Great Travel Tool - Airbnb

LawrenceChee

For those tired of generic hotels or maybe you just enjoy supporting a local business, the next time you travel before u book a hotel try Airbnb.com to see what is available in town

There are some fantastic apartments and houses there that rent short terms and some are beautifully designed and much better than a hotel in terms of locations and amenities provided in the apartment

Great for those like me without a home ...If u return back to Singapore, hong kongUSA UK Australia etc ....all major countries and cities covered

Keep traveling and have fun exploring

I was an Airbnb host for a year in San Diego, California. Trust me, it isn't just limited to homes and apartments. There are tree houses, castles, house boats, I rented a bed in a garden full of fire sculptures once, the choices are unlimited...

Airbnb, like VRBO, HomeAway, FlipKey, Wimdu, and others, allow you to find properties that offer a unique experience rather than a cookie-cutter hotel room. A good way to search for a property is to use a site like Hipmonk which compiles listings from multiple sites in one interface.

Couchsurfing is also a good option, especially if you like staying with and getting to know locals where you're visiting.

• Like 1

I just remembered A1 Vacations, Cyber Rentals, Great Rentals, Craigslist... There are a ton of sites like to find vacation rentals by owner.

And I should mention that Couchsurfing is completely different from the above in that you're sharing a space with your host and there's no charge. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1