a checkered past.

He has a long record, has served time in a federal prison and his name is Nakoula Basseley Nakoula. I wonder what country he was born in.

Edited by Ulysses G.

He has a long record, has served time in a federal prison and his name is Nakoula Basseley Nakoula. I wonder what country he was born in.

Egypt

Also looks like he violated his parole making and posting the film.

Nakoula, who talked guardedly with AP about his role, pleaded no contest in 2010 to federal bank fraud charges in California and was ordered to pay more than $790,000 in restitution. He was also sentenced to 21 months in federal prison and was ordered not to use computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer.

Also looks like he violated his parole making and posting the film.

Nakoula, who talked guardedly with AP about his role, pleaded no contest in 2010 to federal bank fraud charges in California and was ordered to pay more than $790,000 in restitution. He was also sentenced to 21 months in federal prison and was ordered not to use computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer.

I find that extraordinary. How can a court enforce and order that? I bet in Europe that would go right to the top of the Human Rights Court . Well I guess his goose is cooked. he may well get away with the movie because of the 1st Ammendment, but for breaking his parole conditions he could go down for a very long time!

I fail to see how his rights were violated. He was on probation. He violated the conditions of employment. If he was making a movie, he needed to get the permission of his probation officer.

The condition sounds reasonable and if he did not agree with them, he could have served his time instead.

• Like 1

I fail to see how his rights were violated. He was on probation. He violated the conditions of employment. If he was making a movie, he needed to get the permission of his probation officer.

The condition sounds reasonable and if he did not agree with them, he could have served his time instead.

True!

I was merely asking how a court could enforce the action in the first place that's all. He is done for, and fair play.

This is funny. It seems that forum boards must still be living in "Gone with the wind" stage as well

• Like 1

And now this report of UK and German embassies being assaulted in Sudan. Non implicated parties.

The German Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan was on fire Friday after protests against the online anti-Islam video, a journalist on the scene, Isma'il Kamal Kushkush, said. No embassy personnel were believed to be inside.The UK Foreign Office also says protesters were demonstrating Friday outside its embassy, next to the German Embassy, in Khartoum.

Intrigued about two things; 1. Use of the term "American Israeli". I presume you mean Americans who happen to be of Jewish descent. Correct? 2. You claim "American-Israeli" ownership of US media companies. Most are publicly quoted companies, so could you give me a breakdown of their shareholders to support your claim? BTW to save you some time & effort the Murdochs are many things but I don't believe being Jewish is one of them!

No need to be intrigued. The term American Israeli is not a denominator I have made up from thin air, it is a common term and reference will be seen to it all over the internet. It is a term that some members on TV use to describe themselves. It is not difficult really. As for your next item, number 2 that's a little silly isn't it. I could say one of the biggest computer companies in the world is owned by Bill Gates. I think you would fully understand the meaning. Would you require names and addresses of half a billion shareholders as evidence to support the claim. My very simple statement (before it was turned out of all proportion ) stands. The majority of the worlds media giants are owned by Israeli or American Israeli people. If you are unable to grasp or google that for your self then when I have time over coffee I will make a list..OK!

running Hollywood is hardly the same as controlling the world's media.

The idea is that you read the full articles or content of links, not make a judgement on the limited amount of text we are permitted to quote on this forum. rolleyes.gif

Nice try but wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_American

US Census 2000 lists 106,000 Americans of Israeli descent and the most prominent is Natalie Portman the actress. No mention of "owners" of US media companies.

Either you have little understanding of the concept of shareholder ownbership of public companies or are on some Protocols of the Elders of Zion agenda.

Quoting Bill Gates as a company owner is unfortunate considering he owns less than 9% of the available equity of Microsoft.

Please name me a single US media company of any material size that is owned (that's 50% of shares plus 1, or via ownership of a special class of shares with enhanced voting rights) by one of these 106,000 Americans of Israeli descent or even by an American who also happens to be Jewish.

And if they did, why is that of any interest or relevance...?