Thailand Wants To Be The Kitchen For A Hungry World, Yingluck Says In U S

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yingluck also attended a dinner hosted by US President Barack Obama where she spoke briefly with the president on the 180th anniversary of Thai-US diplomatic relations"

Briefly? At a dinner specifically celebrating Thai-US relations? Obama avoiding her?

"She told Obama that Thailand was ready to cooperate with the US as a strategic partner and increase people-to-people relations."

It's too bad NASA is not a person. Strategic....only if China gives permission for said cooperation. Brief? No wonder.

I think Obama only gave her a few minutes to see if he could get a Thai lap dance.

So i guess all the bashers think the PM of Thailand should just stay home and not attend a dinner with the President of the US and other world leaders or try and pitch whatever products she can pitch? Would that make all of the thai visa keyboard warriors happy??

At least if she stayed home she wouldn't embarrass herself. "Other world leaders", Yingluck? That's really a stretch. Yingluck doesn't qualify as a world leader. World leaders come from first world countries, not corrupt third world countries.

Obviously the president of the united states doesn't much agree with you or they would not have invited her.

The meeting was attended, in addition to the United States, by representatives from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, India, Japan, South Korea, Thailand,Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates

Edited by pomchop

I have to comment.

With 1 exception, 49 posts of miserable negativity.

What is wrong with you all ??

Quite astonishing, but I guess you all deserve each other.

Don't bother responding, I won't read it.

I guess red glasses are sold out.

BTW, my comment was positive.

"BTW, my comment was positive."
Let's have a look at that claim shall we

And Thaksin will provide recipes on how to cook major corruption deals.
cheesy.gif

All I can say is you have an interesting concept of what a "positive" comment is, as unsuprising as that fact is
coffee1.gif

"Yingluck also attended a dinner hosted by US President Barack Obama where she spoke briefly with the president on the 180th anniversary of Thai-US diplomatic relations"

So i guess all the bashers think the PM of Thailand should just stay home and not attend a dinner with the President of the US and other world leaders or try and pitch whatever products she can pitch? Would that make all of the thai visa keyboard warriors happy??

At least if she stayed home she wouldn't embarrass herself. "Other world leaders", Yingluck? That's really a stretch. Yingluck doesn't qualify as a world leader. World leaders come from first world countries, not corrupt third world countries.

Obviously the president of the united states doesn't much agree with you or they would not have invited her.

The meeting was attended, in addition to the United States, by representatives from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, India, Japan, South Korea, Thailand,Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates

You are delirious if your think Thailand equates to all those countries. Let me group them for you. Third world: Thailand, Columbia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Singapore, United Arab Emirates. Generally, a country's social and economic advancement is usually in proportion to the level of corruption within that country. So you can understand about where Thailand stands. What can I say about Obama, he is an equal opportunity apologist.

Briefly? At a dinner specifically celebrating Thai-US relations? Obama avoiding her?

"She told Obama that Thailand was ready to cooperate with the US as a strategic partner and increase people-to-people relations."

It's too bad NASA is not a person. Strategic....only if China gives permission for said cooperation. Brief? No wonder.

I think Obama only gave her a few minutes to see if he could get a Thai lap dance.

My comment was not bashing Yingluck, just seems she got snubbed at the dinner where, being the Thai PM, at a commemorative Thai/US function, one would think she'd be a central figure for OB's attention, not a fleeting conversation. Or the article is written poorly and/or designed to snub her to begin with - that wouldn't be a first here.

However true or inaccurate, her alleged statement about cooperation with the US may of rang a bit hollow based on more recent events.

You are delirious if your think Thailand equates to all those countries. Let me group them for you. Third world: Thailand, Columbia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Singapore, United Arab Emirates. Generally, a country's social and economic advancement is usually in proportion to the level of corruption within that country. So you can understand about where Thailand stands. What can I say about Obama, he is an equal opportunity apologist.

i am sure singapore would be pleased to know that you think they are a third world country....never said that thailand was "equal" to all those countries so you might want to ease up on your "delirious" delusions

if you are the prime minister of a country with 60 million people and you are invited to attend a function by the president of the united states if you have half a brain you go....the usa is still the worlds largest economy and to not go would be absolutely stupid....my point was and remains that the yingluck bashers are sitting around typing while she is in a meeting and rubbing shoulders with the leaders of many countries to include the president of the united states who will soon be reelected....and for the people of thailand i hope she is sucessful and can increase thai exports and alliances with other countries.

if you are the prime minister of a country with 60 million people and you are invited to attend a function by the president of the united states if you have half a brain you go....the usa is still the worlds largest economy and to not go would be absolutely stupid....my point was and remains that the yingluck bashers are sitting around typing while she is in a meeting and rubbing shoulders with the leaders of many countries to include the president of the united states who will soon be reelected....and for the people of thailand i hope she is sucessful and can increase thai exports and alliances with other countries.

Perhaps when she comes home she could attend parliament and announce her successes. But considering her attendance record, perhaps not.

Perhaps when she comes home she could attend parliament and announce her successes. But considering her attendance record, perhaps not.

Or take some more English lessons at AUA (together with her Foreign Minister)

i am sure singapore would be pleased to know that you think they are a third world country....never said that thailand was "equal" to all those countries so you might want to ease up on your "delirious" delusions

Now I can agree with you. If she is promoting her country for economic reasons then she should.

Several notes: Singapore could care less what I think. I am not a Yingluck basher, I'm a Thailand basher, and finally, Obama will not be reelected.

My comment was not bashing Yingluck, just seems she got snubbed at the dinner where, being the Thai PM, at a commemorative Thai/US function, one would think she'd be a central figure for OB's attention, not a fleeting conversation. Or the article is written poorly

It's the latter.

She attended a general dinner hosted by Obama for several countries. It's purpose was not the 180th anniversary of Thai-US diplomatic relations.

http://asiasociety.o...ina-sea-dispute

That was separate from this topic on her 3 minute Thailand Restaurant Week speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXYEM5Zt0bY

Edited by Buchholz

I have to comment.

With 1 exception, 49 posts of miserable negativity.

What is wrong with you all ??

Quite astonishing, but I guess you all deserve each other.

I guess red glasses are sold out.

BTW, my comment was positive.

"BTW, my comment was positive."
Let's have a look at that claim shall we

And Thaksin will provide recipes on how to cook major corruption deals.
cheesy.gif

All I can say is you have an interesting concept of what a "positive" comment is, as unsuprising as that fact is
coffee1.gif

Come on guys don't take everything so serious, I was joking. I knew somebody would bite. A bit of entertainment now and then doesn't hurt.

thumbsup.gif

It's the latter.

She attended a general dinner hosted by Obama for several countries. It's purpose was not the 180th anniversary of Thai-US diplomatic relations.

http://asiasociety.o...ina-sea-dispute

That was separate from this topic on her 3 minute Thailand Restaurant Week speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXYEM5Zt0bY

YT video made it more clear. Thanks.

You're quite welcome, happy to be of help.

:wai:

Seventeen Thai restaurants in New York received "Thai Select" awards from the prime minister

P1.jpg

Wonder if the mediocre, walk-up Thai restaurant that her brother climbed the stairs to in New York just a few weeks ago received the prestigious "Thai Select" award.

Indeed, will any of the sub-par Thai eateries he attended on his coast-to-coast Grand USA Tour of Dire Thai Food Shops 2012 be similarly rewarded?

If this latest scheme for Thailand to be the Kitchen was known just a few weeks ago, he really did do a disservice to it by highlighting some of the worst Thai restaurants in the country on his tour.

I don't get it. Did she eat in all 17 restaurant's. Or is she just saying they are select because they are Thai. Nothing to do with the quality of their food or service. Was she there long enough to eat in that many restaurant's.

Seems to me it is kind of a insult to the country you are visiting at the level she is to not at least try one of the Restaurants that serves dishes from the Nation it is in.

Then again being the kitchen of the world might be the only way to sell their stored over priced rice. Cook it and have the world come here for diner.

I can understand the mentality of Thai food is the only good food in the world. I have a Thai wife and it is not always easy to find food acceptable to her. One Thai restaurant in Bali was really good. Next year when we returned there she gave them some sauce mixes from Thailand.

a quote from the article

"

While in New York, Yingluck attended a high-level meeting on the rule of law at the national and international levels, where Her Royal Highness Princess Bajrakitiyabha Mahidol delivered a speech on the topic."

I hope she learned some thing. But it does seem strange Thailand has to send a princess to talk on the rule of law.

Maybe there is no one in the government capable on talking about it.