Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page In Pattaya For Worthy Cause

webfact

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page in Pattaya for worthy cause

By Staff Reporter

leo3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Jesters celebratory fund-raiser, takes place on Saturday at the Amari Orchid Pattaya.

Giving his time to a worthy cause, Jimmy Page, of the legendary band Led Zeppelin, is personally donating an acoustic guitar for auction on what promises to be a Gala Party night including a sit-down international buffet dinner with complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks and live entertainment. and,once again, its a sold out event!

Little surprise as the entertainers for the evening have a musical pedigree that would qualify them for the”crufts of the music world” with such musicians as Len Tuckey, who in addition to managing Slade was also the lead guitarist, and ex husband of Suzie Quatro, ( and co write of some of her best songs), Tony Stevens, whose hits with Foghat are legendary and Bob Lamb who, as the drummer with Steve Gibbons, also went on to discover UB40 and Duran Duran.

Their impromptu band, BBLT, incorporates the vocal skills of US Artist Brian Thomas to create one of the best music sounds ever heard in the city.

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...r-worthy-cause/

-- pattaya103.com 2012-09-22

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

No blagging please, that would be disrespectful as its for charity, besides it's a sit down event and you would stand out like a sore thumb and more than likely asked to leave. Suggest you check in the Pattaya Mail or on the care for kids website for the organisers numbers, there may be a few spare tickets due to no shows.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect App

No blagging please, that would be disrespectful as its for charity, besides it's a sit down event and you would stand out like a sore thumb and more than likely asked to leave. Suggest you check in the Pattaya Mail or on the care for kids website for the organisers numbers, there may be a few spare tickets due to no shows.

When I said blagging, I meant blagging my way in by paying on the door...

I contacted Debs at Care For Kids and they have put me on a small waiting list for tickets. They will call if any become available. Gutted I missed this. Ah well, hopefully Jimmy will be back next year.

When I said blagging, I meant blagging my way in by paying on the door...

I contacted Debs at Care For Kids and they have put me on a small waiting list for tickets. They will call if any become available. Gutted I missed this. Ah well, hopefully Jimmy will be back next year.

Let's hope you are lucky then :)

So, a lot of old has-beens are coming to Pattaya. And this is news? LOL.

Jimmy Page a has-been? Obviously you don 't keep up with musical news; he is still dong great and extensive work; and still looked upon as a musical giant among the newer brigade.

• Like 1

Jimmy Page a has-been? Obviously you don 't keep up with musical news; he is still dong great and extensive work; and still looked upon as a musical giant among the newer brigade.

In fact, amidst all those Pattaya residents he might even stand out as being of the younger generation ! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Jimmy Page is a genius, a guitar god, and will forever be a major influence for all rock and roll musicians, young and old. Having said that, his own new musical output has been irrelevant since Led Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door. (OK, his solo on The Honeydrippers' version of Sea of Love was brilliant.)

...sorry......what is the 'worth cause'....did I skim past it......

The Jesters "Care for Kids" charity has been around for years. They actually donate all the money for the children. There are NO administration costs, period. It is the only charity I have contributed to for many years. And yes Mr. Page will be there as he was last year. This is a great charity, and all of you should get on the band wagon. Check out the Jesters website, that is if you have time.
  • Like 1

Jimmy Page is a genius, a guitar god, and will forever be a major influence for all rock and roll musicians, young and old. Having said that, his own new musical output has been irrelevant since Led Zeppelin's In Through The Out Door. (OK, his solo on The Honeydrippers' version of Sea of Love was brilliant.)

LZ was Jimmy Pages baby, he has been wandering around like a lost puppy for the last 32 years.

Lets consider his output in that time, a couple of albums with a couple of decent tracks.

The unledded tour from a good few years ago.

The touring with The Black Crowes from a few years ago.

Thats it, IMHO based on the above he certainly wouldnt be considered a "rock god"

So I would love to know of the "great and extensive work" he is now undertaking, perhaps I have missed something.

I agree with the above poster regarding his output post LZ.

Led Zeppelin Guitar sells for record amount at Jesters Charity evening in Pattaya

winner.jpg

Pattaya; the Amari Hotel provided an excellent venue for the Jesters 2012 finale and a chance to bid on a guitar that was donated by Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page

After a year in which the Jesters raised record sums for their Care for Kids campaign, the annual finale was held on Saturday night at the Amari Hotel, with a sumptuous buffet followed by excellent music, and an auction which included fabulous prizes.

But it was the last item that everyone was waiting for.

Woody, one of the key organisers, is a personal friend of one of the greatest rock musicians of our era, Jimmy Page formerly of Iconic group Led Zeppelin and in a gesture designed to raise the roof on bidding, he donated a personally signed guitar to the event.

Bidding was furious to start with and it very much looked as if it was going to settle in the 250,00 baht range until a battle commenced between two gentlemen whose music tastes were obviously similar. When bids hit 300, 000 there were gasps around the room and it went very very silent. The two bidder dueled around the 350 mark and finally one had had enough and raised the tempo to a massive 400k..

But there was more and more dueling until one victor rose to collect his prize, for a fabulous 420,000 baht.

--pattaya103.com 2012-09-23

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Led Zeppelin Guitar sells for record amount at Jesters Charity evening in Pattaya

winner.jpg

Pattaya; the Amari Hotel provided an excellent venue for the Jesters 2012 finale and a chance to bid on a guitar that was donated by Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page

After a year in which the Jesters raised record sums for their Care for Kids campaign, the annual finale was held on Saturday night at the Amari Hotel, with a sumptuous buffet followed by excellent music, and an auction which included fabulous prizes.

But it was the last item that everyone was waiting for.

Woody, one of the key organisers, is a personal friend of one of the greatest rock musicians of our era, Jimmy Page formerly of Iconic group Led Zeppelin and in a gesture designed to raise the roof on bidding, he donated a personally signed guitar to the event.

Bidding was furious to start with and it very much looked as if it was going to settle in the 250,00 baht range until a battle commenced between two gentlemen whose music tastes were obviously similar. When bids hit 300, 000 there were gasps around the room and it went very very silent. The two bidder dueled around the 350 mark and finally one had had enough and raised the tempo to a massive 400k..

But there was more and more dueling until one victor rose to collect his prize, for a fabulous 420,000 baht.

--pattaya103.com 2012-09-23

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

The guy who won the bid for the guitar was sitting at the table next to me and it was a great bidding process. I had a couple of buddies who went up to 300,000 and stood down and watched as these two others went for it. Was a great evening with a lot

of great friends!

Jimmy was not able to attend as he was too busy to get here this year. He'll be accepting an award at the Kennedy Center later this year as well. The video of Jimmy signing the guitar and playing it a bit can be found on youtube.

That is a great amount of money raised and that extra 420k really helped. Good on Jimmy and everyone else who helped organize and attended the event.

Always nice to read a good story of people here in Pattaya helping the under privileged. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Duh. Jimmy Page is one of the immortals. He was, is, and always will be; therefore, he can never be a has-been.

Try to resist marketers determining your thinking.

• Like 1

In fact, amidst all those Pattaya residents he might even stand out as being of the younger generation ! thumbsup.gif

LOL. 99%+ of people in Pattaya are younger than Jimmy Page.