KRS1

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghandi was asked, "What is your opinion of American civilisation?"

His reply: "I think that would be a very good idea"

Lovely jubbly, you know it makes sense. wink.png

Are you suggesting that Gandhi was British or merely that he visited Pattaya. Please, i implore you, try to keep on topic!

Certainly was not a Brit and he pretty much despised us. Think that I saw him in Pattaya though, just the once.

Are you suggesting that Gandhi was British or merely that he visited Pattaya. Please, i implore you, try to keep on topic!

To Dufus numbers ! and 2 the quote was Western civilization not American. India was not an American colony for those who forgot.bah.gif

The quote was Western civilisation oh illiterate one. I guess you need to be reminded Ghandi had a problem with Brits not Yanks.smile.png

Don't know why he did not like us we were spiffing chaps.

The quote was Western civilisation oh illiterate one. I guess you need to be reminded Ghandi had a problem with Brits not Yanks.smile.png

Perhaps it was the millions of his countrymen who starved?

Perhaps it was the millions of his countrymen who starved?

Well we could not be expected to feed everybody because we were very busy pillaging at the time.Talk about ungrateful!

• Like 2

I still dont know what the hell a Toodle pip is.

It means goodbye

I cant see myself saying that to someone at a bar upon closing.

You setting me up for a black eye? ermm.gif

Depends on what sort of bar you drink in!!

Can confirm that toodle pip means goodbye. TTFN. ta ta for now.

Ok guys, let us all chill.

I don't think any body means to bash anyone else in this thread, and I think people are taking things the wrong way.

That's the problem with having a British sense of humour. Non-Brits think we're taking all this seriously and becoming offended. We're not. We're just taking the piss...

Seriously??

dam_n...... I've missed out on all the fun, cos my internet connection has gone T-U...... Glad to see you're still trying to educate the colonials, Bangkokrick.... get them talking properly...... Where's professor Higgins when you need him??? Just joking.... I've been trying to play catch-up with all the posts.... I am sorry to see that someone gave themselves a wedgie over my previous posts.... Nothing was said in anyway seriously, and maybe (just maybe) if you read the Brits' contributions in here, you might unserstand a bit more about our sense of humour...... but you'll have to try hard.

I don't think any body means to bash anyone else in this thread, and I think people are taking things the wrong way.

That's the problem with having a British sense of humour. Non-Brits think we're taking all this seriously and becoming offended. We're not. We're just taking the piss...

Seriously??

No - I was just taking the piss...

• Like 1

dam_n...... I've missed out on all the fun, cos my internet connection has gone T-U...... Glad to see you're still trying to educate the colonials, Bangkokrick.... get them talking properly...... Where's professor Higgins when you need him??? Just joking.... I've been trying to play catch-up with all the posts.... I am sorry to see that someone gave themselves a wedgie over my previous posts.... Nothing was said in anyway seriously, and maybe (just maybe) if you read the Brits' contributions in here, you might unserstand a bit more about our sense of humour...... but you'll have to try hard.

Doing my best Rob, but it's an uphill climb. Good to see you back.

Seriously??

Oh yes..... we take our urology very seriously... coffee1.gif

Seriously??

No - I was just taking the piss...

Realy? cheesy.gif

Doing my best Rob, but it's an uphill climb. Good to see you back.

Well done..... I think some folk misunderestimate our sense of humour...... (there's a wee quote from geedubbya for the yanks!!). Maybe time to go for the real culture shock, and introduce them to Frankie Boyle and Billy Connolly....

Did the Poms give us James Bond ... Agent 007 ??

The Yanks gave us ...

oh, yes, Get Smart ... goof.gif

Mostly any movie or TV show produced outside of the USA is garbage. That is why AMERICAN made movies are famous WORLD WIDE, Australians and brits havent had an international blockbuster film such as Star Wars, Toy STory or Avatar ever......

Now we see Thaland copying all american TV shows=The Voice, Thailands Got Talent, etc......

V for Vendetta is the best brittish film ever made next up is clockwork orange...

Actually 'The Voice' is a dutch concept and as travelmann wrote ...

Oh dear.... you dont watch much do you?

Isnt Thailands got Talent a spin off from the Uks Simon Cowells program ( again crap imo)

But I agree that the Americans are far better at 'blockbusters' and also produce other v good films.

The Hollywood Film Makers, as does Bollywood, produce formulatic films that appeal to popcorn eating pubescent boys.

Often, the real money is made with the merchandising by-product ... think Happy Meals and the like.

But let's not denegrate the poor ole' Septics but celebrate what made the ole' Empire great.

Sir David Frederick Attenborough OM, CH, CVO, CBE, FRS, FZS, FSA

He still invades my Television Set ... love that voice, even if he doesn't do the field work like he did in his youth ... he is 86 after all!

Edited by David48

^^ I'm not even a Brit ... though can admire talent and freely acknowledge it yet still keep a strong sense of pride in my nation.

What I am surprised is that no-one to date has listed the literary talent that the Brits have produced over the years..

i can once remember showing a yank round our welding shop,

saying this is our new plamer cutter,,,,,he said we have 2 of them,

i said this is the state of the ark welding machine,,,,,again we have 2 of them,,

later i was in the toilet having a piss,,,, he came in,, i turned to him and said you dont have to of these fukcers with my dick in my hand,

for him to say,,,,,, no but ive got one twice as big as that,,lolcheesy.gif bastard,,,lol

• Like 1

English ---------------> USA

pyjamas -------------> pajamas --------- Y

moustache ----------> mustache ------ O

colour ---------------> color ------------- U

mollusc ------------> mollusk, ---------- C

encyclopaedia ----> encyclopedia ---- A

bannister ----------> banister ---------- N

carburettor --------> carburetor ------- T

cosy -----------------> cozy -------------- S

sulphur -------------> sulfur ------------ P

enquiry -------------> inquiry ---------- E

fuelling -------------> fueling ---------- L

labelling ------------> labeling --------- L

Coincidence?

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

^^ I'm not even a Brit ... though can admire talent and freely acknowledge it yet still keep a strong sense of pride in my nation.

What I am surprised is that no-one to date has listed the literary talent that the Brits have produced over the years..

Yer mean like the Mrs In Stratford??? although its rumoured she didnt write wot Shakespeare writ?

post-113733-0-15983600-1348524073_thumb.

English ---------------> USA

pyjamas -------------> pajamas --------- Y

moustache ----------> mustache ------ O

colour ---------------> color ------------- U

mollusc ------------> mollusk, ---------- C

encyclopaedia ----> encyclopedia ---- A

bannister ----------> banister ---------- N

carburettor --------> carburetor ------- T

cosy -----------------> cozy -------------- S

sulphur -------------> sulfur ------------ P

enquiry -------------> inquiry ---------- E

fuelling -------------> fueling ---------- L

labelling ------------> labeling --------- L

Coincidence?

You made my day. It drives me nuts when I type simple words here on posts like realise or aeroplane and I get the red line that I'm the one that doesn't know how to spell.

• Like 1