Flights Uk - Bangkok

Pdavies99

Just thought I would let everyone know how much flights are at this time...

I have just Booked Air India via Mumbai Return

London - Bangkok Sept 2012

Bangkok - London Jan 2013

£410.00!! http://9flights.co.uk/

True I know its not a great airline, but a seat is a seat!

Many agents do not get much commission from them, so you have to shop around!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good considering I booked for a friend BKK-LDN and it was 29,000 which is 600 quid.

It's almost always more expesive to book a flight this end (Thailand) for BKK to UK compared with booking UK to BKK. As for Air India, no disrespect intended, but personally I'd rather walk!

OP, please let us know what you think of the Air India flight and Mumbai airport once the trip is over....

At one time i used to use Biman all the time as i had to come over 4/5 times a year at least ,always remember at Dhaka airport the first class "lounge" was an area with screens around and i once asked why there were always so many people watching the planes land and was told that it was all they had to do all day and in 4 years the toilet was overflowing and nothing was ever repaired

If I had to fly an airline like that, I would consider that I couldn't afford a holiday.. rough airline. Even rougher airport stopover.

I reported last year that Air India was surpisingly Good albeit I went via New Delhi. It went into the top ten of airlines I've used to and fro Thailand and thats 25 now.........

Also somewhat out of order to make quips over not being able to afford a holiday when the OP is out for 4-5 months.........!

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1

If I had to fly an airline like that, I would consider that I couldn't afford a holiday.. rough airline. Even rougher airport stopover.

Also somewhat out of order to make quips over not being able to afford a holiday when the OP is out for 4-5 months.........!

I said clearly "If I had to fly an airline like that, I would consider that I couldn't afford a holiday". what he budgets for is up to him, but I wouldn't do it.

I said clearly "If I had to fly an airline like that, I would consider that I couldn't afford a holiday". what he budgets for is up to him, but I wouldn't do it.

I know what you wrote and I know what I'm implying...........

I have flown with them several times this year, the planes are modern clean modern Airbuses with about a 2 hour stopover each way. (Indian Airports are terrible)

The food is not very nice unless you like Indian Curry! But lets face it, a plane is a plane.

As to comments about Emirates etc well they are nowadays a lot more, just checked and they stand at £572 and Etihad at £646 for example (travelsupermarket.com)

Just trying to assist biggrin.png

Its good considering I booked for a friend BKK-LDN and it was 29,000 which is 600 quid.

It's almost always more expesive to book a flight this end (Thailand) for BKK to UK compared with booking UK to BKK. As for Air India, no disrespect intended, but personally I'd rather walk!

OP, please let us know what you think of the Air India flight and Mumbai airport once the trip is over....

I have flown with them several times this year, the planes are modern clean modern Airbuses with about a 2 hour stopover each way. (Indian Airports are terrible)

The food is not very nice unless you like Indian Curry! But lets face it, a plane is a plane.

As to comments about Emirates etc well they are nowadays a lot more, just checked and they stand at £572 and Etihad at £646 for example (travelsupermarket.com)

Please continue to Post up Prices like this..........

Appreciated certainly by me.

• Like 1

Deals at £410-420 are very good indeed nowadays regardless of the airline.

If you spot them then let us know.

Great for short quick visits etc when members wish to keep costs low....I would fly any airline at that price to be perfectly honest if it fit my schedule.

Take crisps, fruit and sandwiches from Heathrow! laugh.png

How much is a tuk-tuk from King's Cross to Heathrow these days...tongue.png

Most Air india now stopover at Dehli, dont know if thats better than Mumbai with only 2 hour wait... I booked and paid for a skint friend so he was happy but blogs I read stated they had improved immensly, service etc was excellent. Its the same with anything...a bad name sticks for years...just remember the jokes about cars such as Mitsu, Suburu....look at them now, win all rallies worldwide.

Deals at £410-420 are very good indeed nowadays regardless of the airline.

If you spot them then let us know.

Great for short quick visits etc when members wish to keep costs low....I would fly any airline at that price to be perfectly honest if it fit my schedule.

Take crisps, fruit and sandwiches from Heathrow! laugh.png

How much is a tuk-tuk from King's Cross to Heathrow these days...tongue.png

The underground is a fiver. biggrin.png

Please continue to Post up Prices like this..........

Appreciated certainly by me.

Thank you!!

Well I'm back in Pattaya having flown again Air India return at £410.

First of all, please no snide remarks.

I have to fly to UK nearly every month, so price and timings are important.

Heathrow check in..great, no long queue, was offered and accepted Exit seats with lots of leg space. (newish Boeing 777) Food was so, so

Arrived at Delhi airport..very nice, looks brand new, not too busy, MacDonalds, Domino Pizza and better options available.

Lots of high quality Shops plus general shops, WH Smiths, M&S, Boots etc, Free WiFi...3 hotels including 1 hour or longer stay at $7 dollars per hour

Stop- over 2.5 hours

Delhi - Bangkok (newish Airbus A321) very nice, plenty of space, food okay...arrived 45 minutes early.

So there you are, not bad for £410 return compared to Etihad at £676 and others from £560 upwards (ie Jet, Oman etc)

Edited by Pdavies99
  • Like 1

I know what you wrote and I know what I'm implying...........

RUBBISH !! YOU DONT KNOW ME So P..S off!

Edited by Pdavies99