Starbucks On Beach Road R.i.p

BugJackBaron

Oh no! Does that mean that Starbucks is on it's arse?... no, it merely means that they will pop up in a better location. Although, not sure how long the Avenue Starbucks will last. Why do I care? I can't stand Starbucks.

Thais like it. The one in Rayong is packed and never a Farang in sight. I don't know why anyone would like burned Seattle style beans for that price.

• Like 1

Why pay starbucks prices ?,i just cant understand the logic,the best fresh coffee i have tasted here is in The food court at tesco north Pattaya 15 baht and it tastes terrific

To me it was never about the coffee but the atmosphere. What

other coffee shop in Pattaya offers Bangkok Post and let's you use a comfy chair(woah!)

to sit in for a couple of hours in a large spacious environment while reading it at 9am?

There is Au Bon Pan I suppose but not much else.

Edited by BugJackBaron

Why pay starbucks prices ?,i just cant understand the logic,the best fresh coffee i have tasted here is in The food court at tesco north Pattaya 15 baht and it tastes terrific

other coffee shop in Pattaya offers Bangkok Post and let's you use a comfy chair(woah!)

to sit in for a couple of hours in a large spacious environment while reading it at 9am?

Not sure when they open, but there is a place called Cherry's in Soi Lenkee....the sofas are more comfortable, the coffee is better and they have real cake. I forgot how much the price was, the value for money was certainly excellent.

Not sure when they open, but there is a place called Cherry's in Soi Lenkee....the sofas are more comfortable, the coffee is better and they have real cake. I forgot how much the price was, the value for money was certainly excellent.

Embarrassed and ashamed to say that one of the first places I went to in Thailand was Starbucks (in BKK, suk soi 3 I think). I paid way over for wireless connection and coffee. Should be tarred and feathered in public for that stupidity. <deleted> you starbucks, glad to see it go. Overpriced, over-rated, and good riddance.

• Like 1

Embarrassed and ashamed to say that one of the first places I went to in Thailand was Starbucks (in BKK, suk soi 3 I think). I paid way over for wireless connection and coffee. Should be tarred and feathered in public for that stupidity. <deleted> you starbucks, glad to see it go. Overpriced, over-rated, and good riddance.

I would not get too excited about them going. They just bought La Boulange Bakery For $100 Million. It is a good bakery chain. You will see nothing but more Starbucks in Thailand.

Closed or just being remodeled?

If closed, too bad. It was a convenient meeting point and a nice vantage point for people watching as well. Now those who like Starbucks well enough and are in that area will have to go to Central or S. Pattaya. Should have moved over to the Spaghetti Factory (RIP--it had been there forever) location at the corner of Soi P.O. and so had a larger horizontal space.

Uh-oh. I see it's time for the ol' recurring HATE STARBUCKS thread, soon to morph into Death To America And To Global Corporations. We done it most recently just a few months ago. Can we give it a longer rest?

Edited by JSixpack

Uh-oh. I see it's time for the ol' recurring HATE STARBUCKS thread, soon to morph into Death To America And Global Corporations. We done it most recently just a few months ago. Can we give it a longer rest?

Ummm, I'm from America. Worse, the most hated of the hated, Los Angeles California. So, hoping I have a little amnesty in my distaste for starbucks. smile.png

<explicit language bits removed>

Edited by raro
  • Like 1

Uh-oh. I see it's time for the ol' recurring HATE STARBUCKS thread, soon to morph into Death To America And Global Corporations. We done it most recently just a few months ago. Can we give it a longer rest?

So far we have a few people here that said they prefer to drink their coffee elsewhere. One post, however I have amended as it crossed the fine line from voicing an opinion t slagging off.

Seems to me this topic only concerns patrons of Starbucks. If you don't like Starbucks, then you didn't go to this location or any other anyway.

We all know that there are alternatives to Starbucks and that many prefer those alternatives as has been repeated ad nauseam. Yawn.

I don't think it's closed down, but being remodelled. There is a temporary Starbuck's sign on the front door, which was put there after it closed, and a notice in Thai (which I can't read). Anyway we shall see. I used to like sitting on the top floor outside, great view of the beach and people passing by. Though I agree that the prices are outrageous. Better coffee and better prices in Chester's Grill at Big C, N. Pattaya, but not a very good view...

One post discussing moderation has been removed.Suggest read the rules before you do get an actual warning.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy. Members should not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

another one deleted also discussing moderation.

If you have any issues or questions about moderation please PM the moderator in question and/or send an e-mail to support [at] thaivisa.com but do NOT discuss this here in the open. Thanks.

How can any coffee shop in Thailand survive when one &lt;deleted&gt; with a laptop buys an iced coffee with a discount voucher and sits on a 4 seat sofa for 3 hours when families are turned away cos there is NOWHERE TO SIT!!

Yes, a common problem. Who can forget this 25,000 view thread on TV regarding the very subject.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/572448-starbucks-thailand-tells-teachers-order-more-coffee-or-get-lost/page__st__375__hl__+starbucks%20+teachers#entry5533924

• Like 1

I had a look around it today. Very clean. Spic and span!

I agree with you about Douwe Egbert's which I used to drink for years out of a cafetiere,

which a certain Thai Visa emember was kind enough to buy for me overseas and still works as well as ever!

Douwe Egbert's is much better value than the other brands and tastes fine to me.

However, a few months ago I decided to try out a local instant brand, Khao Shong, and I haven't drunk anything else since. It tastes every bit as good as filtered coffee and is the best instant coffee I have ever tasted. It saves all the hassle of filtering the brew, and IMHO is even tastier.

A 200 gram bag will cost you around 115 Baht, which is much cheaper than most imported 'superior' brands of instant coffee.

I just buy the regular as I couldn't tell any difference between that and the 'premium' version - except maybe, the snob value...smile.png

Everyone I know who has tried it has liked it very much - especially if they like strong coffee.

I also agree about Vietnamese coffee. I used to mix it 50/50 with Douwe Egbert's and it was delicious. thumbsup.gif

But, of course, it's all a matter of personal taste.

As for Starbucks, well I used to enjoy going to the one at the Avenue and shooting the sh.t with a bunch of noisy Yanks, but haven't been for ages. It really is overpriced, but I guess you pay for the 'ambience'.