Chalerm Queries 'men In Black' Claim

webfact

The PTP and red shirts again attempting to rewrite history.

Typical Tactics, when things are not going in their favour,just deny the existence of everything,so there is nothing to answer for,didn't we all learned this in the Playground ?

Seems Chalerm has a memory problem,only a few days ago he was claiming the Men in Black were Policemen.

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

OK. So there were no "men in black". They were armed red shirts shooting at the army.

Sent from my HTC phone.

There WERE 'men in black' as I see them clearly on the Thai news at the time of the troubles getting out of a van (commando style) slinking away and then you could see and hear several shots being fired in the direction of where the army were stationed, with said terrorists hiding in the shadows and then disappearing away from the scene a little while after!!!

They were 'fake' Men-In-Black wink.png

The soldiers were 'red shirts' dressed in uniformrolleyes.gif.

I truly despair for the future of this country!

Don't. I'm having colleagues contact me venting their frustrations with recent events. Even more surprising given I'm no longer in the country.

My own opinion is that there's a a large uprising in the post, and no number of shadowy militant types, sponsored shirt wearers or heavily funded PR machines will be able to prevent its outcome.

Would you trust Chalerm or any of his thug sons to drive your kids to a park and back home again? I wouldn't.

If Thailand ever films a version of the 'Wizard of Oz' Chalerm would be ideally suited for the part of the man behind the curtain, at the end of the story, who yells at the kids, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" (the man who was pulling and pushing levers, to create awe at the sight of the giant head with strobe lights and purple-colored CO2 smoke wafting around). Hmm, I wonder who would play the part of the giant head?

Edited by maidu

That would be the DSI that was appointed by PT when they got into power, not the original DSI who were removed. Thus IMHO the DSI are not politically neutral.

I would concluded there is no solution to what happened in 2010 and Thailand should try and put it behind them and move on. I would add the the whole thing was contrived by Taksin and he should learn to retire from Thai politics and realise he will never be PM again.

I thought it was the same DSI with Tarit Pengdith as its Director General - the same guy who was in charge under the previous government and a member of the CRES.

• Like 1

I have watched this saga since it's inception and I have yet to find anyone who has offered up an alternative solutiion to what was happening in Bangkok over that period. What should ANY government have done to retrieve the situation, a situation which brought shame to Thailand, decimated the tourist industry for a while and showed many Thais in their real light? The Thai poice were shown to be inept at crowd control and the debacle was handed over to the Army, a conscript army with a few professionals.

A large area of the capital city was taken hostage, not for a day, not for a weekend, but for a disgracefully long period. Civilians and soldiers were being injured in goodly numbers, a hospital was invaded and terrified patients had to be moved. The Government at that time accepted the demands for early elections which, for some reason, did not appease the protest leaders. There is no doubt that the protesters were being stage managed by senior politicians. The same politicians who are rabble rousing now. The inevitable ending had to happen sometime

So, was it inevitable that the whole scenario would end in tears? I think it was guaranteed that the conclusion would be violent and costly.

But back to my original question. What would TV members have done if they were the ones on power to bring all this to an end. I don't think I have ever seen an answer to this.

Maybe because "shoulda', woulda', coulda'" always boils down to ... we/you/they didn't !

Edited by Dap

I have watched this saga since it's inception and I have yet to find anyone who has offered up an alternative solutiion to what was happening in Bangkok over that period. What should ANY government have done to retrieve the situation, a situation which brought shame to Thailand, decimated the tourist industry for a while and showed many Thais in their real light? The Thai poice were shown to be inept at crowd control and the debacle was handed over to the Army, a conscript army with a few professionals.

A large area of the capital city was taken hostage, not for a day, not for a weekend, but for a disgracefully long period. Civilians and soldiers were being injured in goodly numbers, a hospital was invaded and terrified patients had to be moved. The Government at that time accepted the demands for early elections which, for some reason, did not appease the protest leaders. There is no doubt that the protesters were being stage managed by senior politicians. The same politicians who are rabble rousing now. The inevitable ending had to happen sometime

So, was it inevitable that the whole scenario would end in tears? I think it was guaranteed that the conclusion would be violent and costly.

But back to my original question. What would TV members have done if they were the ones on power to bring all this to an end. I don't think I have ever seen an answer to this.

Maybe because "shoulda', woulda', coulda'" always boils down to ... we/you/they didn't !

Maybe not

Typical Tactics, when things are not going in their favour,just deny the existence of everything,so there is nothing to answer for,didn't we all learned this in the Playground ?

Seems Chalerm has a memory problem,only a few days ago he was claiming the Men in Black were Policemen.

Early-onset Budweiser's.

This is easily explained if you have seen the movie. They had this funny little gun that erases all memory - and it's obviously been working overtime.

You mean that they have a Neutraliser?.... a device that when pointed at a subject reveals their thoughts and not their words, but then only displays and records their words.

Edited by Thaddeus

I truly despair for the future of this country!

Don't. I'm having colleagues contact me venting their frustrations with recent events. Even more surprising given I'm no longer in the country.

My own opinion is that there's a a large uprising in the post, and no number of shadowy militant types, sponsored shirt wearers or heavily funded PR machines will be able to prevent its outcome.

My own opinion is that there's a a large uprising in the post

By whom? I'd say there was more chance of a cheque in the post.........................

• Like 1

It seems to me that there is a lot of disinformation here. It is probably true that 91 Red shirts and officials would likely not have died during the demonstration if the Thai Army had not been deployed. Therefor one concludes that the real issue is who gave the order to deploy the Army and why. After all the security and management of demonstrations is a police issue, is it not?

It seems to me that there is a lot of disinformation here. It is probably true that 91 Red shirts and officials would likely not have died during the demonstration if the Thai Army had not been deployed. Therefor one concludes that the real issue is who gave the order to deploy the Army and why. After all the security and management of demonstrations is a police issue, is it not?

Army was deployed because the Police conveniently vanished from the areas once the Red shirts arrived. Hence a city center, occupied by Reds, without law and order.

All part of the plan to make the army come in and clean this "created" mess. Propaganda 101, the bad Thai army kills its own innocent people without valid reason.

That is Thaksin’s way of revenge over the coup. He had to trow some of his own followers into the game but, but it seemed he thought it was necessary.

Edited by Nickymaster

Army was deployed because the Police conveniently vanished from the areas once the Red shirts arrived. Hence a city center, occupied by Reds, without law and order.

All part of the plan to make the army come in and clean this "created" mess. Propaganda 101, the bad Thai army kills its own innocent people without valid reason.

That is Thaksin’s way of revenge over the coup. He had to trow some of his own followers into the game but, but it seemed he thought it was necessary.

You might even be correct, in which case the stupidity of AV and the army for being duped into murdering their own citizens is even more mind blowing.

That is Thaksin’s way of revenge over the coup. He had to throw some of his own followers into the game, but it seemed he thought it was necessary.

You might even be correct, in which case the stupidity of AV and the army for being duped into murdering their own citizens is even more mind blowing.

So you prefer total anarchy and/or giving in to demands of a violent bunch of protestors.

How about this point of view:

The red leaders could have told their followers to GO HOME instead of FIGHT ON when an election within 6 months was promised.

So I have to put the blame on the Red leaders for leading their followers into a death trap. Talking about stupid.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

It's probably been asked and answered elsewhere, so apologies if going over old ground, but I would ask, who are the police responsible to? If they cut and run, or didn't do too much to maintain the law and order, shouldn't the relevant minister at that time directed the police boss to get the police out on the streets?

It's probably been asked and answered elsewhere, so apologies if going over old ground, but I would ask, who are the police responsible to? If they cut and run, or didn't do too much to maintain the law and order, shouldn't the relevant minister at that time directed the police boss to get the police out on the streets?

In Thailand police are responsible to the one with the deepest pockets.

Not under a SOE seemingly. The protest, call it demonstration, progressed from peaceful to chaotic, to blocking streets and disturbing the livelihood of the people in Bangkok gradually into a violent showdown. Daily grenade attacks, hospital invasions, attacks on security personnel, fights and sheer intimidation resulted in a city on the brink of civil war. And than the army stepped in..

I am absolutely no fan of the RTA, they have breached to many human rights issues in the past, but in case of the red siege, they had no other choice than to step in. Any other army in whatever country in the world would have done so earlier. and a couple days after the SOE was called for, they were proven right (April 10th).

It was not the army's interference that led to casualties, it was the armed groups of reds (or blacks) that provoked the soldiers into battle and hided among 'normal' protesters. What amazes me is that the entire red movement has never taken nor shown any responsibility for their actions. No self reflection what so ever, only accusing others like a broken record.

• Like 2

It would not have happend if not Thaksin gave order to the Red Shirt leaders to bring people to Bangkok.
  • Like 1