Cooking With Tap Water

yoslim

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where in patts can I get that delivered for 30 baht?????

I dont think you can for 30B, at least not for the clear blue bottles. Mine cost 40B delivered.

The opaque bottles are cheaper, but the water isnt the same.

We get clear blue bottles delivered for 30 baht - Central to north Pattaya location. May be different depending where in Pattaya you are. I cannot remember the deposit on the bottles - 40 or 50 baht each maybe.

They only speak Thai however and my gf texts them when we need more. Sorry she is away so do not have the number but I can send to you next week if interested and you speak or have someone who can speak Thai?

I dont think you can for 30B, at least not for the clear blue bottles. Mine cost 40B delivered.

We get clear blue bottles delivered for 30 baht - Central to north Pattaya location. May be different depending where in Pattaya you are. I cannot remember the deposit on the bottles - 40 or 50 baht each maybe.

They only speak Thai however and my gf texts them when we need more. Sorry she is away so do not have the number but I can send to you next week if interested and you speak or have someone who can speak Thai?

I paid 200B deposit so I wonder if we are talking about the same thing?

If we are then 30B is a good price. I could not find less than 40B.

Do those bottles come with two seals (not that a seal guarantees anything about what's inside!)?

The place I use is called CH Tech and their bottles have their label on.

Currently I use the water machines on the street, around 1baht for 1 liter. Where can you order those 5gal bottles for 30 baht ?

Every Thai town I have ever been in there are trucks running around with the bottles. Stop the truck and they will go to where you live on a regular basis. Pay a couple of hundred baht deposit and then it is 30 baht per bottle.

Actually in Chiang Rai it's only 15 baht for the big bottles delivered to my door. The guys come by every few weeks to see if you need more. Never had to put any deposit down at all.

Lucky CR.

I think this causes some confusion. There are different prices for different types of water. The opaque bottles, IMHO, aren't as good.

Easy to find water delivery to your place. Just look outside! The trucks go into and out of our village every day.

Currently I use the water machines on the street, around 1baht for 1 liter. Where can you order those 5gal bottles for 30 baht ?

Every Thai town I have ever been in there are trucks running around with the bottles. Stop the truck and they will go to where you live on a regular basis. Pay a couple of hundred baht deposit and then it is 30 baht per bottle.

Actually in Chiang Rai it's only 15 baht for the big bottles delivered to my door. The guys come by every few weeks to see if you need more. Never had to put any deposit down at all.

Lucky CR.

Here in khonkaen we get delivered for 13 baht and no deposit and we have 7 bottle's and get weekly visits to top up.

There are different prices for different types of water. The opaque bottles, IMHO, aren't as good.

Yes. I've always assumed that, as the price is lower, the opaque bottles are not as well filtered. However I've never found out what the exact difference is.

I paid 200B deposit so I wonder if we are talking about the same thing?

If we are then 30B is a good price. I could not find less than 40B.

Do those bottles come with two seals (not that a seal guarantees anything about what's inside!)?

The place I use is called CH Tech and their bottles have their label on.

I was wrong about the deposit. We paid 250 baht each (checked the receipt) but that was to a previous company we were using where it was 40 baht. We changed after my gf saw them refilling a bottle just before delivering to us from the cheaper opaque ones.

Here is a picture - only one seal. There are phone numbers but I cannot say if any are for who delivers to us.

post-108341-0-61528500-1449796693_thumb.

I was wrong about the deposit. We paid 250 baht each (checked the receipt) but that was to a previous company we were using where it was 40 baht. We changed after my gf saw them refilling a bottle just before delivering to us from the cheaper opaque ones.

Here is a picture - only one seal. There are phone numbers but I cannot say if any are for who delivers to us.

My bottles look like that. 200-250b seems about right as HomePro sell a smaller bottle for 199B.

The main difference with my bottles is that along with the thick plastic seal they also have a second shrink-wrap seal printed with the company's logo and contact details.

The presumably makes it more difficult for staff to refill bottles illicitly, but you are still always at the mercy of whoever originally filled them. For all anyone can be certain of, all the water in these bottles just comes straight out of the tap in the factory.

I hope that by paying 10B more I am more likely to get properly filtered water, but as with anything here I have my doubts.

I Bought a reverse osmosis filter system and a TDS meter to check the water quality .. my weekly tds reading are averaging 0.009 (ppm) ..distilled water is 0.00 ppm ........I have also tested various bottled waters and non match the quality I am getting through my RO filter ....at least I know the quality and purity of my water and I am not relying n a 300 baht per day hungover worker to clean the used water containers and refill ...and there is no guarantee that the fillers are changed regularly ...it is a lottery ..I much prefer to trust myself ..

I Bought a reverse osmosis filter system and a TDS meter to check the water quality .. my weekly tds reading are averaging 0.009 (ppm) ..distilled water is 0.00 ppm ........I have also tested various bottled waters and non match the quality I am getting through my RO filter ....at least I know the quality and purity of my water and I am not relying n a 300 baht per day hungover worker to clean the used water containers and refill ...and there is no guarantee that the fillers are changed regularly ...it is a lottery ..I much prefer to trust myself ..

My problem with home systems is that no matter how good they are my condo building water still comes out of two tanks: a big concrete holder tank in the car park and an even bigger one on the roof of my building. Both contain the most disgusting things (I've looked in them) and get cleaned regularly every February 30th.

If I lived in a house and my water came directly from the town supply then I would indeed consider a home filter system. Even if I had my own tank that I could maintain properly I would consider it also. But as things are I have to rely on the bottling company getting their water fresh from the tap before filtering it, which I think (hope) is the case.

My problem with home systems is that no matter how good they are my condo building water still comes out of two tanks: a big concrete holder tank in the car park and an even bigger one on the roof of my building. Both contain the most disgusting things (I've looked in them) and get cleaned regularly every February 30th.

If I lived in a house and my water came directly from the town supply then I would indeed consider a home filter system. Even if I had my own tank that I could maintain properly I would consider it also. But as things are I have to rely on the bottling company getting their water fresh from the tap before filtering it, which I think (hope) is the case.

I Think you will find that the bottled water you buy is filtered by a RO filter system I very much doubt that is is distilled which is the only way to guarantee 100% quality pure .....you are totally buying blind and at the mercy of the water bottle company being reputable ....I have seen how these bottling plants work and that was one of the main reasons I decided to filter my own drinking water.. "better the devil you know"

Archived