Things To Mitigate Dissatisfaction In Thailand For Gf

Aurelllian

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go home to the US and rent until you can evict your tenants, maybe? ..... or try not to be so apparently obsessed with appearance (ref your comments to "hot" people.... models etc) and look more for a person's inner qualities?

Sorry, this may sound harsh, but your post makes you both sound self-obsessed and shallow, IMHO. coffee1.gif

It's not that easy: pay on three places at once...i cant afford it...we both dont like it here but if it saves me 3000 USD per month I will stay here until my tenet is evicted.

i am seeking real strategies to cope with this..not comments on my shallowness or whatever...the girl started crying today when we were in Emporium having a Cinabun.

I have asked her to volunteer but she has not done it.

I know how she feels. I have cried over a Cinabun once. They are just that good. And the bread is real, too.

Sounds like the girl is being a little over dramatic or has some serious issues. Sit her down and talk to her. Ask her what she really wants and ask yourself whether you can give her that or if she is providing you with what you want from a relationship.

I have a taker.!!!

An established poster has tentatively agreed to meet me at Koi for sushi and report back on the following: (1) Is my girl Victoria secrets model quality? the prettiest farang one will see for days at a time here. A true head turner. (2) Am I an Ivy League educated former diplomat? (3) Am I a 3% er.

I am sure someone will add is this guy (me) an idiot? Well, he can answer that too:)

Another dreamer, steak appetite and a hamburger budget.

With your monthly running and upkeep costs how many months do you think you will have before she upgrades?

Dunno man. But I will say one thing, flying around the world and staying in Hotels depletes a bank account darn quick. Traveling on someone else's dime is one thing but on your own is a whole different story...especially with no income coming in...i need to taper down expenses.

The visa run to Singapore..on points for that matter..cost me 1300 for two days.

my gf is not a gold digger;she just does not like it here. I have dated plenty of the aforementioned and she is not among them,

I have a taker.!!!

An established poster has tentatively agreed to meet me at Koi for sushi and report back on the following: (1) Is my girl Victoria secrets model quality? the prettiest farang one will see for days at a time here. A true head turner. (2) Am I an Ivy League educated former diplomat? (3) Am I a 3% er.

I am sure someone will add is this guy (me) an idiot? Well, he can answer that too:)

Why do you feel the need to prove yourself in cyberspace?

I've seen the previous call-outs and screams of 'troll', surely what other people think of you doesn't bother you that much?

Why I opted to buy a condo here? Thailand, for better or for worse, is the best location for a person like myself to be domiciled at--six hours or so from the middle east and central asia, 2nd world place with first world amenities, smiley non intrusive population, cheap tennis, relatively inexpensive to live the good life, and lack of bureaucratic obstacles. I tried living in Germany for a year and it was a logistical nightmare (I spent days standing in lines when i had only a ten day RRB). I have never had a visa or any problems living in Thailand. I come and go as I wish with no hassle.

So, to answer your question, bangkok works for me financially, logistically, and bureaucratically.

It's such a nice place for people in my situation.

I apologize to the OP for editing his post for the quote, but I think the message left is relevant.

You said earlier that you don't like Thailand either, but now it has all those good things and it is "such a nice place".

So, which one is it?

Anyone who cries just at the thought of flying to Thailand, as you say your hot gf does, is nuts (although I think this you have already accepted, none of my business).

Bangkok and the area you live in, Tong Lor if I remember correctly from a previous post, if not please correct me, is a very pleasant city/area. Not everybody will love or even like it, but "to cry" just at the thought to have to stay there for a while? rolleyes.gif

I still think that the best thing for your hot gf would be to meet the richer and hotter hi-so Thai-Chinese gfs of so many other TV members. From what I have been told, those exercise, sushi, sauna or whatever else meetings will get her back to you with a big smile on her face.

Alternatively but on a similar idea, get her to join one of the top fitness clubs around your area (Capitol is not too far and easy access). Plenty of wealthy hot foreign women there too. I doubt the sauna and showers have the same amount of memorable times as the hotter hi-so Thai-Chinese girls ones, but maybe worth a try whistling.gif

Go home to the US and rent until you can evict your tenants, maybe? ..... or try not to be so apparently obsessed with appearance (ref your comments to "hot" people.... models etc) and look more for a person's inner qualities?

Sorry, this may sound harsh, but your post makes you both sound self-obsessed and shallow, IMHO. coffee1.gif

It's not that easy: pay on three places at once...i cant afford it...we both dont like it here but if it saves me 3000 USD per month I will stay here until my tenet is evicted.

i am seeking real strategies to cope with this..not comments on my shallowness or whatever...the girl started crying today when we were in Emporium having a Cinabun.

I have asked her to volunteer but she has not done it.

I know how she feels. I have cried over a Cinabun once. They are just that good. And the bread is real, too.

First thing I do when getting in from kabul is head to the dubai mall and get two pecanbuns and a double cheese burger. I think about the cinabun for ten days prior to taking off...if was not on a diet and trying to cut weight I would run to emporium right now and grab one...mmm

I have a taker.!!!

No, I have no question to add... but am wondering where your insecurity comes from... all the time pointing out how perfect and above the rest of us you are... all the time pointing to your degrees, jobs, salary, big-boobs-girfriend... now even feel the need to prove it through the meeting you organized (assume you will take the tab...) ... could it be that your daddy is / was pretty successful and pretty authoritarian and not too happy with your achievements so far???

Just asking... coffee1.gif

Edited by Swiss1960

Sounds like the girl is being a little over dramatic or has some serious issues. Sit her down and talk to her. Ask her what she really wants and ask yourself whether you can give her that or if she is providing you with what you want from a relationship.

No, she is ok..a little dramatic as its her perio..but she is ok.. She really just does not like it here. Things are fine in Dubai and Vegas, but when we hit bangkok she changes into a different person. My other gf was the same way.

I have a taker.!!!

No, I have no question to add... but am wondering where your insecurity comes from... all the time pointing out how perfect and above the rest of us you are... all the time pointing to your degrees, jobs, salary, big-boobs-girfriend... now even feel the need to prove it through the meeting you organized (assume you will take the tab...) ... could it be that your daddy is / was pretty successful and pretty authoritarian and not too happy with your achievements so far???

Just asking... coffee1.gif

Me, perfect...lol..if there are 3 billion people in the world I am 3 billion and one on the list of perfect folk. I never mentioned my the size of my gf's bust in this thread...although I like my girls 5'9 and up with Ds and for some odd reason i always end up with women like this.

I am not a braggart. I really was trying to figure out how to make my girl's time here happier. i cant be the only one in this situation.

funny thing is, i am not really nice nor do I buy gifts or buy girls things. I take care of travel but its not like I am like here is my credit card knock yourself out. I am actually kinda cheap, as pointed out in this thread by another poster.

I never mentioned my the size of my gf's bust in this thread...

That's what you said: "I prefer 5’8 (and above) surgically enhanced females. ...(my GF) works as a FA for a GCC airline "

I am not a braggart.

That's what you said: "i am exactly who i say I am...of that one if ten thousand chance. The guy does have a smoking hot model gf, the guy is an ivy league graduate, the guy is a former diplomat (3161), and the guy is a one per center (or 3.4 percenter)."

I rest my case...

With your monthly running and upkeep costs how many months do you think you will have before she upgrades?

Dunno man. But I will say one thing, flying around the world and staying in Hotels depletes a bank account darn quick. Traveling on someone else's dime is one thing but on your own is a whole different story...especially with no income coming in...i need to taper down expenses.

The visa run to Singapore..on points for that matter..cost me 1300 for two days.

my gf is not a gold digger;she just does not like it here. I have dated plenty of the aforementioned and she is not among them,

Singapore Air asia 5000 baht ,cheap but ok hotel in Little India Opposite Mustafa Centre. Should be able to do that for not more than 15k baht, and I have no idea what currency you are talking about anyway although I suspect it must be bars of gold?

Thats the problem with Raffles or The Fullerton they aint cheap

Just so you know for when the money runs out....................along with the woman.

You have actually watched, "Real Housewives?"

They'd be better off renaming it "self obsessed moronic <deleted> of Orange County" but I do have to admit to once vomittingly having watched it whislt being strapped down to a bed eyes taped open as punishment. plsssss can u forgive me??laugh.png

Real Housewives is whack. Mobwives is a little better. My girls is not this bad.

"Real Housewives is whack. Mobwives is a little better. My girls is not this bad." You don't really expect us to believe that you went to college in the US do you?

I am not really sure whence your hostility comes, but his English is not as bad as you make out, nor would it appear strange to many the low side of 60. this topic has become a prime example of how Thai Visa is fast becoming an inter web nursing home.

Why I opted to buy a condo here? Thailand, for better or for worse, is the best location for a person like myself to be domiciled at--six hours or so from the middle east and central asia, 2nd world place with first world amenities, smiley non intrusive population, cheap tennis, relatively inexpensive to live the good life, and lack of bureaucratic obstacles. I tried living in Germany for a year and it was a logistical nightmare (I spent days standing in lines when i had only a ten day RRB). I have never had a visa or any problems living in Thailand. I come and go as I wish with no hassle.

So, to answer your question, bangkok works for me financially, logistically, and bureaucratically.

It's such a nice place for people in my situation.

I apologize to the OP for editing his post for the quote, but I think the message left is relevant.

You said earlier that you don't like Thailand either, but now it has all those good things and it is "such a nice place".

So, which one is it?

Anyone who cries just at the thought of flying to Thailand, as you say your hot gf does, is nuts (although I think this you have already accepted, none of my business).

Bangkok and the area you live in, Tong Lor if I remember correctly from a previous post, if not please correct me, is a very pleasant city/area. Not everybody will love or even like it, but "to cry" just at the thought to have to stay there for a while? rolleyes.gif

I still think that the best thing for your hot gf would be to meet the richer and hotter hi-so Thai-Chinese gfs of so many other TV members. From what I have been told, those exercise, sushi, sauna or whatever else meetings will get her back to you with a big smile on her face.

Alternatively but on a similar idea, get her to join one of the top fitness clubs around your area (Capitol is not too far and easy access). Plenty of wealthy hot foreign women there too. I doubt the sauna and showers have the same amount of memorable times as the hotter hi-so Thai-Chinese girls ones, but maybe worth a try whistling.gif

Evening Mrs. Thanks for your response.

Me personally not being all that enthused about residing in Thailand for more than 3 weeks at a time and saying it's a nice place are not mutually exclusive.

Vegas is a nice place although I doubt you would like it. Japan is nice place too but i don't like it either.

Moreover, although Bangkok is does not work for me socially, it works for me financially, logistically, and bureaucratically.

As I have expressed ad nasueum, I cant afford to maintain three different residences. I must work within the confines of my resources.

And remember, i have lived in some very bad places so BKK does not phase me. Yea, i would rather live in the Cape or Dubai but can't and don't get all bent up that I can't.

As already written in the missive, we already have a high end gym membership,a yoga membership at the place by Emporium, and she goes to the spa once a week..and leaves every 4 weeks or so to boot.

I think it's very rude and impolitic to say but she is not interested in Thai friends although I wish she was. She tried that but all they do is show her off and say how beautiful she is. I know it's hard to understand;I think it's funny that after three meetings all the Thai girls say is that she is beautiful over and over again during dinner. <deleted>?

And this is at Brew House in Thong Lo, not in Issan.

Her tennis coach gawked at her for the entire 60 minutes of her lesson yesterday. I will have to switch to a female teacher as he just stairs and cant even hit the ball back to her.

I found it repulsive, perplexing, and self-effacing.

No way to say it but to be blunt mam,but: no, I have not seen any hot expat women in her category here. I see her friends in Dubai and Vegas and they dimply do not exist outside of the EE models in Thailand.

We go out a lot and I am always looking for women for her to hang with. Even in Bed Suppeclub last night she was hands down the hottest farang in the place.

Only a few girls at Koi are hotter.

And she is not really THAT hot...I mean, she looks like an average Victoria Secrets model.

all this talk of heat, lol....

That's what you said: "I prefer 5’8 (and above) surgically enhanced females. ...(my GF) works as a FA for a GCC airline "

I am not a braggart.

That's what you said: "i am exactly who i say I am...of that one if ten thousand chance. The guy does have a smoking hot model gf, the guy is an ivy league graduate, the guy is a former diplomat (3161), and the guy is a one per center (or 3.4 percenter)."

I rest my case...

not in this post dude...dont be sly...that was from my other post four months back.

I am not a braggart.

I rest my case...

not in this post dude...dont be sly...that was from my other post four months back.

Irrelevant... you said it... you bragged about yourself... that's fact, whether in this post or another one...

Edited by Swiss1960

Singapore Air asia 5000 baht ,cheap but ok hotel in Little India Opposite Mustafa Centre. Should be able to do that for not more than 15k baht, and I have no idea what currency you are talking about anyway although I suspect it must be bars of gold?

Thats the problem with Raffles or The Fullerton they aint cheap

Just so you know for when the money runs out....................along with the woman.

I used points to stay at the mariott, but the darn booze. We had six mojitos in Clark Quay and it was about..I may be mistaken..but almost 25-30 bucks per drink at that cuban bar there, plus dinner, the night safari, late night snack room service, universal studios, a few bottles in duty free..1300 USD including airfare for two days in Singapore is about right.

Irrelevant... you said it... you bragged about yourself... that's fact, whether in this post or another one...

lol, I could see how some could say that's being a braggart--the part about being a 1 percenter (or 3.4) with an ivy league degree. But i meant it more as a statement of fact.

I will grant you this victory though.

lol, I could see how some could say that's being a braggart--the part about being a 1 percenter (or 3.4) with an ivy league degree. But i meant it more as a statement of fact.

I have never questioned the accuracy of what you told everybody about yourself... the fact that you feel such a necessity to let everybody know about how top you are is what I call bragging... and ask myself what psychological issues might be behind that bragging...

They'd be better off renaming it "self obsessed moronic <deleted> of Orange County" but I do have to admit to once vomittingly having watched it whislt being strapped down to a bed eyes taped open as punishment. plsssss can u forgive me??laugh.png

Real Housewives is whack. Mobwives is a little better. My girls is not this bad.

"Real Housewives is whack. Mobwives is a little better. My girls is not this bad." You don't really expect us to believe that you went to college in the US do you?

I am not really sure whence your hostility comes, but his English is not as bad as you make out, nor would it appear strange to many the low side of 60. this topic has become a prime example of how Thai Visa is fast becoming an inter web nursing home.

The product of an instution of higher learning? Like you? What does it have to do with age. Not everyone here is a cab or truck driver ya know.

With the best will in the world, Aurellian, it really is time to think with your real head, not your little one. You are not happy, she is not happy.... why put yourself (and her) through more of the same grief..... PLUS, (unless you get your kicks from humiiating yourself in TV), why do you keep feeding yourself to this bunch of old crocs??

Quit the champagne-style lifestyle and enjoy the beer-budget one, it really isn't so bad, you know. In an earlier post I accused you of being self-obsessed....maybe I should change that to being obsessed with appearance and image. If you are happy in yourself, who gives a s**t what anyone else thinks? If you do not fit someone else's image, screw them (or probably more appropriately in this case, don't....wink.png ) If you really love the girl, and if she really loves you, then a solution will pop up (no, I said don't do that...), but unless you live within your means and make her see that, I really don't think there's going to be much popping up at all.

Lots of weary old guys in here have probably fallen for the wrong girl: but crusty old souls will never admit to it, but you are not alone in the little head ruling the big one...... I firmly believe that what is inside a person is far more important than outward appearances... and maybe once you also acquire that perfect 20-20 hindsight that so many have, you will see this too.

Move on, pal. Live life and enjoy it, (within budget) 'cos you're a long time dead.

Plenty of expats in BKK the type you'd find in Dubai, Singapore etc. They all do the same rounds.

Plenty of expatriate women to hang out with too.

None of it is rocket science to get out and meet people.

GF sounds like she is high maintainence.

I have never questioned the accuracy of what you told everybody about yourself... the fact that you feel such a necessity to let everybody know about how top you are is what I call bragging... and ask myself what psychological issues might be behind that bragging...

Oh, sorry, i get you and the guy who says one cant spend 600 buck a month on utilities in Vegas confused.