Patong Immigration Office To Reopen?

tolsti

I will do my report in Phuket anyway. Much friendlier people there smile.png

I have to agree with you on that point. Patong always seemed to need a bit of tea money to even do your 90 day report... And that's about all they could do anyway!

immigration is willing to open a satellite office 15 mins drive from the main office! i lived in ko phangan for 7 years and like every other farang on the island had to haul my butt over to samui for 90 day reports and everything else. basically, a whole day and 500 baht wasted.

immigration is willing to open a satellite office 15 mins drive from the main office! i lived in ko phangan for 7 years and like every other farang on the island had to haul my butt over to samui for 90 day reports and everything else. basically, a whole day and 500 baht wasted.

Could have done 90 days by post. Everything else probably not.

What has this to do with Phuket immigration ?

About the Patong office, don't get excited yet as it is highly unlikely that this will open before the end of the year.

The renovation is far from finished and secondly not one of the officers wants to work at the Patong office.

• 5 months later...

Anybody have any recent news about the Patong Immy office?

Was supposedly re-opening late last year, but so far nothing. Any updates?

Still the same as my comments before.

Renovation is not done, like no water or plumbing.

Also don't have a spare officer as Phuket Town immigration is still understaffed after some officers went with retirement.

Besides this not one of the officers is really willing to work in Patong.

Therefore don't expect happening anything soon.

• 2 months later...

Popped in today to do my 90 day report. Short wait while 2 other people were being sorted out but once I got to the desk it all took about 5 minutes. Very friendly, no photocopy charge and a cheery good bye with the exhortation to '' tell your friends we are here and they can come to us''

As I am a bit of a 'Billy no mates'.... I'll tell you lot instead ! thumbsup.gif

Edited by tolsti

Popped in today to do my 90 day report. Short wait while 2 other people were being sorted out but once I got to the desk it all took about 5 minutes. Very friendly, no photocopy charge and a cheery good bye with the exhortation to '' tell your friends we are here and they can come to us''

As I am a bit of a 'Billy no mates'.... I'll tell you lot instead ! thumbsup.gif

I always wondered why they want a photocopy of your passport in Patong, but never in Phuket for you 90 day. I was just at Phuket Immigration today for my one year extension, a re-entry and my 90 day. I would have been done in 15 minutes if it didn't take the head officer 30 minutes to sign my extension. But honestly, I have no clue how she deals with all that paperwork, phones calls and talking to staff and others all day...

PHUKET: Phuket Immigration’s Tourist Service Point in Patong re-opened on Thursday to a flurry of activity, with about 20 expats and tourists taking advantage of the immigration services provided.

“Most of them came to do their 90-day resident reporting and for extensions to permits-to-stay,” said Patong Immigration’s Capt Angkarn Yasanop, who now heads the office with a staff of five.

The office, located on Thaweewong Road next to the Patong Tourist Police Volunteers office [map here], was expected to re-open 18 months ago, but unforeseen complications in carrying out renovations caused lengthy delays (story here).

Now, the office is open 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.

“We provide 90-day resident reporting and permit-to-stay extensions, and we receive notifications of foreigners committing offenses in the area,” Capt Angkarn said.

“Hotels and other guest accommodation establishments can also submit their daily reports of guest check-ins here instead of travelling to the main Immigration office in Phuket Town,” he added.

“If you have any questions, please stop by our office. We can also be reached at 076-340477,” Capt Angkarn said.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-Immigration-Tourist-Service-Point-opens-in-Patong-21350.html

Note above BOLD,..... extensions to permits-to-stay

so can we do our retirement extensions in Patong???

BUT have to go top PHuket ot get a re-entry permit?

Edited by phuketrichard

PHUKET: Phuket Immigration’s Tourist Service Point in Patong re-opened on Thursday to a flurry of activity, with about 20 expats and tourists taking advantage of the immigration services provided.

“Most of them came to do their 90-day resident reporting and for extensions to permits-to-stay,” said Patong Immigration’s Capt Angkarn Yasanop, who now heads the office with a staff of five.

The office, located on Thaweewong Road next to the Patong Tourist Police Volunteers office [map here], was expected to re-open 18 months ago, but unforeseen complications in carrying out renovations caused lengthy delays (story here).

“We provide 90-day resident reporting and permit-to-stay extensions, and we receive notifications of foreigners committing offenses in the area,” Capt Angkarn said.

“Hotels and other guest accommodation establishments can also submit their daily reports of guest check-ins here instead of travelling to the main Immigration office in Phuket Town,” he added.

“If you have any questions, please stop by our office. We can also be reached at 076-340477,” Capt Angkarn said.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-Immigration-Tourist-Service-Point-opens-in-Patong-21350.html

No you can not do the long term ( Retirement, Marriage etc ) extensions in Patong.

The following can be done in Patong.

TR60, VOA 13/30 extension. ( 7 day )

90 Day reporting

Re-entry permit

Proof of residency.

All other things have to be done in Phuket town.

No you can not do the long term ( Retirement, Marriage etc ) extensions in Patong.

90 Day reporting

Re-entry permit

Proof of residency.

Seems Odd that you can get a reentry permit TM 8 yet they won't do TM7's For most they go hand hand, you get the extension and then the reenhty permit.

Will there be copy/pic services as in Saphan Hin.

90 Day reporting

Re-entry permit

Proof of residency.

Seems Odd that you can get a reentry permit TM 8 yet they won't do TM7's For most they go hand hand, you get the extension and then the reenhty permit.

It is not strange at all.

Yes they do TM7 extension but only for short term stay. ( TR60 and VOA )

Long term extensions ( Marriage, retirement etc ) can not be done in Patong as they don't have the appropriate staff for that and most of those extension applications have to be send to Bangkok or Had Yai for final approval.

They have a copy machine in the office ( not free i believe ) but no picture service for so far i know.

Yes, photo copy shop under the office.

The photo copy shop under the office is for Phuket Town and not for Patong office as discussed here.

Yes, photo copy shop under the office.

Sorry, I read that wrong. Patong Immigration has photocopier in their office.