Flights Uk - Bangkok

Pdavies99

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its some years since I passed through Mumbai airport but I used to use it quite frequently.

There is a bar in departures...with stools...admittedly its expensive...they serve snacks and hot meals.

Let's recap...find bar, sit on stool, order beer and food. Repeat until time to board the plane.

Its a decent airport.....try flying through Kuwait or Trinidad....

Mumbai and Calcutta are nearly finished building new International Terminals, while Delhi is only two years old.

Please see previous comments.

Edited by Pdavies99

Mumbai sucks BUT Delhi was really good, relatively. I would always fly through Delhi. I have used Air India a few times and they are fine. No problems. The only airline that gave me 2 beers at my seat because they didn't want the hassle of coming back and serving me more.

Sri Lankan Airways look the cheapest. I remember a few years ago one-way Bkk-Ldn was circa 13,000 baht. I am not sure if they still put people up in a hotel though. Anyone used them recently?

Just checked SRI LANKAN....London - Bangkok Out Oct- Return Feb £671 lowest price

Air India, jet airways and kingfisher are part of the same group and last time I checked you could change the return date free of charge and it was only £30 to change a second time. The only problem I had with air India was last year when they had a pilots strike and we were stuck in Delhi airport for 5/6 hours it wasn't particularly well organised but we eventually got home in a Thai airways 747 that was ancient and a definite step down in cabin quality from the first leg of the journey.

Air India, jet airways and kingfisher are part of the same group and last time I checked you could change the return date free of charge and it was only £30 to change a second time. The only problem I had with air India was last year when they had a pilots strike and we were stuck in Delhi airport for 5/6 hours it wasn't particularly well organised but we eventually got home in a Thai airways 747 that was ancient and a definite step down in cabin quality from the first leg of the journey.

What group would that be, apart from Indian airlines?

I think they are all owned by air India, I've actually found jet airways to be the best flights

Er I don't think so....

Jet Airways is owned by Naresh Goyal – who already owns Jetair (Private) Limited, which provided sales and marketing for foreign airlines in India – set up Jet Airways as a independent full-service scheduled airline to compete against state-owned Air India.

Indian Billionaire Vijay Mallya (owner of Kingfisher Airlines Ltd) is in talks to sell a 49% stake to a foreign carrier after the Indian Government permitted such an investment for the first time in September 2012 to open up the economy.

Air India is the flag carrier airline of India. It is owner by the government of India (AIL)

Edited by Pdavies99

Lol I bow down to your superior google knowledge! =D

It's worth checking with them re: changing dates and baggage because when I last booked a flight they all seemed to offer the same and it can cost well over £100 with other airlines to change your dates!!

Thanks for your comment, its just that so many people just knock help or comments, that I feel I have to answer sometimes.. Air India £45 flight change and most Jet Airways are £30 (depending on ticket and flight restrictions) and yes you are right Qatar for example is £145 return part flight change charge

Sometimes I wish I never put up a comment when certain people just like to put anything down. Still that how some are I guess!

The idea is to be helpful, I think?

Sounds like your info is more up to date than mine, I was really impressed when they didn't charge me to change however I also thought it was too good to last =]

It's easy to misconstrue or misinterpret comments on here, but you're right there is a tendency for people to pounce on to threads.

Anyways I've just been searching for flights from Bangkok to London over the christmas holidays and they are going for about £550 with Sri Lankan and Air India, whereas it's almost impossible to anything for less than £1000 for the same dates flying the other way (LON-BKK)

• Like 1

Sounds like your info is more up to date than mine, I was really impressed when they didn't charge me to change however I also thought it was too good to last =]

It's easy to misconstrue or misinterpret comments on here, but you're right there is a tendency for people to pounce on to threads.

Anyways I've just been searching for flights from Bangkok to London over the christmas holidays and they are going for about £550 with Sri Lankan and Air India, whereas it's almost impossible to anything for less than £1000 for the same dates flying the other way (LON-BKK)

Yes you are right, I think some friends just look at headline prices and not the actual booking price?

Well anyway that's it, tried my best, showed where to get flight, took it and I paid £410 return for January, I New Boeing 777 and newish Airbus A321, new Airport, good take off and landing times, cheap to change flight if required, 35 Kgs luggage,45 minutes early landing at Bangkok, I cant say more than that!

Good luck, especially the sceptics! (English spelling!)

I'm checking Bkk to LHR next month, return

Air India 629UKP

Srilankan Airlines 563UKP

Looking at Mox Travel (probably same prices as you)

Sri Lankan 26,700 Baht is very good and total time 15 hours both ways.

Air India 31,400 Baht, 16 hours going and 1 day, 10 hours coming back!

Yeh, like who in their right mind is gonna put up with a 24hr+ connection.

yes you are correct, that's the problem unfortunately with Outbound Bangkok! But still a fair price I think, good luck

I'm checking Bkk to LHR next month, return

Air India 629UKP

Srilankan Airlines 563UKP

Looking at Mox Travel (probably same prices as you)

Sri Lankan 26,700 Baht is very good and total time 15 hours both ways.

Air India 31,400 Baht, 16 hours going and 1 day, 10 hours coming back!

Yeh, like who in their right mind is gonna put up with a 24hr+ connection.

yes you are correct, that's the problem unfortunately with Outbound Bangkok! But still a fair price I think, good luck

Can you leave the airport with that connection? Not sure what I would do with 24 hours in either Mumbai or Delhi but at least you could stretch your legs and the food in both cities is very good. I guess you would need a visa. Kind of a waste of time and money.

If anyone sees any other deals please update this thread. Thanks.

Wow bit rich for my blood! :D BA are a decent airline and they fly direct but I don't think I've ever paid over 30,000 baht for a return flight!!

I've found www.kayak.com and www.skyscanner.com to be very good sites to find flights.

Edited by sushi5734