U S Wants The Film "innocence Of Muslims" To Be Removed From Google

george

Should Google remove the film?  

438 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats next...

Stop showing Hells Kitchen because it may offend vegetarians?

I'm a vegetarian and oddly enough I enjoy watching Man vs Food 5555

As for the film I tried looking for it on you tube and found some parody type sketch kind of like something you would see at the MTV movie awards as a spoof of another film. Is that it?

So that poor American diplomat died because some people can't help but get excited over a movie? I say there should be a nationwide screening. In fact all the western nations should grant a day off so everyone can watch it.

This has gone too far now, what's next? Give us sharia law or we will riot?

FYI Tommy Robinson EDL tweeted this earlier.

@EDLTrobinson: It gives me great pleasure to announce that we will be screening the film innocence of muslims on october 27th in walthamstow

Now I don't like the EDL 1 bit but it will be interesting to see if he backs down.

• Like 1

So whats next...

As for the film I tried looking for it on you tube and found some parody type sketch kind of like something you would see at the MTV movie awards as a spoof of another film. Is that it?

So that poor American diplomat died because some people can't help but get excited over a movie? I say there should be a nationwide screening. In fact all the western nations should grant a day off so everyone can watch it.

You tried looking for it? Did you look here at the OP. If only the ones doing the rioting were as smart as you then no one would have even heard about it,

So whats next...

When will you and others finally understand the US staff in Libya were murdered in a preplanned terrorist attack & not because of a movie. Since the attack it has been condemned by Libyan government representatives on numerous occasions.

EDIT: As the US Embassy was assisting the new government, it's entirely plausible to say it was also an attack by the extremists to destabilise the new government.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

This film has been considered by those rioting around the world as Blasphemous.

Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for a religious deity or the irreverence towards religious or holy persons or things.

Islam is considered by muslims as the religion of peace and tolerance and these teachings of Mohammad are to be respected and strictly adhered to.

These riots are showing very little tolerance and peace with the killing of the embassy staff. So my question is would it not be considered Blasphemy in itself by acting in such a way in contempt of the prophet's teachings?

• Like 1

When will you and others finally understand the US staff in Libya were murdered in a preplanned terrorist attack & not because of a movie. Since the attack it has been condemned by Libyan government representatives on numerous occasions.

Libyan officials believe the attack was a planned assault that used a protest over the film clip mocking the Prophet Mohammed as a diversion.

Libyan officials believe the attack was a planned assault that used a protest over the film clip mocking the Prophet Mohammed as a diversion.

I agree the film is just an excuse or diversion.

But I am not convinced as to which side is using it as such.

• Like 2

Here is a story about the Gallipoli campaign:

"The attack commenced early in the night of May 18th," he wrote. "At the time, D Coy was in support and I and some others were put in the front line to reinforce those who were there. I was put into a bay occupied by two others who I did not know and as far as guts was concerned I could not have wished for better mates, for during the night and early morning, the Turks came at us in never ending waves and there was never a dull moment.

"Before the shooting started we could hear the Turks reciting from the Koran in which the word 'Allah' was most prominent and our blokes were up on the parapet yelling 'Come on you bastards, we'll give you Allah!'

"We had orders to hold our fire until the enemy got close, and come close they did. We were blazing away for dear life and one of our three got a bullet through the fleshy part of his neck and we had a job to persuade him to evacuate and leave his rifle and ammo with us.

"Just nearing dawn the Turks got right up to our trench and at one stage I was trying to get a clip of ammo into the magazine of my rifle when a Turk was lunging down at me with his bayonet.

"I was warding him off trying to reload when my mate shot him just as he was lunging down. He fell into the trench on top of me, wounded, but not dead, for when I got clear and stood on his body to continue shooting I felt him clutching at my legs, but when the attack subsided later on we found that he had 'died of wounds'.

"After daylight, the attack ended and we could see on our front many bodies of dead and wounded. Both of us had badly burnt hands from our red hot rifles and we were relieved by fresh troops.

It has been reported that some of the Turkish soldiers,unable to understand English, formed the erroneous belief that " bastards" was the name of the Australian god !

It just shows how differences in such things as culture and language can result in misunderstanding

That's my understanding, so the film itself was not the justification for the attack

I agree the film is just an excuse or diversion.

But I am not convinced as to which side is using it as such.

Perhaps these two articles will shed some light on which side is using the film to possibly cover up their ineptness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More details emerge on U.S. ambassador's last moments

By Arwa Damon, CNN

September 16, 2012 -- Updated 1421 GMT (2221 HKT)

Local official says he warned U.S. diplomats about security in the area "The situation is frightening, it scares us," the official says

He says it was not the first time he warned foreigners about the worsening security

Benghazi, Libya (CNN) -- Three days before the deadly assault on the United States consulate in Libya, a local security official says he met with American diplomats in the city and warned them about deteriorating security. Jamal Mabrouk, a member of the February 17th Brigade, told CNN that he and a battalion commander had a meeting about the economy and security.

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and..

Ambassador Susan Rice: Libya Attack Not Premeditated

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi last week was not premeditated, directly contradicting top Libyan officials who say the attack was planned in advance.

“Our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo,” Rice told me this morning on “This Week.”

“In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated,” Rice said, referring to protests in Egypt Tuesday over a film that depicts the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud. Protesters in Cairo breached the walls of the U.S. Embassy, tearing apart an American flag.

http://abcnews.go.co...t-premeditated/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The question is, if the State Department was in fact briefed, is Ambassador Rice covering it up by blaming it on the video to deflect attention from their inaction on the security briefing?

Interesting as US UN Ambassador is contradicting the Administration. Also reports that a member of the Embassy staff in the days before the attack observed a Libyan policeman photographing the Benghazi Consulate building & had expressed concern regarding a possible attack. In addition some US security officials are concerned that Libyan security apparatus has been compromised in the same manner as in Afghanistan

• Like 1

That's what Libyan officials say. It's a way for them to lose less face than if the alternative were true: their citizens are so thin-skinned and fanatic that they would kill an innocent 4 people over a film they haven't seen. The US gov't's official position is they don't know whether to believe Libyan authorities. Plus; since when have Libyan authorities been bastions for truthful statements?

BTW, Palestine was a country and the Palestinian were a people. Perhaps not as established or recognized as some other countries/people, but they issued postage stamps and currency at one time. All properties go through name and territory transitions over time. Would you say the USSR was never a country? No, I don't think you would, yet Palestine (and Tibet, Yugoslavia, Rhodesia, Hawaii, and several others) have as much claim to having been countries as the USSR.

Three CNN links here which may shed some light or ignite more questions

on this horrific event in Benghazi....

http://news.blogs.cn...ssador-stevens/

http://edition.cnn.c...cene/index.html

http://news.blogs.cn...ered-questions/

It's gone quiet on any intelligence gained from the Libyans arrested to date, for obvious reasons. We know that the Administration and security officials sometimes feed the media misinformation to put their intended target/s at ease - let's see how events unfold in identifying the group behind the killings in the coming days/weeks

• Like 1

Just opened this,sent to me from a friend in America, cant comment on either the source or the veracity.

http://visiontoameri...e-was-murdered/

I just checked that link and it seems kinda "fishy" to me.

Then I Googled "U.S. Ambassador Was Raped Before

He Was Murdered" and up came a plethora of shady

websites save for one...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler

/2012/sep/13/picket-report-murdered-us-ambassador

-libya-reporte/

Which since I know many people who work for AFP,

says that AFP didn't originate the story but that a

website named Tayar.org originated said rape story

and falsly claimed AFP was the source.

Here's the link to tayar.org story...in Arabic...

http://www.tayyar.org/Tayyar/News/PoliticalNews

/ar-LB/usa-killed-lybia-zek-970.htm

This leads me to presume that since Hezbollah is

now pissed off at the USA cause of the idiotic video

and they're in Lebanon...where tayar.org is from...

this could simply be a very nasty way of pointing

the shit end of the stick at the USA to provoke

US military action, possibly in Libya or elsewhere

in the MidEast.

Here's a US State Department press briefing link...

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/09/197694.htm

Personaly...I think the Ambassador Stevens being raped

story is bullshit and to just add more fuel to the fire.

• Like 1

Just opened this,sent to me from a friend in America, cant comment on either the source or the veracity.

http://visiontoameri...e-was-murdered/

I just checked that link and it seems kinda "fishy" to me.

Then I Googled "U.S. Ambassador Was Raped Before

He Was Murdered" and up came a plethora of shady

websites save for one...

http://www.washingto...log/watercooler

/2012/sep/13/picket-report-murdered-us-ambassador

-libya-reporte/

Which since I know many people who work for AFP,

says that AFP didn't originate the story but that a

website named Tayar.org originated said rape story

and falsly claimed AFP was the source.

Here's the link to tayar.org story...in Arabic...

http://www.tayyar.or...s/PoliticalNews

/ar-LB/usa-killed-lybia-zek-970.htm

This leads me to presume that since Hezbollah is

now pissed off at the USA cause of the idiotic video

and they're in Lebanon...where tayar.org is from...

this could simply be a very nasty way of pointing

the shit end of the stick at the USA to provoke

US military action, possibly in Libya or elsewhere

in the MidEast.

Here's a US State Department press briefing link...

http://www.state.gov...2/09/197694.htm

I'm not convinced it is bullshit but if it's true then it's utterly disgraceful. Notably the story that Gadafi was sexually assaulted was believed to be factual.
  • Like 2

BTW, Palestine was a country and the Palestinian were a people. Perhaps not as established or recognized as some other countries/people, but they issued postage stamps and currency at one time.

Incorrect. Palestine was only a geographical area with no local government during the rule of the Ottoman Empire. In 1917, Palestine was designated as a ‘national homeland for the Jews’ according to the Balfour Declaration. Under the British mandate that followed, the Palestinian pound was issued with Arabic and English scripts reading ‘Palestine’, but with an additional Hebrew script reading ‘land of Israel.’ This is when the stamps and currency that you are refering to were issued. Palestine was never an Arab country, but there were always Muslims, Christians and Jews living there.

As far as Ambassador Stevens being raped goes, that has been a rumor since the murder took place, but I can find no trustworthy sources that confirm it. It could be true, but it could also be just another internet story .

Edited by Ulysses G.

Interesting as US UN Ambassador is contradicting the Administration. Also reports that a member of the Embassy staff in the days before the attack observed a Libyan policeman photographing the Benghazi Consulate building & had expressed concern regarding a possible attack. In addition some US security officials are concerned that Libyan security apparatus has been compromised in the same manner as in Afghanistan

It seems that rioters know to attack embassies in the capital cities unless they have some prior information that the ambassador happens to be at the consulate then they attack there. Why weren't there protesters in Tripoli at the embassy? And wasn't the Ambassador and others killed at a safe house?

I'm not convinced it is bullshit but if it's true then it's utterly disgraceful. Notably the story that Gadafi was sexually assaulted was believed to be factual.

There was video showing what happened to Gadafi. I searched YouTube in Arabic for videos of them taking the ambassador away (carrying? dragging?) but all they have so far are the same familiar photos.

[EDIT - spoke too soon... http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/09/16/BREAKING-Video-Purports-To-Show-Ambassador-In-Libya ]

Edited by koheesti

BTW, Palestine was a country and the Palestinian were a people. Perhaps not as established or recognized as some other countries/people, but they issued postage stamps and currency at one time.

Incorrect. Palestine was only a geographical area with no local government during the rule of the Ottoman Empire. In 1917, Palestine was designated as a ‘national homeland for the Jews’ according to the Balfour Declaration. Under the British mandate that followed, the Palestinian pound was issued with Arabic and English scripts reading ‘Palestine’, but with an additional Hebrew script reading ‘land of Israel.’ This is when the stamps and currency that you are refering to were issued. Palestine was never an Arab country, but there were always Muslims, Christians and Jews living there.

As far as Ambassador Stevens being raped goes, that has been a rumor since the murder took place, but I can find no trustworthy sources that confirm it. It could be true, but it could also be just another internet story .

Just for clarity, a good number of Palestinians are themselves Christians.

It seems that rioters know to attack embassies in the capital cities unless they have some prior information that the ambassador happens to be at the consulate then they attack there. Why weren't there protesters in Tripoli at the embassy? And wasn't the Ambassador and others killed at a safe house?

That's my understanding that he died of suffocation (smoke inhalation?) at the safe house. Let's see when the Administration release the autopsy results

• Like 1

This 13 minute movie is rubbish. Any rational American might wish that the film had been produced elsewhere. If this film is considered to be a testament to the American ideal of free speech then what are we to think of laws approved by congress that now grant police the right of arrest and prosecution of citizens that speak their minds in demonstrations on the streets of the homeland?

Here's an excellent article about the Egyptian protests from the Egyptian perspective. Interesting to read what they think they are protesting. Too many good bits to cherry pick for here so I'll just post the link...

A day at the protests at the American Embassy in Cairo

http://www.egyptinde...n-embassy-cairo

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1

Thanks for that. Interesting indeed.

Not everyone, however, is as willing to blame the Americans. Rushing to board up the windows to the wig store where he works, and which stands at the corner of the wall separating protestors from the embassy and security forces surrounding it, an employee wishing to be identified only as "Ibramovich," said, “this is the Egyptian character, this is typical. We were in the right at the beginning of this whole mess, and we had the support of the international community, but we pissed that away by choosing to act like the savages we are.” http://www.egyptinde...n-embassy-cairo

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

That may be partially true but the reason is because of what incited the leaders which is the vid. Unreasonable to do so or not it's the vid that is at the root and the cause of the problem.

One concept that seems to escape people is that the standard for fighting words is not the same for everyone and it's not the speaker who decides it's the listener , you could call one person say me a nigger and since I am white get away with it because it's not considered fighting words but to a black man it would be. People don't seem to understand that just because they don't think somethng is offensive or because it doesnt offend them that means that it shouldnt offend anyone else either and legally thats just not the case. People will eventually understand that intentionally offending even muslims is the same as intentionally offending anyone else and when done in a meaningless way is in fact illegal.

The arugment that their love for their god is unreasonable so they shouldn't be so offended won't pass muster at the Supreme Court I assure you. Insulting someones mother is considered fighting words , the argument that there god is false or whatever way people try and package it will not make meaningless instults any more legal , if insulting your mother is fighting words obviously your god also qualifys ....... Should it be that way ? I don't know, all I know is that no one is going to win a case using the 1st amendment as a defence for a meaningless insult against a muslim the way the laws are written today. The idea that ..... well they are just offended to easily , is not gona work in a court trust me.

All I can tell you is wait and see if you don't believe me and just read the part I posted about fighting words and the law.

How can it be legal for one group to insult another but the other not be able to insult them back in the same way ? Bacause the 2 groups have different beliefs and are insulted by different things at differing levels of anger , just because you can insult a christan by saying jesus isn't real doesn't mean you can do so to a muslim about their muhummad , because a christian doesnt get so angered it's considered injurious to say that , but to a muslim it is. Once again it's the listener that gets to decide not the talker. If in fact Christians got as angered that would be illegal as well but thats just not the case.

Why can a black man call me a honkey but me not call him a nigger back ? Because of the different levels of anger created by racist terms, it's considered injurious on it's face for him and hence illegal for me to say but to call me a honkey or some other white person slur would not be considered fighting words because it doesn't offend me in the same way.

I would point this out ...... it's illegal to insult a muslims mother just like your's or mine , do you really think any court will hold a muslims god in lesser status than their mother ?

Your argument is a straw man, because the 'speech' under discussion was not delivered to any specific person, so can not fall under the 'fighting words' construction. It expressed an idea about a historical figure that a group of people who do not subscribe to the same idea found offensive. Further, it is impossible to know the intent of the author; he may have just wanted to vent, or he MAY have wanted to sow discontent, but he clearly did not intend to harm a living person. The reaction of the relatively few who committed violence as a means of expressing their disagreement with this person can not be justified, period. Under your premise, my Aunt Sadie could justify mayhem upon hearing of the cooking of cauliflower, to which she prays bi-weekly...(she's a batty old bird)

I would like to see evidence for your notion that the listener determines what the standard is for 'fighting words'.

Your other assertions, regarding State and local laws, are meaningless as well, because the subject is the First Amendment, against which those State and local laws must be tested. That they are de facto laws does not validate them as constitutional. If they are litigated, and move through the court system, and the Supreme Court agrees to hear them, the outcome will be considered precedent.

For a scholarly discussion of the First Amendment and what is and is not protected speech, see http://www.bsos.umd....htingwords.html

That is, if you're interested in scholarly work, as opposed to pulling it out of the oft referred to orifice...

• Like 2

Here is a story about the Gallipoli campaign:

"The attack commenced early in the night of May 18th," he wrote. "At the time, D Coy was in support and I and some others were put in the front line to reinforce those who were there. I was put into a bay occupied by two others who I did not know and as far as guts was concerned I could not have wished for better mates, for during the night and early morning, the Turks came at us in never ending waves and there was never a dull moment.

"Before the shooting started we could hear the Turks reciting from the Koran in which the word 'Allah' was most prominent and our blokes were up on the parapet yelling 'Come on you bastards, we'll give you Allah!'

"We had orders to hold our fire until the enemy got close, and come close they did. We were blazing away for dear life and one of our three got a bullet through the fleshy part of his neck and we had a job to persuade him to evacuate and leave his rifle and ammo with us.

"Just nearing dawn the Turks got right up to our trench and at one stage I was trying to get a clip of ammo into the magazine of my rifle when a Turk was lunging down at me with his bayonet.

"I was warding him off trying to reload when my mate shot him just as he was lunging down. He fell into the trench on top of me, wounded, but not dead, for when I got clear and stood on his body to continue shooting I felt him clutching at my legs, but when the attack subsided later on we found that he had 'died of wounds'.

"After daylight, the attack ended and we could see on our front many bodies of dead and wounded. Both of us had badly burnt hands from our red hot rifles and we were relieved by fresh troops.

It has been reported that some of the Turkish soldiers,unable to understand English, formed the erroneous belief that " bastards" was the name of the Australian god !

It just shows how differences in such things as culture and language can result in misunderstanding

Interesting.

In Strine (the native language of Australia) the term 'bastards' is often used to denote a superior being.

Only it is usually prefaced with the word 'pommie'.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

OK, now things are getting surreal...

Former jihadis sue sheikh over bible burning

The Egyptian Seminar Center for Rights and Freedoms filed a lawsuit against preacher Sheikh Abu Islam Ahmed Abdallah for allegedly burning the Bible during demonstrations that erupted last week in front of the
over an anti-Islam film produced in the US.

Now, before someone thinks this is off-topic, it isn't. The Bible burning happened at the protests over that crappy video and shows that rioting is not always their answer to religious offenses. When someone does something against Islam, they riot and destroy things. But when the offense is against Christianity - they sue them in court? I'll take that as a good sign that there is still hope for them. I'm not a fan of lawyers suing people but it sure beats all the violence we are seeing this week.