Hundreds Of Thai Muslims Protest At U S Embassy In Bangkok

webfact

We don't put up with antiSemitism and hate crimes so its no wonder people protest anti-Muslim films. There is a difference between free speech and garbage meant to insult others.

Nope. The only point of guaranteeing free speech is to allow people to say what you personally would least like to hear. To facilitate people in authority being challenged and mocked. This is why it is valuable and this is why it needs to be an enshrined legal right.

Of course, if free speech just involved saying how great everything is no one would be against it, and it would not be under continual threat of suppression by groups of religious, political and racial bigots.

Free speech usually has its legal limits and much of the extreme "protests" I see on reports from Egypt, Lybia, etc. far exceed civil limits. If one expects to be protected from hate crimes one must not engage in them.

• Like 1

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai Muslims protest anti-Islam film at US embassy

BANGKOK, Sept 18, 2012 (AFP) - Hundreds of Muslims, many carrying placards and chanting "Down with America", rallied outside the US embassy in Bangkok Tuesday, as protests over an anti-Islam film spread to the Thai capital.

Defying heavy rain and a big police presence, around 400 protesters massed outside the US embassy, which was shut in advance of the rally, an AFP reporter said.

The planned rally was part of a wave of often violent protest against a low-budget trailer for a movie entitled "Innocence of Muslims", believed to have been produced by a small group of extremist Christians in the United States.

Holding banners in Thai, Arabic and English and flags the crowd shouted "Down with America" and called for the director of the incendiary film to be punished.

Organisers, who did not want to identify themselves as part of a specific group, were reluctant to allow journalists to speak to the protestors, shepherding them to a spokesman for questions.

"Everything that they have done is not right, it's very wrong," spokesman Niyaz -- who only gave one name -- told AFP, referring to the film.

"We are not talking about the American population, we are talking about the American government who support the film and the one that say this is a freedom of speech... freedom of speech should not harm anyone," he added.

On Monday a statement from the embassy said there was no specific threat to US citizens in Thailand, but urged Americans to "exercise caution".

Protests have been staged since last Tuesday in at least 20 countries, with more than 30 people killed and dozens wounded in violence linked to the film.

Buddhist-majority Thailand has about 1.2 million Muslims -- about 4 percent of the population -- according to the latest available data, many living in the country's southern states near the Malaysian border.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-09-18

So the article says the organizers did not want the journalists talking to the protestors. Gee, how about that. Ask them how much they were paid. Ask them if they are Thai residents. Ask them if they are here on valid Visas. Ask them if they have seen the film. Ask them why their fellow religious leaders killed and attacked innocent people.

• Like 2

Organisers, who did not want to identify themselves as part of a specific group, were reluctant to allow journalists to speak to the protestors, shepherding them to a spokesman for questions.

"Everything that they have done is not right, it's very wrong," spokesman Niyaz -- who only gave one name -- told AFP, referring to the film.

So the article says the organizers did not want the journalists talking to the protestors. Gee, how about that. Ask them how much they were paid. Ask them if they are Thai residents. Ask them if they are here on valid Visas. Ask them if they have seen the film. Ask them why their fellow religious leaders killed and attacked innocent people.

Your thoughts are not that dissimilar to those who blame an entire nation for the actions of a few.

Edited by Nisa

(Even if this has been falsely attributed, most of the facts and the conclusions are near the bone. It is, undoubtedly, the lack of proper, modern-day scientific and secular education over a century that has sadly led to the usurpation of Islam of today, but is it irreversible? No, but the sure process of them catching up will take a lot more time)

It makes interesting reading... particularly coming from a Pakistani official -- Dr Farrukh Saleem.

The writer is the Pakistani Executive Director of the Center for Research and Security Studies, a think tank established in 2007, and an Islamabad-based freelance columnist.

Why are Jews so powerful?

There are only 14 million Jews in the world; seven million in the Americas , five million in Asia, two million in Europe and 100,000 in Africa. For every single Jew in the world there are100 Muslims. Yet, Jews are more than a hundred times more powerful

than all the Muslims put together. Ever wondered why?

Jesus of Nazareth was a Jew.

Albert Einstein, the most influential scientist of all time and TIME magazine's 'Person of the Century', was a Jew.

Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis was a Jew. So were Karl Marx, Paul Samuelson and Milton Friedman.

Oil rich Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Qatar collectively produce goods and services (mostly oil) worth $500 billion;

Spain alone produces goods and services worth over $1 trillion, Catholic Poland $489 billion and Buddhist Thailand $545 billion.

..... (Muslim GDP as a percentage of world GDP is fast declining).

So, why are Muslims so powerless?

Answer: Lack of education!

All we do is shout to Allah the whole day and blame everyone else for our multiple failures.

One hell of a Newbie. Thanks.

I have shortened the interesting information that you posted, but we get the point.

My experience shows me that a very good way to keep people under a given faith, is to keep them ignorant of anything that could make them question this given faith. And the list is very long of what is censored.

I was proposing a reading to a friend of mine, who is part of these 'born again christian'. >This book is titled 'The Celestine Prophecy'.

My friend looked at the book on my table, and answered, 'Some books are from God, and some from Satan', I cannot read this book as it is from Satan.

Just imagine what the preachers are saying to these followers, to keep them brainwashed, and ignorant, and worshippers...

Edited by Andre0720
  • Like 1

(Even if this has been falsely attributed, most of the facts and the conclusions are near the bone. It is, undoubtedly, the lack of proper, modern-day scientific and secular education over a century that has sadly led to the usurpation of Islam of today, but is it irreversible? No, but the sure process of them catching up will take a lot more time)

It makes interesting reading... particularly coming from a Pakistani official -- Dr Farrukh Saleem.

The writer is the Pakistani Executive Director of the Center for Research and Security Studies, a think tank established in 2007, and an Islamabad-based freelance columnist.

Why are Jews so powerful?

There are only 14 million Jews in the world; seven million in the Americas , five million in Asia, two million in Europe and 100,000 in Africa. For every single Jew in the world there are100 Muslims. Yet, Jews are more than a hundred times more powerful

than all the Muslims put together. Ever wondered why?

Jesus of Nazareth was a Jew.

Albert Einstein, the most influential scientist of all time and TIME magazine's 'Person of the Century', was a Jew.

Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis was a Jew. So were Karl Marx, Paul Samuelson and Milton Friedman.

Oil rich Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Qatar collectively produce goods and services (mostly oil) worth $500 billion;

Spain alone produces goods and services worth over $1 trillion, Catholic Poland $489 billion and Buddhist Thailand $545 billion.

..... (Muslim GDP as a percentage of world GDP is fast declining).

So, why are Muslims so powerless?

Answer: Lack of education!

All we do is shout to Allah the whole day and blame everyone else for our multiple failures.

One hell of a Newbie. Thanks.

I have shortened the interesting information that you posted, but we get the point.

My experience shows me that a very good way to keep people under a given faith, is to keep them ignorant of anything that could make them question this given faith. And the list is very long of what is censored.

I was proposing a reading to a friend of mine, who is part of these 'born again christian'. >This book is titled 'The Celestine Prophecy'.

My friend looked at the book on my table, and answered, 'Some books are from God, and some from Satan', I cannot read this book as it is from Satan.

Just imagine what the preachers are saying to these followers, to keep them brainwashed, and ignorant, and worshippers...

A great book and a nice philosophy to live your life by. I still am a strong believer in synchronicity !

freaks they are !

Check out the Facts .....On Japans LAWS On Muslims ......The Rest of the Worlds Leaders should take a page out of there Stringent Restrictions

Yet again a post that has used content from an anti Islamic website i.e. http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19414089 to which there were a number of replies stating the info is nonsense. Try looking at some other sites such as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranians_in_Japan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Japan

http://www.muslimpopulation.com/asia/Japan/Local%20Mosques%20and%20the%20Lives%20of%20Muslims%20in%20Japan.php

I agree with most posts - the Muslim demonstrations are VERY hypocritcal - I have Never seen ONE protest for the Muslim on Muslim killings worldwide - let alone in Southern Thailand. It seems that killing innocent students, teachers , monks and ordinary hard working people is acceptable to Muslims.....but having some low- life make a none sense movie on You Tube , well, that just has to be met with serious protesting.

freaks they are !

Check out the Facts .....On Japans LAWS On Muslims ......The Rest of the Worlds Leaders should take a page out of there Stringent Restrictions

Yet again a post that has used content from an anti Islamic website i.e. http://glocktalk.com....php?p=19414089 to which there were a number of replies stating the info is nonsense. Try looking at some other sites such as:

http://en.wikipedia....anians_in_Japan

http://en.wikipedia..../Islam_in_Japan

http://www.muslimpop...ms in Japan.php

Quote taken from : http://glocktalk.com

About Muslims and Japan

They are indeed a very evolved race.

They must be doing something right.

Have you ever read in the newspaper that a political

leader or a prime minister from an Islamic nation

has visited Japan?

Have you ever come across news that the King of

Iran or a Saudi Arabia prince has visited Japan?

Japan, a Country keeping Islam at bay.

Japan has put strict restrictions on Islam and ALL Muslims.

The reasons are:

a) Japan is the only nation that does not give citizenship

to Muslims.

B) In Japan permanent residency is not given to Muslims.

c) There is a strong ban on the propagation of Islam in

Japan .

d) In the University of Japan, Arabic or any Islamic

language is not taught.

e) One cannot import ‘Koran’ published in Arabic

language.

f) According to data published by Japanese government,

it has given temporary residency to only 2 lakhs

Muslims, who need to follow the Japanese Law

of the Land. These Muslims should speak Japanese

and carry their religious rituals in their homes.

g) Japan is the only country in the world that has a

negligible number of embassies of Islamic countries.

h) Japanese people are not attracted to Islam at all.

i) Muslims residing in Japan are the employees of

foreign companies.

j) Even today visas are not granted to Muslim doctors,

engineers or managers sent by foreign companies.

k) In the majority of companies, it is stated in their

regulations that no Muslims should apply for a job.

l) The Japanese government is of the opinion that

Muslims are fundamentalist and even in the era

of globalization, they are not willing to change

their Muslim laws.

m) Muslims can not even think about getting a rented

house in Japan .

n) If anyone comes to know that his neighbor is a

Muslim then the whole neighborhood stays alert.

o) No one can start an Islamic cell or Arabic ‘Madrasa’

in Japan

p) There is no personal (Sharia) law in Japan .

q) If a Japanese woman marries a Muslim then she is

considered an outcast forever.

r) According to Mr. Komico Yagi (Head of Department,

Tokyo University ) “There is a mind frame in Japan

that Islam is a very narrow minded religion and one

should stay away from it.”

s) Freelance journalist Mohammed Juber toured many

Islamic countries after 9/11 including Japan . He found

that the Japanese were confident that extremists could

do no harm in Japan .

My sons Grandfather was murdered in cold blood by muslims in Yalla he was a totaly inocent guy, There was no big protests over this totaly tragic event, I think these people should start to get thair priorities fixed and join the real world and stop thair dangerous fantacy.

freaks they are !

Yet again a post that has used content from an anti Islamic website i.e. http://glocktalk.com....php?p=19414089 to which there were a number of replies stating the info is nonsense. Try looking at some other sites such as:

http://en.wikipedia....anians_in_Japan

http://en.wikipedia..../Islam_in_Japan

http://www.muslimpop...ms in Japan.php

Quote taken from : http://glocktalk.com

About Muslims and Japan

They are indeed a very evolved race.

They must be doing something right.

Have you ever read in the newspaper that a political

leader or a prime minister from an Islamic nation

has visited Japan?

Have you ever come across news that the King of

Iran or a Saudi Arabia prince has visited Japan?

Japan, a Country keeping Islam at bay.

Japan has put strict restrictions on Islam and ALL Muslims.

The reasons are:

a) Japan is the only nation that does not give citizenship

to Muslims.

cool.png In Japan permanent residency is not given to Muslims.

c) There is a strong ban on the propagation of Islam in

Japan .

d) In the University of Japan, Arabic or any Islamic

language is not taught.

e) One cannot import ‘Koran’ published in Arabic

language.

f) According to data published by Japanese government,

it has given temporary residency to only 2 lakhs

Muslims, who need to follow the Japanese Law

of the Land. These Muslims should speak Japanese

and carry their religious rituals in their homes.

g) Japan is the only country in the world that has a

negligible number of embassies of Islamic countries.

h) Japanese people are not attracted to Islam at all.

i) Muslims residing in Japan are the employees of

foreign companies.

j) Even today visas are not granted to Muslim doctors,

engineers or managers sent by foreign companies.

k) In the majority of companies, it is stated in their

regulations that no Muslims should apply for a job.

l) The Japanese government is of the opinion that

Muslims are fundamentalist and even in the era

of globalization, they are not willing to change

their Muslim laws.

m) Muslims can not even think about getting a rented

house in Japan .

n) If anyone comes to know that his neighbor is a

Muslim then the whole neighborhood stays alert.

o) No one can start an Islamic cell or Arabic ‘Madrasa’

in Japan

p) There is no personal (Sharia) law in Japan .

q) If a Japanese woman marries a Muslim then she is

considered an outcast forever.

r) According to Mr. Komico Yagi (Head of Department,

Tokyo University ) “There is a mind frame in Japan

that Islam is a very narrow minded religion and one

should stay away from it.”

s) Freelance journalist Mohammed Juber toured many

Islamic countries after 9/11 including Japan . He found

that the Japanese were confident that extremists could

do no harm in Japan .

Are you really quoting a forum poster on a Firearm Forum as being a reliable source of info?

My sons Grandfather was murdered in cold blood by muslims in Yalla he was a totaly inocent guy, There was no big protests over this totaly tragic event, I think these people should start to get thair priorities fixed and join the real world and stop thair dangerous fantacy.

Your sons Grandfather ????? Wouldn't that be your father or am I missing something.

Your sons Grandfather ????? Wouldn't that be your father or am I missing something.

Probably step-son.

This is of the same mentality as some people displayed against innocent Muslims right after 9-11 in the USA. I remember the Dutch cartoon that had their bowels in an uproar too.

Hacking Buddhist Monks doesn't seem to faze them a bit though!

@newermonkey re your post #165. I'm not going to bother with a point by point rebuttal, but suffice to say all islamic States have embassies in Japan; go to:

http://www.hiraganat.../embassy-e.html

To repeat, do some research from other sources other than right wing web sites

Edited by simple1

Think you are scraping the barrel with that post. rolleyes.gif

With all the crap happening in southern Thailand, those protesting should protest down their. I prefer Thailand when the military controlled it. Sure their was corruption but nothing on the scale of Thailand today. Also the military would not allow all this B/S by redshirts or anybody else. In 40 years thailand has declined, not improved at all!!! I have been in and out of Thailand since 1970, when i was stationed at UBON R.T.A.F.B. I cannot believe that the big shots now want to compare Bangkok with Singapore, no comparison and will never happen, period. Nice to visit, but only for my wife's medical reasons. Time to build a new capital for Thailand! Lot's of rambling, but just my 2 cents.

With all the crap happening in southern Thailand, those protesting should protest down their. I prefer Thailand when the military controlled it. Sure their was corruption but nothing on the scale of Thailand today. Also the military would not allow all this B/S by redshirts or anybody else. In 40 years thailand has declined, not improved at all!!! I have been in and out of Thailand since 1970, when i was stationed at UBON R.T.A.F.B. I cannot believe that the big shots now want to compare Bangkok with Singapore, no comparison and will never happen, period. Nice to visit, but only for my wife's medical reasons. Time to build a new capital for Thailand! Lot's of rambling, but just my 2 cents.

cheers grampscheesy.gif

cracked.png

The world has to in order for you to have this freedom of speach.

But if the muslim exstreemist were in control ,

wich is what they want,

you would be shitting yourself

in a small sell awaiting your stoning.

great headline laugh.png

(i'm aware it's sattire)

though i didn't realise it was satire!!!

Perhaps: 'my son's maternal grandfather"

Okay, it seems like you are a very honest, detailed and/or factually accurate person (compliment) as it sounds like you weren't married to your son's mother (no judgement, in the same boat). I was just trying to explain why it sounded strange (suspicious) initially. I think most people would have worried less about being accurate about this detail and just said something like my father-in-law or ex-father-in-law to not distract from the main subject or point.