Lerthlah School Bangkok

bkmbkk

I am about to move my 8 year old daughter from Phuket to Bangkok.

I have not looked into this myself, but her mother has given me this only option - Lerthlah school.

I have seen their web site.

Have you any experience with this school, good or bad ?

Thank you

Im guessing that you will be in the samut sakhon/ekachai road area??

The only thing that I know about this school is that its meant to be a tri lingual school. I think the owners should teach the office staff a bit of English because when I phoned them to enquire about the school for my daughter I couldnt get a coherent sentence out of any of them! After 3 times of trying to call them with absolutely no success I gave up. There is also a school called Denla around that area and another one called sunflower tri lingual school. p m me if you need more info.

From my personally experince with this school, I just can tell you: stay away from this zoo!

My both kids stay at Lartlah Navamin (the one mention about) about 2.5 years now.

The foreign teachers quit very often, due they disagree with the way of teaching the management force them to teach. The foreign teachers are getting just short term contracts with very low salaries compare to other schools. Therefore they are all so unhappy and frustrated as they told me. They will show you also nice brochures i.e. about healthy food they serve to the kids, but in fact the food has a 3rd world quality, rice with maggi souce or even noodles with fish or pork balls. Finally you pay quite a lot for a below average standard in each point. There are some others schools near by, like Pattana you should check out. By the way, most of their Thai teacher are not skilled either and even not qualified for this job as we employ one former teacher of our son like a nanny for just 13T Baht/ month. I think you can imagine what this means! Overall Lertlah is a typical example of Thai showbusiness.

BW

Thanks for input.

Sounds like there is bettert school s around.

Daughters mother talked about this school as a very good one where even the King family sent their children ??

I have heard the story about unhappy Thai/forign teachers before - It is also a subject in Phuket.

I just saw Pttanas web site.

Healthy fees and 3 terms a year.

In my daughters case is 180.680,00 Bath x 3.

Around 600 K Baht a year.

Can you give us an idea of where you will be living?

This sounds strange - but I have no idea where my daughter will live.

Her mother has suddenly moved to Bkk and our daughter wish to follow her - (now she lives in my house in Phuket with her nanny).

I am not in Th now and work long periods overseas, so this whole thing with moving school has suddenly become another thing to tackle.

I have been told Lerthlah school is not far from the new place my daughter wil be based - but I guess that is a poor reply.

Lertlah has 3 or 4 campuses spread out over bangkok area. The one I called was Petchkasem. If you knew the area she will be moving to and posted it you would probably get some better/more alternatives.

Hope this helps

Thank you. Any suggestion is very welcome.

Just spoke with her mother.

Daughter is going to live opposite the Mall in Bankae !

I do not know Bkk very well myself, but this should explain the place I believe.

Lerthlah school on Kanchanaphisek Road is app 15 min drive away I am told.

Lertlah has 3 or 4 campuses spread out over bangkok area. The one I called was Petchkasem. If you knew the area she will be moving to and posted it you would probably get some better/more alternatives.

Hope this helps

Thank you. Any suggestion is very welcome.

Just spoke with her mother.

Daughter is going to live opposite the Mall in Bankae !

I do not know Bkk very well myself, but this should explain the place I believe.

Lerthlah school on Kanchanaphisek Road is app 15 min drive away I am told.

Thats not far away from me. If she is in that area there are more choices. Really dont want to be rude/imprudent but it is you daughter and you are footing the bill shouldnt you decide on the school? Really not trying to be flippant but my daughter is 3 and 1/2 years old and I want her to go to a good school, not one that has a famous person associated with it.

I would like the best for a resonable price.

The interrnational schools that charge 50-60 K pr month are a bit steep.

I may put her in one of those a bit later if it turns out to be the only thing to do.

I have heard about Sunflower - but their web site is only in Thai - which I do not read.

What other choice do I have in that area ?

Thanks for any info

I may put her in one of those a bit later if it turns out to be the only thing to do.

I have heard about Sunflower - but their web site is only in Thai - which I do not read.

Thanks for any info

around here? lertlah, denla school, sarasass, or sunflower. Sunflower and sarasass comes in at around 120k per year

Thanks for any info

Try chrome googles browser with auto translation , only works on text not banners,

But good none the less

Lert lah on navamin looks nice and big like to know any reports on this one , but around 100K + PA

I will be looking for schools with boarding around this area very soon

But not inter too expensive with 3 kids

There must be half decent schools with boarding at a decent price ?

Inter is about 150K teach and 150K board

Looking around 150K for both

• 6 months later...

Just to update the school situation. I managed to get my kids in to assumption college sri racha.

Por 1 & por 4 each costing 63K per term X2 terms = about 150 K each per anum includes schooling and boarding.

They can come home weekends or not.

English is part if the curriculum but next year will be 60K PA each for intensive English.

The school is well known in Thailand and lots of kids go on to uni abroad.

Any questions please ask

im not a teacher so hopefully someone may post a few more options for you to consier

Whistleblower, if you PM me I will give you perhaps the only decent, first hand, honest appraisal of Lertlah that you are likely to find on this board. None of this "I heard from a friend of a friend that..." or "I read this on ajarn.com...." lol

• 2 months later...

'I'm not sure if anyone is still checking this topic but as a teacher at Lertlah I will give my opinion.
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD THERE!

I am a hard working teacher from abroad (Canada to be more specific), and I can tell you that the Lertlah school is attrocious.
It's disorganized, and run by an alcohollic Canadian who manages to make all the woman in his school feel uncomfortable.
He's known for harrassing and bullying his staff, as well as mixing with extremely young prostitutes in his spare time.
The kids are not the first concern at Lertlah, I have come to learn that almost everything here is for show!
It's all about the money and everything is a photo opportunity so that the parents believe through seeing these photos that their children are having a great time.
The schools are understaffed and have no proper method of inclusion or support for special needs.
The campus I'm at barely enforces lesson plans from the foreign teachers, as it seems foreing teachers can get away with whatever they want.
some come in hungover, some are preocupied with their life back home, and some are just down right mean to everyone.
The vibe given from the foreing teachers, and more so in the staff room is one of a high school where "the cool kids" are sitting around judging everyone.
When we're all in the staff room the teachers often gossip about both students, other teachers, and parents.
The foreign teachers do not know what they're doing, myself included, and no one seems to want to help explain how we can better assist these kids.
The Thai teachers are wonderful but yes very underpaid and underqualified. Most do not speak any english and so it is extremely difficult to get answers from any of them. Us foreign teachers make much much more money than the Thai teachers and as far as I'm concerned we are less deserving as we don't work half as hard.
I've worked at two fantastic schools in Canada previous to this experience and can't get over how poorly this school is run...the sad part being that it is mostly due to us foreing teachers and one Canadian idiot administrator.
Teachers do leave constantly. Some teachers leave within a few months because they simply cannot ethically work in a system like this or for a man like Gary. Every other teacher leaves within a year (two at the most).
This is because we are all offered 1 year abroad to teach and travel then we leave and more teachers come in. While it seems like a great opportunity for us it is causing alot of damage to the way these kids at Lertlah learn. They have to get used to brand new teachers with completely new methods every single year if not more often than that.
I honestly can't wait to leave this school. I love Thailand and the people but not the infamous Lertlah.

• Like 1