Advice For Changing Shocks On New Pcx 150

deepsea149

Why do you need to change the shocks on a brand new bike ?blink.png

Stock suspension too soft unless you weight about 50 kgs.

Change to YSS shocks - they will make a huge difference to your ride comfort. Brian at Sumet Cycle will do you a good deal if you're a TV member.

In Pattaya mai thai do a various range, if you google it will bring up yss shocks in Thailand, e mail them and and they will give name address and telephone number of suplliers in your area. example i want yss xxl shocks and there 5800 baht. www.yss.co.th/yss_info.php I also changed stock tyre's to IRC wings which i got delivered from Sumet. MAde a huge difference in road holding

here it is go to contact.

Edited by marstons

In Pattaya mai thai do a various range, if you google it will bring up yss shocks in Thailand, e mail them and and they will give name address and telephone number of suplliers in your area. example i want yss xxl shocks and there 5800 baht. www.yss.co.th/yss_info.php I also changed stock tyre's to IRC wings which i got delivered from Sumet. MAde a huge difference in road holding

As everyone says, YSS shocks are the way to go. But they offer a range of shocks. The best for the PCX is the G-Euro, and you will probably want the XXL, which are designed for a heavier passenger load (- SIZE XL สำหรับน้ำหนัก 70 - 90 Kg. มีสีสปริง CROM & RED

- SIZE XXL สำหรับน้ำหนัห 90 - 110 Kg). In Pattaya, Mai Tai is fine if you don't mind paying almost double what you can get the same thing elsewhere. I used to be a fan of Mai Tai, but they really are a rip off, and sell convenience to lazy customers. GT Rider (owned by Mityon) on Pattaya Tai sells them for B4150, not B5800. The guys that work at GT Rider are great and knowledgeable. If you are in Bangkok, try Likito, where you can get the YSS G-Euro XXL for B3900. I put them on my PCX 125 which has really bad stock shocks, and I am very happy with the improvement. I have not changed the schocks on my PCX 150 because I really haven't seen a problem and someone told me that the shocks on the PCX 150 had been strengthened. I asked at a Honda shop in BKK, and the sales rep said that the parts numbers are different and he "thought" that the PCX 150 shocks were improved and that no buyers had complained or changed the shocks, which was not the case he said with the PCX 125, where many buyers had switched to YSS shocks. So, I would check a bit more before changing the shocks on a PCX 150. But you'll be happy with the YSS G-Euro XXL, no question about that.

As everyone says, YSS shocks are the way to go. But they offer a range of shocks. The best for the PCX is the G-Euro, and you will probably want the XXL, which are designed for a heavier passenger load (- SIZE XL สำหรับน้ำหนัก 70 - 90 Kg. มีสีสปริง CROM & RED

- SIZE XXL สำหรับน้ำหนัห 90 - 110 Kg). In Pattaya, Mai Tai is fine if you don't mind paying almost double what you can get the same thing elsewhere. I used to be a fan of Mai Tai, but they really are a rip off, and sell convenience to lazy customers. GT Rider (owned by Mityon) on Pattaya Tai sells them for B4150, not B5800. The guys that work at GT Rider are great and knowledgeable. If you are in Bangkok, try Likito, where you can get the YSS G-Euro XXL for B3900. I put them on my PCX 125 which has really bad stock shocks, and I am very happy with the improvement. I have not changed the schocks on my PCX 150 because I really haven't seen a problem and someone told me that the shocks on the PCX 150 had been strengthened. I asked at a Honda shop in BKK, and the sales rep said that the parts numbers are different and he "thought" that the PCX 150 shocks were improved and that no buyers had complained or changed the shocks, which was not the case he said with the PCX 125, where many buyers had switched to YSS shocks. So, I would check a bit more before changing the shocks on a PCX 150. But you'll be happy with the YSS G-Euro XXL, no question about that.

Thanks for the info, i dislike Mai Thai also, way to pushy and expensive. Will give GT rider ago. i checked out there location on google and it was not where it was supposed to be. i think i know where it is on Pattaya Tai. On the left going down towards third road if i have it right.

Thanks for the info, i dislike Mai Thai also, way to pushy and expensive. Will give GT rider ago. i checked out there location on google and it was not where it was supposed to be. i think i know where it is on Pattaya Tai. On the left going down towards third road if i have it right.

It is on the left side of Tai going from 3rd Road to Sukumvit. about half way between the two. Watch for a green roof and several PCXs parked out front.

YSS shocks. Reasonable price and sold all over the country....I think!

I agree, and very popular throughout Asia. The other option is, of course, Gazi shocks, which are also reasonably priced and available all over Thailand. Indeed, they can probably be purchased for a few hundred Baht less then the comparable YSS shock. Most reviewers rate the YSS shocks better than the Guzi, but most owners of Guzi shocks seem to be happy with them. Installation of the Guzi shock with the gas cylinder on the side (I don't know the model number) that is comparable to the YSS G-Euro shock requires some cutting of the PCX (probably just trimming the plastic skirt) to get it to fit, which was a non-starter for me. But for the "standard" YSS and Gazi shocks without the gas cylinder, both are probably good options.

I agree, and very popular throughout Asia. The other option is, of course, Gazi shocks, which are also reasonably priced and available all over Thailand. Indeed, they can probably be purchased for a few hundred Baht less then the comparable YSS shock. Most reviewers rate the YSS shocks better than the Guzi, but most owners of Guzi shocks seem to be happy with them. Installation of the Guzi shock with the gas cylinder on the side (I don't know the model number) that is comparable to the YSS G-Euro shock requires some cutting of the PCX (probably just trimming the plastic skirt) to get it to fit, which was a non-starter for me. But for the "standard" YSS and Gazi shocks without the gas cylinder, both are probably good options.

Maybe you could help me with something on my PCX. The plastic top piece of the rear grab handle is secured with 2 screws and 3 clips. After removing the 2 screws what's the best way to undo the clips? I squeezed the rear one over the tail lamp with bent jewelers pliers and got a little movement. But the other 2 seem inaccessible. I don't want to break anything unnecessarily. They are #18 on diagram. Clues?

post-63954-0-59392000-1349018553_thumb.p

PCX Parts Diagram.pdf

Maybe you could help me with something on my PCX. The plastic top piece of the rear grab handle is secured with 2 screws and 3 clips. After removing the 2 screws what's the best way to undo the clips? I squeezed the rear one over the tail lamp with bent jewelers pliers and got a little movement. But the other 2 seem inaccessible. I don't want to break anything unnecessarily. They are #18 on diagram. Clues?

After you remove the screws, the plastic top piece should just come off (release from the clips) with a firm pull. After I removed the screws, I removed the plastic top piece on my PCX125 with just a tug. I had a rear bar/back rest installed on my PCX150 and holes needed to be drilled in the plastic top piece. The Honda mechanic just removed the screws and pulled the plastic top piece off, standing behind the bike and grabing the top piece between the grab handle and the seat. When finished, the plastic top piece is just layed in place and pushed down with the palm of your hand until it snaps back into the clips. If in doubt, I am sure that any mechanic will take it off for you for B20.

Thanks for the advice Thailaw.

I need to disassemble the grabhandle to see if there is a better way to add mounts, that's custom made mounts (arms) for my topbox. The standard Honda mount doesn't appeal to me. Plus it's a bit too far forward for a topbox with backrest.

Thanks for the advice Thailaw.

I need to disassemble the grabhandle to see if there is a better way to add mounts, that's custom made mounts (arms) for my topbox. The standard Honda mount doesn't appeal to me. Plus it's a bit too far forward for a topbox with backrest.

I had the same problem about 6 months ago. I did not like the plastic box mount that the Honda dealer sells. I think it is made by Givi. I got a metal rear rack (not ideal, but better I think than the plastic mount; Likito sells then in BKK and GT Rider sells them in Pattaya), but could not see how to install it as it did not come with instructions. I was told that the bottom metal part of the grab handle had to be removed and the rear rack installed to the underside of the grab handle. I did not like that as the grab handle would be very weak without the metal underside, so I had it mounted to the top. The mechanic cut 4 spacers and cut 4 holes in the plastic grab handle cover, and bolted it into 4 threaded already in the metal partof the grab handle. You can see 4 circles on the underside of the plastic grab handle cover where the nholes are to be cut. I started a thread with pictures ("Pcx Tail Rack -- How To Install"), and you can see what I did there. It is not perfect, but pretty good, and much better than removing the bottom of the grab handle.

• 1 year later...

Dear all,

just yesterday sold/traded my PCX 150 2012 for a FORZA, dealer asked for original trim, so I have now 2 YSS XXL shocks and after market seat(black/red) for sale which just installed - both only 1 week used(receipt). YSS XXL THB 3000 (new 5.200) and seat THB 1.000 (new 1.800).

Just send me PM if interested.

Cheers Mr.J

Edited by MrJ

• 1 year later...

Just an update - today I saw G-Plus YSS shocks hanging in a shop, the price for those was 3500 (near Samrong = soi between Srinakarin road and Imperial); seems the prices are getting sweeter, not sure if it's worth the upgrade from the Hybrid.

Any feedback from the old PCX hands in here? or did you all upgrade to Forza's already? smile.png))))

• 1 year later...

Hello.

I bought and installed YSS shocks XXL on my PCX 150 (2013) - but instead of comfortable riding I start feeling all bumps on the road. Actually it was much more comfortable to ride with original absorbers.
Next day I asked Honda service to replace XXL to XL (Shocks Absorber Gaz YSS G-Euro Chrome). But I still do not feel any difference in comfort.

Does YSS Shocks Absorber require a special tuning or it need a few days of driving?

Please advise.

14971621.jpg

Edited by rbrazhnyk

I think the problem some had with the stock shocks on the PCX, was that they were too soft for the larger farang type of person. As a result the shocks would bottom out when riding over speed bumps etc.

The solution was to install shocks where this didn't happen. This will invariably mean that the shocks are stiffer and harder to bottom out. Not a problem if you are a larger person.

So the question must be how heavy are you? If you are not heavy then you probably didn't need to change them in the first place.

Stiffer shocks though do give more positive feedback on the road, while some people might like this, others may not.

I have no idea if the shocks you bought have different settings or not.

macknife, thanks for the reply. My weight is 80kg. I changed 3 types of YSS shock absorbers (G-Euro XXL, G-Euro XL and now I have G-series L-14) - and all of them decrease comfort level of riding. I bought YSS in the big accessories store at Kaeo Nawarat rd, next to the Honda service. Sellers were not very happy with replacing the shocks, but they did so at least.

My guess that shocks just need to be adjusted properly, but Honda mechanics just put those on the scooter, charge me (each time) and tell me that I should be happy. I am going to visit local mechanics and ask them to adjust the shocks - hope they know what to do.

Edited by seedy
Font

3 hours ago, rbrazhnyk said:

Thanks, for your replies!

GARYZX6R, not sure shocks can get softer with use though.

That's from other users on pcx worldwide forum. You can also buy a yss cartridge kit for the front forks to make them work more efficient.

DELETED

Edited by seedy
FLAMING

• 3 weeks later...

I got a set of YSS XL, and I go everywhere with my wife. I am 95kg, and she is a large Thai girl of 77kg. So that is 172kg on the bike, and it does not bottom out on speed bumps or any potholes. The bike is firmer and handles great now.

Made a massive difference compared to standard shocks. I could have gone to the XXL, but the owner of the shop told us these would be okay. This is on a PCX 150, 2016 model.