True Visions - A Waste Of Time

SaNim

Here goes another TV rant.

After it became clear that TV would not have the Euro matches and I realized that the Platinum package with 2 boxes was a waste of B2,500 / month I called to cancel.

They were very apologetic. They offered me one month free of charge (which they had already announced they would give) I said nope I still don't need your service anymore. I had them stop my service.

Two days later they called me back and asked if they could offer me 50% off for 3 months to continue my subscription, I said no, but if they would like to offer me 50% off for 12 months I would continue my subscription. The response was that they had to check with their supervisor and would get back to me the next day.

This happened in July. Roll on to today. I received a call from TV saying I was B5,000 in arrears for the last 2 months. I reminded them of their last conversation with me so they had the person I had my previous conversation with call me back.

This employee said "oh we didn't have the package to offer you 50% discount for 12 months" I asked to speak to a supervisor , it was refused. Said employee told me that they would call me back tomorrow , remembering the promise from July I asked the name of their supvervisor in case I didn't get that call. It was only given after asking a tedious amount of times.

Then within a minute I was called back to say that the supervisor would be in hospital the next day but after being contacted by phone refused to confirm the previous agreement. So I told them to cancel again.

They employee said they would arrange to suspend my account immediately and have their equipment picked up on Saturday. I asked for the return of my deposit prior to this and asked for them to email me so I could return my banking details.

Now I have the employee asking for my I.D. and banking details by personal (hotmail) email. Also they have stated that it will take 45 days for the rtn of deposit.

Knowing how they work I suspect I will get a call tomorrow asking what they can do to keep my subscription, will 3 months 50% discount be ok.................

I am so disapointed with there continual degarding service, thats customer service not content. Since IBC then the calamity when they ruined UTV the service from UBC / Ture Visions is deplorable.

Grammy ,

Please get your act together!

I am prepared to pay 12 months in advance if you win the EPL rights! The Only reason I have TV is for the EPL.

Anybody know where I can pick up a cheap Second Hand Dish to give back to TV so the current one doesn't have to be removed.

If you're in "arrears" by THB5k, then your deposit should cover that, so don't pay them the "arrears" and don't expect a refund of your deposit. In fact, why not tell them that you'll keep the box until they honour their agreement to give you the discounts? Unless I've misread you, you have the advantage, (albeit paying for two months you thought were free).

Happened to me.. I cancelled and asked for an updated check bin to pay the full amount on cancellation... I paid this bill and 1 month later got another bill for 3000 baht .. I called them and told them they can stick it right up there ass and they apologised and said to ignore that bill... TV here in Thailand is really shit.. Tired of watching the same movie millions of times over a 1 year period

Last year when I cancelled my subscription I returned the box to the agent myself. They did not remove the dish saying just in case I might become their customer again. I got my 2000 baht deposit back about 30 days later.

To the OP SaNim: if you can do Thai language I know a Thai dealer where you can pick up (order) a cheap Second Hand Dish. Please PM me. Cheers.

After it became clear that TV would not have the Euro matches and I realized that the Platinum package with 2 boxes was a waste of B2,500 / month I called to cancel.

I also have True for Premier League mainly.

Loads of Champions League games on early am tomorrow TS1 to TS6 with repeats tomorrow during the day

Not sure how long the OP has been here, but 'deals' made on the phone mean dick all unless you have the conversation recorded. It's always best to put it in writing and if you couldn't get there in person, you could liaise with customer services by email. In Thailand never assume anything done over the phone will work out, it's a really dodgy way to carry out business as you have found out. It might work out, but there again it might not and you have no proof of anything that was said to you.

I don't really expect anything to be perfect in Thailand and Truevisions certainly aren't. That said, I think it's worth subscribing to for the EPL and other sports coverage alone, and now with HD it's even better!

Their coverage of EPL is excellent and there are other football matches like Champions League. They also have a lot of other sport, such as F1, Golf (Ryder cup soon), Rugby, NFL, MLB, Basketball (which is really girls netball).....alas no cricket. Some of the channels are OK and I have BBC Entertainment and Knowledge for an extra 170 baht. I only have the gold package, don't want HD and my monthly bill is around 1,700 Baht, which works out at just over 50 baht a day........now who can't afford that, the price of a beer, glug glug gone, compared to entertainment 24/7.

Dam_n irritating when so-called customer services is anything but ... but I urge you not to cut off your nose to spite your face (if you want to watch EPL).

You do realise that the much inferior Sky package in the UK costs 50 quid a month these days? TV is very good value for football lovers and the lack of the Euros was easily sorted by paying 1,500 and connecting GMM's box to the same True satellite dish (and is still useful for some alternative footbal watching. Sounds like you had an unnecessary hissy-fit in wanting to cancel True in the first place?

Dont hold your breath over GMM ever getting its act together. Many of us pray that GMM don't <deleted> up the excellent scheduling of EPL that True does by winning a half package or even a full package. GMM are the true masters of non-communication. If you dont like True, you aint seen nothin yet

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Truevisions isn't perfect but, as someone said, for 50 baht a day it's got to be worth having, especially now they have HD. It's great on a big LED TV. All the sport, movies, BBC, news, documentaries - still good value for 50 baht. I would be lost without it and all i could buy with the savings is one beer.

I've cancelled it and dont miss it. It's relatively expensive and poor quality. Movies are dated and everything is over-censored. I've worked in Arabic countries such as Oman with better TV packages and cheaper. True goes for the cheap low quality American crap which appeals to their low level humour and understanding.

Sure hope the OP don't give any banking details by responding to an email. Nice way to open the door to identity theft and a depleted bank account.

Would recommend a person only cancel a TrueVisions subscription by visiting a True service center if at all possible. There paperwork can be signed to cancel the subscription and schedule turn-in of the settop box(es)...and a person can walk out with copies of the cancellation paperwork in hand. If done over the phone it's a "your word against their word" type affair."

And no doubt there are plenty of people who refuse to pay a bill because they said they called-up and canceled, but continued to watch TrueVisions for months and months waiting for TrueVisions to cancel their account...not to imply the OP would do this.

Once the box is picked up/tuned in, around 2-3 weeks later a person will normally get a pink looking slip in the mail....kinda looks like a check but it's not...this slip just confirmed the box has been turned in/received by True and they are processing the refund check which should show up approx 3 weeks after the pink slip showed up. They say it normally takes around 45 days from box turn-in to deposit refund check received. Over the years I've turned in boxes twice (account in Thai wife's name)...on the first turn-in and after numerous follow-ups we got the deposit refund approx 6 months later....the other time after several follow-ups we got the refund exactly 100 days later. But other folks have posted they get they deposit refund check fairly fast....while others have posted long delays in getting refund (like me) or never getting the refund.