Bangkok Gangs Danced " Gangnam Style " Before Ekkamai Gun Battle, Report Claims

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. I almost walked into 2 of these so-called fights before. One gang member accidentally bumped into me, then waied me and said "so sorry". What kind of hard-men are they? And if you're going to copy something, copy something good, certainly not third-rate Korean rubbish. Let me see, Robert DeNiro or some Korean nobody who looks like Butterball from the Hellraiser movies?

These idiots would run a mile if 20 English skinheads ran at them!

The CD's, purses, clothing, etc etc etc are copies in Thailand, ripped-off from creative designers.....and now even the gangsters are so lacking in creativity and self confidence that they even copy this ridiculousness Korean production stunt...thinking it is just so cool..putting untold innocent people in jeopardy. Shameful !!!!

And if you're going to copy something, copy something good, certainly not third-rate Korean rubbish. Let me see, Robert DeNiro or some Korean nobody who looks like Butterball from the Hellraiser movies?

That Korean third rate rubbish just achieved Guinness World record for most 'liked' video in Youtube history.

Here are people who like Korean nobody

[media]

[/media]

http://www.guinnessw...-history-44977/

Korean Pop Superstar 'PSY' has already achieved quite a lot with his video for 'Gangnam style', and now he can add a Guinness World Record to that list.

'Gangnam Style', which has only been available to view since the 15th of July, has been 'liked' in excess of 2,141,758 times, making it the most liked video in YouTube history.

The closest competitors for most liked video on YouTube include LMFAO's 'Party Rock Anthem' (1,574,963 likes), Justin's Bieber's 'Baby' (1,327,147 likes) and Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep' (1,245,641 likes).

PSY (real name: Park Jae-Sang) is a South Korean singer, songwriter, and rapper. 'Gangnam Style', his most successful single to date, is the most viewed K-Pop video on YouTube.

This also marks the first time a South Korean artist has topped the iTunes charts.

Dan Barrett, Guinness World Records Community Manager, comments, 'Having been the "Have you seen this?!" video of the last two months across the web, it's great to be able to award a record for this tremendously popular video. In years past it was unthinkable that something would be viewed a hundred million times, and now "Gangnam Style" has achieved more than twice this figure in just 3 months on YouTube.'

GANGNAM STYLE Flash Mob BANGKOK

Edited by HaruHaru

It is bad ass enough for Caucasians to attempt to act like dis-advantaged American Black Youths ... but I thought Thais would have more taste. Why anyone wants to immitate poor Black Americans is beyond me. Could it be that a bunch of Coked up, isanely drunk on alcoholc beverages, heroin injected homosexual deviants are pumping out marketing for music, clothing, jewellery, car/motorcycle sales? No ... I don't (burp) believe that is the case ...

Gangnam Style fails to top UK singles chart

23 September 2012 BBC News Entertainment & Art

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-19692730

South Korean singer Psy has missed out on scoring the first K-pop UK number one single after being held off by The Script and Example.

Psy's track Gangnam Style has become a global phenomenon and the video featuring his famous horse-riding dance is YouTube's most "liked" of all time.

Last week's number 37, it climbed 34 places to three but failed to knock The Script's Hall of Fame from the top.

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg also made his UK chart debut at number 143.

The Liberal Democrat leader gave permission for a spoof apology song - Nick Clegg Says I'm Sorry - to be released as a single by satirical website

The track only went on sale on Friday, which could explain its position just inside the top 150.

All profits from the song will go to charity.

Gangnam craze

South London rapper Example's new entry Say Nothing went straight in at number two, with Gangnam Style finishing just 1,700 copies behind.

Sales of the K-pop star's single increased by a staggering 446 per cent this week.

The UK release date was brought forward by several weeks after the video notched up more than 253 million views over the last two months.

The Official Charts company said sales were showing no sign of slowing down so Psy could still stand a chance of topping next week's chart.

Around 10 million new people each day are watching Psy's dance moves, but back home in South Korea the 34-year-old has already produced six albums and is an established star.

Other new entries this week include Dappy with Good Intentions at 12 and The Only Way is Essex's Jessica Wright scored a top 40 debut with her single Dance All Night.

Conor Maynard's Turn Around jumped 20 places to 18, while Justin Bieber rose 14 places to 30 with his track As Long As You Love Me featuring Big Sean.

Triumphant return

In the album charts, The Killers' new release Battle Born has landed them their fourth UK number one.

They previously topped the chart with Hot Fuss in 2004, Sam's Town in 2006 and 2008's Day & Age.

The Las Vegas band's return is the third fastest-selling album of 2012 so far, having sold 94,000 copies, behind Lana Del Rey's Born To Die and Emeli Sande's Our Version Of Events - which remains at number five.

the U.K. Top 40 Singles Chart

http://www.bbc.co.uk...1/chart/singles

Edited by HaruHaru

Google’s Schmidt Horses Around With Psy

By Evan Ramstad / Wall Street Journal

September 27, 2012

OB-UT137_psyeri_DV_20120927053114.jpg

Psy shows Google chairman Eric Schmidt how to become a YouTube sensation Thursday. The Korean pop star showed up for a Google employee meeting at the company’s Seoul office, which Mr. Schmidt and other U.S. executives were visiting. (Photo: Google Korea)

Google Inc. Chairman Eric Schmidt came to South Korea to meet executives at the biggest makers of Android smartphones – Samsung Electronics Co. and LG Electronics Co. – but wound up also getting a dance lesson from Psy, whose “Gangnam Style” video and song became an international hit through Google’s YouTube.

Psy (or Park Jae-sang as his parents called him) showed up at the company’s Seoul office as Mr. Schmidt conducted an all-hands videoconference for employees in Asia. Screams and cheers were heard on the speakers as Google employees reacted to his arrival.

He spoke with Mr. Schmidt about the viral effect of the “Gangnam Style” video. And then, he showed Mr. Schmidt how to do the now-famous horse-riding dance that became the signature image of the video. About a half-dozen Google employees joined in. (Google’s Seoul office is in the heart of Gangnam, coincidentally.)

As of Thursday afternoon, Psy’s “Gangnam Style” video is at 291 million views on YouTube since its release in mid-July. Psy returned to South Korea earlier this week after a promotional tour in the U.S.

At a news conference before the meeting, Mr. Schmidt described how Psy’s success is an example of how YouTube is being used for more than just young musicians who are trying to break into the business.

“With K-pop, we had a whole industry of extraordinarily high quality music that was largely not available outside of Japan and Korea and a couple other countries. YouTube made it mainstream and global,” Mr. Schmidt said. “I think there will be many other such breakouts and such great talents. I think the story here is not really about YouTube or Google. It’s about the fact that there is a amazing talent all around the world that could not be discovered before and that now has a global audience, which the talent can benefit from financially, with recognition, lifestyle et cetera.”

Reporters pressed Mr. Schmidt to disclose his plans to meet with South Korea’s cellphone manufacturers. Samsung, LG and Pantech Co. are among the leading makers of Android-based phones. Samsung, by far the biggest, has been a chief target of Apple Inc.’s litigation contending that Android violates some of its smartphone and tablet patents.

“I’m meeting with all of the key vendors, along with Andy, for all the obvious reasons,” Mr. Schmidt said, referring to Andy Rubin, chief developer for Android, who was also visiting Seoul.

Mr. Schmidt, in response to a question about the arrest and release of Google’s country manager in Brazil over political videos on YouTube that authorities say violate the country’s election laws, said the issue of what’s acceptable discourse on the Internet is not faced by the company alone.

“I would say that the Internet is more and more embroiled in these issues. And Google has a fairly clear view of this, which is that we believe the answer to bad speech is more speech,” Mr. Schmidt said.

He noted Google works with governments around the world on compliance with local regulations.

Google also used Mr. Schmidt’s trip to introduce the company’s Nexus 7 tablet computer to South Korea. The device will go on sale this week at a price of 299,000 won, or about $267.

http://blogs.wsj.com...round-with-psy/