Brit/aussie Owned Hotels In Patong, Karon & Kata

travelbound

Greetings,

This is my first post and would really appreciate some inside info. My wife and I are heading to Thailand soon and I was hopeing to get could some reccomendations on British or Aussi owned hotels in Patong, Karon and Kata. My wife is British and then moved to Australia. Her family thinks that all the trouble on TV will effect us ( to single people you have no idea that you can't win against the inlaws ). She said she feel more comfortable with some of her countrymen. I just want my mother-in-law to shut up. Any hotels that are Brit or Aussie owned/managed I would really appreciate. No really worried about cost. Thanks

If you want a hotel rather than a guesthouse, Kelly's in Patong is Aussie-owned, but if you want a quieter place you could try Villareal Heights in Kata where I know Phil, Englishman and rugby fanatic, takes really good care of his guests. Both have great Tripadvisor rankings.

There are plenty of British and Aussie run guesthouses.

The Yorkshire Inn Patong, Full English breakfast yum yum

Yes, central location (Soi Sansabai), good accommodation and excellent food. Owned by Paul an English guy. A few bars nearby owned by an Aussie, one by three Kiwis and others by various other nationalities..............what more could one want!!

Jon from Liverpool runs a great little Sports/Lounge Bar in Kata called Solution,he has 3 Luxury rooms above the bar for rent.

Not sure on prices though,you will need to contact him,or pop to the bar.

PST.

You probably won't even see the owner of the hotel you stay in, unless it's a tiny family run place, so it matters little who owns it.

If your MIL runs your life so completely and, as you say, money doesn't matter, stay at the Hilton or Holiday Inn, etc. That should keep your keeper quiet. (Incidently most tourists who die in hotels in Phuket fall from balconies, so ask for a ground floor room if you are that terrified!)

You could also point out to the MIL that 2-3 million tourists come and go from Phuket every year without getting slaughtered.

Most who die here smash their bikes into other objects at 2or3 in the morning. So don't hire a motor bike nor ride it drunk/drugged without a helmut at speed.

I could be right on the spot here, stayed at both these at least 3 times in the last 2 years or so when i take holidays from BKK.

Brit owner: yorkshireinn

Aus owner (Aus and Thai): patongsawaddi

Depends what you are after. Sawaddi has best facilities full resort stuff. Yorkshire, great hosting, great british food etc. Sorry i could not help with proper links, seem the system is flawed to doing so???

I could be right on the spot here, stayed at both these at least 3 times in the last 2 years or so when i take holidays from BKK.

Brit owner: yorkshireinn

Aus owner (Aus and Thai): patongsawaddi

Depends what you are after. Sawaddi has best facilities full resort stuff. Yorkshire, great hosting, great british food etc. Sorry i could not help with proper links, seem the system is flawed to doing so???

patongsawaddi.com

yorkshireinn.com