Bangkok Gangs Danced " Gangnam Style " Before Ekkamai Gun Battle, Report Claims

webfact

Bangkok gangs danced 'Gangnam Style' before Ekkamai gun battle, report claims

By Coconuts Bangkok

gang.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The gangs involved in today’s gun battle in Bangkok’s Ekkamai neighborhood provoked each other at a restaurant the night before – by dancing the “horse dance” from PSY’s massive K-Pop hit “Gangnam Style”, local news website INN is reporting.

A member of the “Nuanchit” gang that came under a hail of at least 50 bullets this morning told the site that his gang knew their would-be killers well.

The two groups had a history of fighting, often bumping into each other in local restaurants and nightclubs, he said.

Last night both the Nuanchit gang and their rivals, from the Rong Poon community in Makkasan, were eating and drinking in the Ruean Thale restaurant in the Phet Phra Ram area of Huai Khwang.

According to INN, “the younger members of both groups danced provocatively at each other in the manner of top hit ‘Gangnam Style’.”

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...-report-claims/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2012-09-21

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read the rest of the story

The attackers fired at least 50 bullets from an 11mm gun and carbine rifle – miraculously failing to hit their targets.

Not so lucky were the owners of several motorbikes and cars who filed police complaints at Khlong Tan Station today after their vehicles were hit by bullets.

http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/news/bangkok-gangs-danced-gangnam-style-before-ekkamai-gun-battle-report-claims/

It doesn't sound to me that “the younger members of both groups danced provocatively at each other in the manner of top hit ‘Gangnam Style’.”

would be the kind of kids who shot each other up. Perhaps the motor bikes and cars were the target?

I know I should be taking this a bit more seriously but I wonder what would be the outcome if some of these practitioners of the "Steps" gangster stylee starting "dancing provocatively" at members of one of the "not known for their dancing prowess but we're good with guns" Technical College gangs?

Something a bit more serious than a few bikes and cars being shot up I feel.

• Like 2

The CD's, purses, clothing, etc etc etc are copies in Thailand, ripped-off from creative designers.....and now even the gangsters are so lacking in creativity and self confidence that they even copy this ridiculousness Korean production stunt...thinking it is just so cool..putting untold innocent people in jeopardy. Shameful !!!!

• Like 1

Gangnam is a fairly boring business district in SE Seoul, I lived there through 2011 and early 2012.

Cannot understand this "Gangnam Style" BS, theres nothing going on there to remark upon, some swank hotels, serviced apartments, office buildings and oh yes a Hooters plus local, inter and Jap style bars that are all expensive so the W#nkers here could not afford them.

Gangnam is pretty much crap, whats the deal here?

Oh sorry, forgot. Yep, what a bunch of muppets acting like that and then shooting. Sure, do the dancing, but if you are going to shoot at each other please have the decency to actually hit your intended targets. That way we'll lower the number of scrotes on the street in BKK. Thanks.

• Like 1

Gangnam is a fairly boring business district in SE Seoul, I lived there through 2011 and early 2012.

Cannot understand this "Gangnam Style" BS, theres nothing going on there to remark upon, some swank hotels, serviced apartments, office buildings and oh yes a Hooters plus local, inter and Jap style bars that are all expensive so the W#nkers here could not afford them.

Yes, but the rich people ride horses.

And the old blokes chase young girls.

And the old blokes chase young girls.

Old blokes always chase young girls but in Gangnam be prepared to spend a lot even before the haggling starts!!