Bangkok 'pretty' Left Unconscious After Botched Bootleg Injection

webfact

All in pursuit of cosmetic beauty........

There have been innumerable cases of people dying and being left permanently scarred / damaged by cosmetic surgery and procedures all throughout the World. Every time I see these stories I do feel a pang of pity mixed with a pang of disdain as to why people need to be so vain.

Then again a bit of vanity doesn't deserve this type of outcome, so I wish this young lady all the best in her recovery, and I hope people considering cosmetic surgery and procedures understand what they are risking.

Any Doctor worth his salt will tell you that no cosmetic procedure is zero risk......so unless it's essential, don't risk it.

But actually wanting bigger thighs? just eat 50 ks worth of big macs.

You design the food that will target a body area for size increase and you'll be a Millionaire..............

You design a food that will increase the size of breasts only and you'll be a Billionaire..............

You design a food that will increase penis size then you'll be a Trillionaire................

You design a food that increases the mental capacity of TV members and you'll get the Nobel Prize for Medicine.

Carry on. coffee1.gif

Was working on a water pushing machine but someone beat me to it.

Certain people flock to "the country" with water pushing machines.

Really no need for further elaboration.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sounds to me like she may have been allergic to the injection. Serious allergies could have caused her to start having trouble breathing and this would bring about the shortness of breath that they reported in the article. Hope she makes a speedy recovery. And yes her family will need her back to work to help them. In Thailand they cannot just turn to welfare payments from the government if they are old, disabled or unable to find work. Many families in this country need the support of someone in their family to help them survive. My wife and I help out my 80 year mother in law as well as her deaf and dumb sister who is unable to get a decent job. There is a great more family bonding here than in the Western Nations.

You might want to google "embolism"

I have to say I don't think I have seen a more narcissistic race of people. Go through any of the big stores and they sit around, males and females preening themselves, even the motorcycle taxi guys can be seen preening in front of their mirrors. So, sadly, it is inevitable that this kind of tragic event will happen and so called 'doctors' will be out to make a buck. I remember going into a large well to do hospital once and there at the entrance was a bevy of beauties, in their short shorts and thigh high boots advertising some slimming programme. Or at the gym where the farangs just grab any old pair of grotty shorts and T shirt and get into it, but there was this Thai guy with his beautifully whitened shoes and matching top and bottoms, standing in front of a mirror...' hmmm, collar up..no collar down ... no collar up ... oh dam_n I've got a pimple...'

Couldn't agree more. It's impossible for a young Thai (or Vientiane Lao) to walk past a mirror without stopping.

In BKK prior to arriving at MRT train platform I ask whomever I am with what % of women will be looking at themselves in the glass reflective surfaces?

At Big C escalators there are multiple single mirror. I routinely see women staring into them while on the escalators. Some even use every mirror on the way down or up.

Image over Substance is Thai society. The % with meaningful education/ cognitive function seem to have less of this fixation. There isn't much "substance" , thats just the way it is.

I have to say I don't think I have seen a more narcissistic race of people. Go through any of the big stores and they sit around, males and females preening themselves, even the motorcycle taxi guys can be seen preening in front of their mirrors. So, sadly, it is inevitable that this kind of tragic event will happen and so called 'doctors' will be out to make a buck. I remember going into a large well to do hospital once and there at the entrance was a bevy of beauties, in their short shorts and thigh high boots advertising some slimming programme. Or at the gym where the farangs just grab any old pair of grotty shorts and T shirt and get into it, but there was this Thai guy with his beautifully whitened shoes and matching top and bottoms, standing in front of a mirror...' hmmm, collar up..no collar down ... no collar up ... oh dam_n I've got a pimple...'

Couldn't agree more. It's impossible for a young Thai (or Vientiane Lao) to walk past a mirror without stopping.

In BKK prior to arriving at MRT train platform I ask whomever I am with what % of women will be looking at themselves in the glass reflective surfaces?

At Big C escalators there are multiple single mirror. I routinely see women staring into them while on the escalators. Some even use every mirror on the way down or up.

Image over Substance is Thai society. The % with meaningful education/ cognitive function seem to have less of this fixation. There isn't much "substance" , thats just the way it is.

The women I can understand, it's the men preening themselves in front of the mirror that is a little more worrying to me.

• Like 1

I believe it's illegal coffee1.gif

There have been innumerable cases of people dying and being left permanently scarred / damaged by cosmetic surgery and procedures all throughout the World. Every time I see these stories I do feel a pang of pity mixed with a pang of disdain as to why people need to be so vain.

Then again a bit of vanity doesn't deserve this type of outcome, so I wish this young lady all the best in her recovery, and I hope people considering cosmetic surgery and procedures understand what they are risking.

Any Doctor worth his salt will tell you that no cosmetic procedure is zero risk......so unless it's essential, don't risk it.

You design the food that will target a body area for size increase and you'll be a Millionaire..............

You design a food that will increase the size of breasts only and you'll be a Billionaire..............

You design a food that will increase penis size then you'll be a Trillionaire................

You design a food that increases the mental capacity of TV members and you'll get the Nobel Prize for Medicine.

Carry on. coffee1.gif

Nope, if you can do this : "You design a food that increases the mental capacity of TV members and you'll get the Nobel Prize for Medicine" - you'll be made a saint by the catholic church for performing a miracle ;-)

• Like 1

The Thai obsession with a curvy figure is just daft - or would be if it didn't sometimes lead to grief - and started to make me smile when i first saw the padded Bum-Bras on sale in the local market - an item of underwear much-loved by skinny katoeys of course. But it's less than funny when one's own beautifully-slim g/friend is constantly advised to 'fatten-up' by her colleagues - and it's especially daft when the advice comes from fat old matrons who've been over-indulging into everything that will fit into their mouths for decades. My partner has the kind of willowy model shape that females in the western world (oz included) would give a fortune for, but the Thais have been persuaded (brainwashed) that anyone without the old-style protuberences made the ideal back in 1940s movies, is somehow 'lacking', and needs the immediate attention of a surgeon. As the bloke in the middle, it sometimes feels that it will never end no matter where one lives : 'Do you think my bum is too big and needs reducing ?' (in the west); 'Do you think my bum/tits are too small and need enhancing ?' (in the east) - all i know is, i'm bloody PERFECT and surgeons everywhere can XXXX off.

Sad when I quote myself but got to thinking about mirrors ... good job they don't have big ones next to the highways.

cheesy.gif

Not often thais get scammed ...

Should of known better..

more beauty, or need for beauty than brains..

By the way dont put these "pretty ladies" on a pedestal..

They are also up for rent if you get to know some..

Been there done that..

Maybe his other daughter can now get a job as a mere bargirl

who by the way are not all prostitutes lol...

The women I can understand, it's the men preening themselves in front of the mirror that is a little more worrying to me.

Especially when they are plucking. Anything but the plucking. Sitting there on their motocy's and just plucking away. Freaky.

Well, male Asian hair does what it does, but to see the splashing, the combing, the pulling, the swishing, always leaves me wondering if they don't realise, it is just going to go where it will anyway. When they have their own mirrors, it is even weirder. Modern Thai men appear to be the original metrosexuals, and the rest.

Anyway, the bloke appears to have turned himself in, but the statement "he was responsible for injections" in his previous job in a clinic, despite having no license whatsoever, sums it all up really. Irresponsible crappy industry.

Edited by Thai at Heart

I am very sorry that after 43 posts on this board, there is not one poster that has mention their outrage on what this Quack has done, and why there is no police after this guy. After all, what he has done is illegal. bah.gif

Outrage is a hackneyed sentiment in Thailand. Everyone is outraged about everything. It makes for good press quotes. But who does what about anything?

The inept response to flooding. The killing of a taxicab driver. The running over of a cop by the Red Bull heir. The embezzlement of 100's of millions of baht by the former Transport Perm Sec. The price of taxis in Phuket. The smuggling of Laotian girls into prostitution in Thailand. The issuance of a passport to a fugitive (btw, not meant as a political statement... just sayng the courts found him guilty once... resolve the matter in a fair court).

So... being outraged about a girl trying to become whiter, slimmer, bustier ending up unconscious will do exactly what for the people of Thailand?

Oh yeah... it will keep face.

Did you see me? I was OUTRAGED! I saved FACE. Now... off to Baskin Robbins for a 200 baht ice cream and then to get my nostrils plucked.

I am very sorry that after 43 posts on this board, there is not one poster that has mention their outrage on what this Quack has done, and why there is no police after this guy. After all, what he has done is illegal. bah.gif

Outrage is a hackneyed sentiment in Thailand. Everyone is outraged about everything. It makes for good press quotes. But who does what about anything?

The inept response to flooding. The killing of a taxicab driver. The running over of a cop by the Red Bull heir. The embezzlement of 100's of millions of baht by the former Transport Perm Sec. The price of taxis in Phuket. The smuggling of Laotian girls into prostitution in Thailand. The issuance of a passport to a fugitive (btw, not meant as a political statement... just sayng the courts found him guilty once... resolve the matter in a fair court).

So... being outraged about a girl trying to become whiter, slimmer, bustier ending up unconscious will do exactly what for the people of Thailand?

Oh yeah... it will keep face.

Did you see me? I was OUTRAGED! I saved FACE. Now... off to Baskin Robbins for a 200 baht ice cream and then to get my nostrils plucked.

Outrage, slammed, and urge are the Nation's favourite verbs.

Hardened Soul, you are indeed hardened. Why so aggressive? It's just as easy to leave out the abuse and correct him. No need to tear him apart. Jim Beam makes a valid point; you said most aren't hookers, but not all. Why would the pretties be any different from another group?

"Aggressive" ??!!

No. It was a statement of fact. It was a moronic statement from someone who's clueless. As for my emphasis on the word "Most", I used it because I couldn't say - with total conviction - that there are NO pretties willing have sex with someone for money; a fairly sensible precaution don't you think?

Pretties aren't different from any other group in this context but I didn't see how "hansgruber" made the correlation between a girl being a "pretty" and being a "hooker". I mean, does every conversation involving Thai women - be they pretties, cleaners, building labourers, moto-taxis, security guards or checkout girls - have to revert to their proclivity - or lack thereof - for selling their bodies?

• Like 1

Outrage, slammed, and urge are the Nation's favourite verbs.

Don't forget "vow". Every politician and policeman vows to get to the bottom of the matter. Just go ahead and google the status of the issues I raised in my earlier post...

Ah yes, so and so "vows", after being "urged" because someone was "outraged" leading to someone being "slammed" in the headlines, and by Friday, it is all forgotten.

The person who did the proceedure has now turned himself over to the police it has been reported as of last night and admimited responsibility, shown remorse directly to the ladies parents who if it is to be believed have accepted this ( at present...Bloody hell ) and said he will pay for her medical fees.

These could be very costly indeed for him even before he goes to court on whatever charges he answers to, based on the outcome of her condition.

We can only hope she recovers from a personal point of view when considering the upset and grief it has caused for her loved ones, but things do not look good for her at present.

Sadly it is to late to prevent what has happened this time, all we can hope for is that the authorities do more than pay lip service in the short term and as with so many other issues leave things as they are / were once it looses it,s front page cover.

Some higher profile unlicensed so called professionals have been carrying out proceedures for many years and have got away with their negligence in the cases that went wrong by paying of the victims and thier families.

Higher profile in this instance refers to the reputations over long periods of time they have built up by word of mouth for doing cheaper treatments and proceedures, go unchallenged and advertise their unethical services as DR whatever.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

I think I would see a couple of red flags there if I were invited for a medical treatment to a condo and the doc was Dr. Pop or just Pop. I think money was the deciding factor here probably along with the ladyboy's salesman abilities to bring the client upstairs. He probably got a pop off of Pop for bring her up.

Carry on. coffee1.gif

Wheres my Nobel Prize ? ermm.gif ................................laugh.png

Where is your food? And what was the reason again that I should eat it?