Dates For 2013 Songkran In Pattaya ?

Baloo22

I've read that the "standard" dates for the 2013 Sonkran celebrations are 13 through 15 April. But, I understand that Pattaya has different dates for it. What are the dates for Pattaya's 2013 Songkran? I'm talking about the bucket of water in the face events.

Thanks in advance!

In Pattaya it always runs from 12th to 19th April. 19th April being the wettest day. I always escape from Pattaya during Songkran...

Yes.

Last year I escaped it, this year stocked up before hand and mostly stayed in.

Might take a trip to a neighbouring country next year.

It's much too early for the annual HATE SONGRAN thread. Let's restrain ourselves for now, please. The time will come, never fear, when we do it all again. I'll update the Songkran FAQ.

I'm not trying to start a hate anything thread. I've been told that the dates of the celebration are different for Pattaya than in Bangkok. I want to confirm that and know the dates for the celebration in each city, Pattaya and Bangkok. That's it.

• Like 1

It's much too early for the annual HATE SONGRAN thread. Let's restrain ourselves for now, please. The time will come, never fear, when we do it all again. I'll update the Songkran FAQ.

I'm not trying to start a hate anything thread. I've been told that the dates of the celebration are different for Pattaya than in Bangkok. I want to confirm that and know the dates for the celebration in each city, Pattaya and Bangkok. That's it.

Well it's easy to figure out.

Find out ALL the songkran dates of ALL city's, districts and sub districts in every province of Thailand.

Lineup all those dates and add 1 day before the first date you could find and one day after the last date you could find and you will have the exact Pattaya dates and period.

At the same time you will have found the reason why there occur hate threads each year.

I know. I'm speaking in general, not to you specifically.

Don't they do that in Cambodia too? I know for sure it's celebrated in Laos and Myanmar.

sent from my Android phone

Yes they do. 220 people were killed in Phnom Phenn alone last year. It was big news but I think different days then Thailand. Dam_n now I have to hit Google up again.

• 1 month later...

Don't they do that in Cambodia too? I know for sure it's celebrated in Laos and Myanmar.

sent from my Android phone

Yes they do. 220 people were killed in Phnom Phenn alone last year. It was big news but I think different days then Thailand. Dam_n now I have to hit Google up again.

I believe thats a different festival at a different time of year. But your right a lot of people were killed during a stampede on a bridge a couple of years back sad.png

Songkran Pattaya 2013 from January 1st until December 31st and the climax is on April 19 and 20th

Wrong, thankfully it is only 13th to 19th April that is Songkran, 1 Jan to Dec 31st is the silly season in Pattaya, like every year.

Edited by Basil B

• 4 months later...

Another one!!! Go away if you have nothing of value to contribute to this thread!

Another one!!! Go away if you have nothing of value to contribute to this thread!

Old thread. We have an whole thread about Songkran now, and I contributed the FAQ itself.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/626297-2013-pattaya-songkran-faq/

As the mods have said, please put your comments there.

And your contribution is?