Thaksin Writes To Families Of 2010 'martyrs'

Lite Beer

Thaksin writes to families of 2010 'martyrs'

Praphan Jindalertudomdee,

Pimnara Pradubwit

The Nation on Sunday

BANGKOK: -- Ousted and convicted former premier Thaksin Shinawatra has written two open letters to relatives of people killed in violent protests in mid-2010, claiming that the incidents would be remembered as the most deadly dispersal of protesters in Thai history.

Thaksin added that a report by the People's Information Centre (PIC) - academics and red-shirt sympathisers - entitled "Truth for Justice" reflected on the truth behind the 98 deaths.

He said the protesters who were killed were not terrorists and hoped that it would lead to the prosecution of people who ordered the killings and to justice.

In the second letter, addressed more personally to relatives of those killed, Thaksin referred to people who died as "martyrs".

"I feel grateful for the sacrifice of all martyrs who re-established democracy but met with fate. I insist that I always feel grateful to the debt of honour I owe to all of you and will try to take the best care of the families of everyone," Thaksin wrote.

He said giving all Thais the opportunity to become prosperous was also his goal but he had faced resistance from those who oppose change. "This leads to the political chaos [that persists] up to the present. But I will offer you both my moral support and will stand by you until I die."

Meanwhile, former premier Somchai Wongsawat claimed that two out of three Thais support Thaksin and people should cease opposing his return to Thailand.

Somchai also criticised Kanit na Nakorn, chairman of the Truth for Reconciliation Commission (TRCT), who suggested earlier this week that Thaksin should wash his hands of politics for good. Somchai claimed that Thaksin, his brother-in-law, had "immensely" benefited the country and he felt that those who staged the coup in 2006 to oust Thaksin should apologise for what they did, as they had committed treason.

Somchai said people who did not want Thaksin to return feared him because he was more able than them, claiming that eventually, no one could stop Thaksin from returning if the call by the people became like a wall of water breaking a water bank.

Somchai said those responsible for the more than 90 deaths in 2010 must be brought to justice.

In a related development, Pheu Thai party-list MP Jarupan Kuldiloke claimed the final report by the TRCT was like one he had published a year earlier, and some foreign experts had cast doubt on the accuracy of the number of deaths and injuries noted by the commission.

Jarupan criticised the report as "unprofessional", with the only reliable part being the section on live bullets killing red shirts.

Democrat Party MP Ong-art Klampaiboon said there was still no clarity over what the Yingluck Shinawatra administration would do with the TRCT report. He called on the administration to endorse the report because the Commission was earlier endorsed by her administration. The government should also implement proposals made by the commission in order to achieve national reconciliation, Ong-art said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-23

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about narcissistic and egocentric deranged delusions of grandeur! I think Thaksin needs to seek serious counselling or stop taking the pills. Declaring martyrs and again stirring the pot or dissension. Is there no way to put an end to this crims interference in daily life of Thai's, especially on matters as sensitive as this. There can be no peace in Thailand as long as this fool persists in playing at puppet master.

Yes there is

He said giving all Thais the opportunity to become prosperous was also his goal but he had faced resistance from those who oppose change. "This leads to the political chaos [that persists] up to the present. But I will offer you both my moral support and will stand by you until I die."

Didn't everyone fall for the promise of being made rich before? One can only hope his last vision comes sooner rather than later.

In the recent photo of Thaksin with his adoring Police Lt Col, Thaksin was wearing a smoking jacket and cravat, he reminds me more and more of a James Bond baddie every day.

"He said the protesters who were killed were not terrorists and hoped that it would lead to the prosecution of people who ordered the killings and to justice."

"Somchai said those responsible for the more than 90 deaths in 2010 must be brought to justice."

One person comes to mind but he is too chicken to face up to it.

• Like 2

"He said the protesters who were killed were not terrorists and hoped that it would lead to the prosecution of people who ordered the killings and to justice."

"Somchai said those responsible for the more than 90 deaths in 2010 must be brought to justice."

lots of people come to mind.

And maybe whilst he's at it, he should push for the prosecution of the person who ordered the killings of 2,500 "alledged" drug dealers between 2002 and 2005!! bah.gif

-mel.

Not to mention the Muslim lawyer who was silenced just as he was about to blow the whistle.

has anyone links to the actual letters?

Dear Mrs Somchai,

I am writing to express my gratitude to your husband for dying so that I can get the billions of baht that I stole from the Thai people back.

In the grand scheme of things he was but a pawn but by martyrising himself in such a way in the name of Great Thaksin the Ubergod his name will live on for a little while.

Dear Mrs Somchai,

I am writing to express my gratitude to your husband for dying so that I can get the billions of baht that I stole from the Thai people back.

In the grand scheme of things he was but a pawn but by martyrising himself in such a way in the name of Great Thaksin the Ubergod his name will live on for a little while.

like, like, like rolleyes.gif

you have the charge sheet?

I bet there are a few people on this forum that could arrange for you to be sent a signed original wink.png

i don't get it... genuinely not trolling, i really don't get it?

smile.png I never said you were trolling. I simply said what I said. It wasn't aimed at you. wink.png

Yes they gave their lives for 500 baht a head less the village head 250 baht commission and the wrangler to get them to BKK at 100 baht commission, net they got for their trouble was 150 baht. And if they were front line and got shot the offer was reportedly 5,000 baht. Payment to the families of those who died was reported by Thaksin's mercenaries (men in black) about Baht 1M so in fact these poor farm community people actually gambled a loss of one family member to support the rest of their family! How tragic. I cannot but really feel sorry for these poor uneducated people being brainwashed by this criminal and his cronies, who cares nothing for them, only the accumulation of more wealth and lining his own pockets by skimming their funds into the Thai coffers only to be stolen back again by those supposedly 'representatives of the people'..

Thaksin - to you, you asshol_e - how much is enough and how many more people will you sacrifice in the name of Thaksinomics and self serving democracy? Come back and man up to your sentence you coward!

Edited by asiawatcher
  • Like 2

Every time things seam to settle down a tinny bit, this troll comes out of the woods, sorry, desert and makes noise.

Why can't he just go away, dissapear and be quite. Sitt in a hammock, look at the camels and enjoy his "pension"

He's less Thai then most farang I know living here. I feel, better a farang living in the LOS, moaning about injustice and stupidity in this country than a Thai "Is he even Thai? Definately not at hearth" living abroad, promoting violence and destruction. Even threaten the people with increased violence and civil war if he's not allowed back?

Thaksin - go away, go fishing, plant some lettuce, spend the money you took from the people and SHUT UP!

Edited by JoeLing
  • Like 2

What an absolute piece of vile scum.

I still recall his comments after the Tsunami to the people of the south along the lines of stop your bitching about the aid that we are taking to ever to get to you as you lot didn't vote TRT so why the effort. Absolute vile scum.

• Like 2