Flights Uk - Bangkok

Pdavies99

Etihad in 2 weeks £535. Quite good, booked it. Was £525 yesterday!

I agree and use Etihad, but try and get a return for January!! Then you get £676 and seeing as I travel a lot sometimes that adds up, compared to £410 Air India with good flight times, short stopovers etc!

Edited by Pdavies99

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Etihad in 2 weeks £535. Quite good, booked it. Was £525 yesterday!

In fact I have just looked for February booking next year and its £735 with Etihad, it seems they are pricing themselves out of the market unless you want sometimes a last minute booking maybe?

Edited by Pdavies99

Well I'm back in Pattaya having flown again Air India return at £410.

First of all, please no snide remarks.

I have to fly to UK nearly every month, so price and timings are important.

Heathrow check in..great, no long queue, was offered and accepted Exit seats with lots of leg space. (newish Boeing 777) Food was so, so

Arrived at Delhi airport..very nice, looks brand new, not too busy, MacDonalds, Domino Pizza and better options available.

Lots of high quality Shops plus general shops, WH Smiths, M&S, Boots etc, Free WiFi...3 hotels including 1 hour or longer stay at $7 dollars per hour

Stop- over 2.5 hours

Delhi - Bangkok (newish Airbus A321) very nice, plenty of space, food okay...arrived 45 minutes early.

So there you are, not bad for £410 return compared to Etihad at £676 and others from £560 upwards (ie Jet, Oman etc)

Identical write up to what i would have posted...........

For £200 plus saving I'll sit on them all day to be honest.....

• Like 1

Heathrow check in..great, no long queue, was offered and accepted Exit seats with lots of leg space. (newish Boeing 777) Food was so, so

Arrived at Delhi airport..very nice, looks brand new, not too busy, MacDonalds, Domino Pizza and better options available.

Lots of high quality Shops plus general shops, WH Smiths, M&S, Boots etc, Free WiFi...3 hotels including 1 hour or longer stay at $7 dollars per hour

Stop- over 2.5 hours

Delhi - Bangkok (newish Airbus A321) very nice, plenty of space, food okay...arrived 45 minutes early.

So there you are, not bad for £410 return compared to Etihad at £676 and others from £560 upwards (ie Jet, Oman etc)

Seconded. And when your a family group of 3 £600 saving is not to be sniffed at.

• Like 1

Where are you booking Air Indian flights for 400 quid? Agreed Delhi airport is fine. I have no problems with Air India.

I'd like to know too for my son and daughter in UK. I can't find anything for that price, which if correct is an absolute steal on Air India.

Jet can be cheap as well. I've seen circa 600 with Air India but not 410.

I've used Jet going from Bangkok and I thought they were quite good and the cheapest at that time along with Kingfisher at around 28,000 Baht. Both seem to have upped the price lately and Air India has put theirs down.

I know there are some bargains that have been offered on Air India.

• Like 1

I'm checking Bkk to LHR next month, return

Air India 629UKP

Srilankan Airlines 563UKP

Looking at Mox Travel (probably same prices as you)

Sri Lankan 26,700 Baht is very good and total time 15 hours both ways.

Air India 31,400 Baht, 16 hours going and 1 day, 10 hours coming back!

Edited by uptheos

I'm checking Bkk to LHR next month, return

Air India 629UKP

Srilankan Airlines 563UKP

Looking at Mox Travel (probably same prices as you)

Sri Lankan 26,700 Baht is very good and total time 15 hours both ways.

Air India 31,400 Baht, 16 hours going and 1 day, 10 hours coming back!

Yeh, like who in their right mind is gonna put up with a 24hr+ connection.

SMS from my daughter flying LHR/BKK on Thai this morning,;

" bought 2 books as no seatback tv "

still taking their time with the retrofitting I see.

Strange as they have been using A340-600 on this route for quite some time now and they are fully fitted with AVOD.

Price is not the only factor to look at, time and safety records are also to be factored in IMHO. Also the planes, the new A380 is quiet and spacious, with Emirates I notice the difference chnging to a Boeing 777 for the 2nd half of the journey and you must not forget the baggage allowance either.

If I had to fly an airline like that, I would consider that I couldn't afford a holiday.. rough airline. Even rougher airport stopover.

Also somewhat out of order to make quips over not being able to afford a holiday when the OP is out for 4-5 months.........!

I said clearly "If I had to fly an airline like that, I would consider that I couldn't afford a holiday". what he budgets for is up to him, but I wouldn't do it.

I know what you wrote and I know what I'm implying...........

RUBBISH !! YOU DONT KNOW ME So P..S off!

Looks as if you have directed your reply at one of your supporters.

Actually I've flown with air India a few times and they aren't too bad at all, 35kg baggage allowance food is okay and both Mumbai and Delhi airports were renovated for the commonwealth games.

Better than some Thai airways flights I've had and they seem to average around 90k baht!!

Actually I've flown with air India a few times and they aren't too bad at all, 35kg baggage allowance food is okay and both Mumbai and Delhi airports were renovated for the commonwealth games.

Better than some Thai airways flights I've had and they seem to average around 90k baht!!

They seem to have a respectable seat pitch on some planes.. Up to 34" in economy isn't bad. Though some have 31".

Stop- over 2.5 hours

Thank you for an honest reply!

I bet all these people knocking Air India have never even flown with them.

All the times ive flown to Thailand and back i have to say Air India was the best flight ive had, and ive flown with Etihaad, Qatar, Thai Airways, Turkish Airlines, Gulf Airways, Emirates, Jet Airways.

The problem with the best known airlines is the flights are always packed, when i flew with Air India the flight was almost empty so i had a whole row to myself, which is great for getting your head down. Also on the leg between Mumbai and London the plane looked almost brand new, IFE was top notch and food was as good as you would expect for flight food.

I would however admit that Mumbai airport has to be one of the worst airports on earth, apart from that i have no complaints about Air India, and the prices are fantastic to top it all, think i paid £210 one way.

Edited by VintageTQ
  • Like 1

Mumbai sucks BUT Delhi was really good, relatively. I would always fly through Delhi. I have used Air India a few times and they are fine. No problems. The only airline that gave me 2 beers at my seat because they didn't want the hassle of coming back and serving me more.

Sri Lankan Airways look the cheapest. I remember a few years ago one-way Bkk-Ldn was circa 13,000 baht. I am not sure if they still put people up in a hotel though. Anyone used them recently?

Its some years since I passed through Mumbai airport but I used to use it quite frequently.

There is a bar in departures...with stools...admittedly its expensive...they serve snacks and hot meals.

Let's recap...find bar, sit on stool, order beer and food. Repeat until time to board the plane.

Its a decent airport.....try flying through Kuwait or Trinidad....

Despite the bad press of late, the kangaroo in the sky is your best bet on arriving alive.

Still zero fatalities.smile.png

Not quite true............

I always thought the same but go back to the Prop Era and they did lose Passengers apparantly. Think the non fatality Record is from 1951 when I googled it previously.