Isuzu Dmax 2012 Model Diesel Pickup Truck

sitta

Yeah, not getting all that cheesy stick-on plastic crap, cheap film and hideous plastic chrome trim is a real deal-breaker.

Probably not. But no insurance, that would be a real dealbreaker, indeed.

I liked the d-max, but I walked away based on the bad deal I was being offered.

What is the insurance go

Yeah, not getting all that cheesy stick-on plastic crap, cheap film and hideous plastic chrome trim is a real deal-breaker.

Well, when I consider the cost of the insurance (mine was about 24K) and the cost of the vehicle (mine was 922K) 2-3% just does not seem that significant to me, certainly not enough to persuade me to buy something I liked less.

Heard quite a few complains with the d-max recently.

A friend have leakage problems at the door, and another have problems with the brakes.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

A friend have leakage problems at the door, and another have problems with the brakes.

I’ve had mine about six months and have put 24,000 km on it and have had no problems. So far it’s been great.

I’ve had the last one for three years & six months (so far) and have put 180,000 km on it and have had no trouble with it.

I had the one before that for six years (just sold it) and put 380,000 km on it and had to replace the brakes once and an electronic fuel valve of some kind once.

Isuzu has great service, you should tell your friends to take them back, I’m sure Isuzu will make it right.

I’ve had mine about six months and have put 24,000 km on it and have had no problems. So far it’s been great.

I’ve had the last one for three years & six months (so far) and have put 180,000 km on it and have had no trouble with it.

I had the one before that for six years (just sold it) and put 380,000 km on it and had to replace the brakes once and an electronic fuel valve of some kind once.

Isuzu has great service, you should tell your friends to take them back, I’m sure Isuzu will make it right.

tend to agree with you Dave - they aren't really any cheaper than any other comparable model and after the Toyota, there must be more Isuzu's on the road in TH than any other brand.

What is the insurance go

Well, when I consider the cost of the insurance (mine was about 24K) and the cost of the vehicle (mine was 922K) 2-3% just does not seem that significant to me, certainly not enough to persuade me to buy something I liked less.

Well, it was not that I like less what I have presently (PJS). wink.png To be totally honest, the issue of having a huge pickup in the city was also a factor, and the lack of sweetener to the deal (interest at 2.75 % for a very short period of finance, having to pay for accessories, etc) was the tipping point that make me reject the Isuzu. At that point, rather than buy a carryboy and hike further the total cost, I considered opting for a SUV.

What is the insurance go

Well, it was not that I like less what I have presently (PJS). wink.png To be totally honest, the issue of having a huge pickup in the city was also a factor, and the lack of sweetener to the deal (interest at 2.75 % for a very short period of finance, having to pay for accessories, etc) was the tipping point that make me reject the Isuzu. At that point, rather than buy a carryboy and hike further the total cost, I considered opting for a SUV.

Let's see you carry a ton of sand in your PJS

Let's see you carry a ton of sand in your PJS

That is the point my friend... I don't need to carry a ton of sand in my car. ;) I just need it to drive me around, and occasionally friends, family and luggage.

This being said, and getting back to the subject, I like the pickup and felt good in it, but it was not fit for my use (city driving), and I do not need to do heavy hauling as you seem to think.

To be totally honest, the issue of having a huge pickup in the city was also a factor

So because the pickup was too big you bought a PJS?

I can understand why people buy a SUV like Fortuner or PJS over a pickup, but this reason I don't understand.

To be totally honest, the issue of having a huge pickup in the city was also a factor

I can understand why people buy a SUV like Fortuner or PJS over a pickup, but this reason I don't understand.

Last time I check the PJS is about the same size of Triton? :)

Last time I check the PJS is about the same size of Triton? smile.png

Yes, that's why I don't understand the reasoning.

• Like 1

I met a guy that had an MU7 and a Isuzu truck. He said, '' I told my wife why on earth do you drive the truck, the MU7 is easier for you''

I told him the MU7 is the same as the truck.

Hasn't spoke to me since. sad.png .........................................smile.png

A variety of reasons, as previously mentioned. I mentioned just one (and it was more subjective than something else)... If you want more elements, as I said: did not want to have to buy a carryboy to cover the rear, did not want to be looked at as a farmer by the Thais (and will confess it was also a question of appearances as I am working as an officer in an international company), needed a covered space for my dog's cage in the back, wanted to keep my luggage safe and dry (could have done that with a carryboy, but did not want the additional expense), was worried about the comments of the Isuzu dealer on the frequent theft of this pickup model, lack of OEM alarm system, too few seats.

And lately, this entails no judgement for those who have a pickup in city or even on the Isuzu. I said in another thread it was probably one of the best among the pickups. Just for me, it did not fit the bill owing to a number of factors.

You got me also thinking back a bit about my reasoning at the time... And I recall I was a bit annoyed that I would not be able to throw something behind the rear seats, without having to go and put it in the tray. As you see, mostly subjective reasons, added to the reason that they were not giving anything for free (not exactly the most commercial attitude for me).

Anyway guys... take it easy. No offense intended whatsoever and none taken.clap2.gif

Yeah, I would have rather had the PJS as well, but I have to have a pickup. I think the PJS is a much nicer ride than any of the pickups.

So it sounds like the lack of freebies while annoying, was not really the determining factor. So would you have still picked the PJS without the free stuff? I have to agree, I was a little put out about not getting anything free, but with a new model and the rebate they are selling them as fast as they can build them so not much chance of getting a deal. One dealer actually would not sell the pickup without adding and charging for all the stuff they usually give free.

A variety of reasons, as previously mentioned. I mentioned just one (and it was more subjective than something else)... If you want more elements, as I said: did not want to have to buy a carryboy to cover the rear, did not want to be looked at as a farmer by the Thais (and will confess it was also a question of appearances as I am working as an officer in an international company), needed a covered space for my dog's cage in the back, wanted to keep my luggage safe and dry (could have done that with a carryboy, but did not want the additional expense), was worried about the comments of the Isuzu dealer on the frequent theft of this pickup model, lack of OEM alarm system, too few seats.

And lately, this entails no judgement for those who have a pickup in city or even on the Isuzu. I said in another thread it was probably one of the best among the pickups. Just for me, it did not fit the bill owing to a number of factors.

You got me also thinking back a bit about my reasoning at the time... And I recall I was a bit annoyed that I would not be able to throw something behind the rear seats, without having to go and put it in the tray. As you see, mostly subjective reasons, added to the reason that they were not giving anything for free (not exactly the most commercial attitude for me).

Anyway guys... take it easy. No offense intended whatsoever and none taken.clap2.gif

And those reasons all made sense to me, just the one didn't.

was at isuzu yesterday. They said a15000baht price increase before years end.....Maybe this was to make me make a quick decision.

Do they make anything to replace the x series?...

The Gov rebate will have finished by then, so they can up their price after that.

Currently they are keeping the price on the ISUZU X under the million TB999,000. So as people can get TB100,000 back in 12 Mts, if they purchase in their wife name. Government Rebate not available for Foreigners.

was at isuzu yesterday. They said a15000baht price increase before years end.....Maybe this was to make me make a quick decision.

The Gov rebate will have finished by then, so they can up their price after that.

Currently they are keeping the price on the ISUZU X under the million TB999,000. So as people can get TB100,000 back in 12 Mts, if they purchase in their wife name. Government Rebate not available for Foreigners.

Didn't think the rebate could be had with any truck. sad.png

Wrong, as long as under 1 mio Baht no problem.

Wrong, as long as under 1 mio Baht no problem.

It has to have 4- doors and be under a mill, yes?

It has to have 4- doors and be under a mill, yes?

No, it can be a smart cab.

Full list here for the pickups: https://firstcar.exc...up_19092555.pdf

And here for the cars: https://firstcar.exc...ar_06092555.pdf

The amount of rebate is included in the last column.

Am l right you cannot get the 100,000 with a truck ?

According to that link you are right. Looks like the highest rebate is 20,000 baht.