New Honda Freed

dmitryspb

I intend to buy brand new Honda Freed at Honda Anuphas. Would highly appreciate for any advices/recommendations how to dealing with them as I have no such experince before, only rent cars.. It would be down payment, of course.

Edited by dmitryspb
  • Like 1

The only thing I would suggest is making sure you have a decent English speaker to deal with. Buying a car is easy. But I would never buy one in Phuket. I always buy my cars in Bangkok. They are cheaper (30,000K in the case of the last new car I bought) no waiting on colors, and a bunch of freebees thrown in that Phuket wasn't willing to do. The customer service I have received at various dealers in Phuket is atrocious. Bangkok was the opposite experience, shockingly good service for Thailand, for anywhere. They even drove me around when I needed it. The sales manager even bought me a drink at a bar across the street! The time I bought a used truck, they wanted 30k more than I brought. They said just send it when you have it!! They were so friendly and hassle free that it was starting to feel gem scammy,but nope. All as advertised. Couldn't be happier!

The only thing I would suggest is making sure you have a decent English speaker to deal with.

Thank you very much for your kind responce.

I don't speak English fluently as I'm not native speaker, I'm very sorry if it sounds not really proper.. However, for last 12 years here I have never met any trouble with Thai people in conversation etc. Moreover, I have several Aussie and UK friends and we do communicate quite easily.. "Thai-English" doesn't require University linguistic diploma. Besides, I purchased apartments here and my poor English was quite enough to deal with it (as to experience)..

Question was generally about experience of dealing with Anuphas Honda. Yeah, I've heard about loyality and bonuses of BKK dealers, but I heard about some difficulties with car' registration (number plates etc) for farangs. Or was situation changed? Not sure it would fit me to drive car from Bangkok: we stay here for abt 3..4 months per year and I wouldn't leave my wife with children alone.

PS I'm sorry again for my horrible English.

Edited by dmitryspb

We bought my wife's new Honda Accord from them a couple of years ago, and they are helpful and friendly. Best you just walk in and talk to them, and get your own impressions. You say it would be 'down payment of course'. Do mean paying a deposit and taking finance? Haven't done that I'm afraid, but again if that is the case, I'm sure that their sales staff will help you.

Honda in Phuket are quite reluctant to give away any freebies but they do have a budget for a small amount which may vary on which finance company you use. Don't just go with the first one they recommend as they normally deal with several & it is worth checking them out thoroughly. Normally Honda do not give the first year insurance free but I feel this depends more on the finance company. You will need a local Thai as guarantor for your finance.

Sorry, I've expressed wrong way: I will pay ALL at once. Surely, I already visited them. Just want to hear maybe about some "underwater stones".

Valentinownership, what kind of freebies you got? I'd like to ask insurance for 1st year at once. What do you think?

My wife (Thai) wanted a new Honda Jazz White, Spoiler Leather seats etc. Honda Phuket no problem but they wanted about 60,000 more than Bangkok leather seats extra. Only Freebies offered dust cover and 500thb of petrol. With the help of wifes sister in BKK we got a new Honda Jazz full spec saved over 60,000 got leather seats, Spoiler Roof, Full tank of petrol and 1 years free insurance all thrown in . I agree do not buy a car in Phuket buy it in Bangkok and get a company that is insured to drive it down. Warrenty as with all new cars still has to be conducted at local dealer. I am looking at buying the new Chevrolet Trailblazer and for sure I will not be buying it in Phuket but will get in Bangkok.

Sorry, I've expressed wrong way: I will pay ALL at once. Surely, I already visited them. Just want to hear maybe about some "underwater stones".

Valentinownership, what kind of freebies you got? I'd like to ask insurance for 1st year at once. What do you think?

You will have to make a small deposit when you order the car & pay the balance on delivery. I would push them as hard as possible for "freebies" but the salesperson can only give so much according to what he is told by management. Honda are the stingiest in Phuket when it comes to "freebies". You could try McFarang's angle & say if you buy in Bangkok you will get a cheaper price, more "freebies" & see if that makes them more willing. Sometimes I feel that paying cash makes them more reluctant to give "freeebies" as then they miss out on commission from the finance company.

Last time at Honda for a new City I think all they gave was free floor mats, free delivery (I don't even know why they say this except to make the deal sound better), 500 Baht gas, film for the windows (you should push for the more expensive film), & very reluctantly original Honda rainguards on the side windows although they only wanted to give the copy ones.