Truevisions No Signal In Bright Sunshine

loong

I am losing signal regularly recently when it is a bit cloudy.

But I have noticed that I am losing the signal on a daily basis, even when the sun is shining and just a few white clouds in the sky. This happens at around 2 PM and I get no signal for about 15 or 20 minutes.

Is this something to do with the satellite lining up with the sun? I can't look at the section of sky that the dish points at because of the bright sun.

If it is the sun, can something be done about it or do I just have to put up with it?

Truevisions are not very helpful and just say that you have to expect loss of signal in the rainy season

Does anybody else suffer from this problem at the same time every day?

I happens everywhere and has nothing to do with what country (except for when it happens) as all stationary satellites are in a band over the equator and sun will line up directly behind for a few days twice a year. The noise level of radiation from the sun will be too great for receiving antenna to pick up the desired signal.

Even happens for some channels on True cable. I'm on True cable and today it happened as I was just switching to different channels around 2pm. While trying to find some show that interested me I noticed while going through the channels some channels were only displaying a message taking about the sun outage from approx 27 Sep - 3 Oct around 2pm everyday. Other channels were fine. About 2:15pm I looked again at those channels that were previously displaying the message and the channels were back on.

I expect since X-amount of the channels must first be received/relayed from a satellite, quite possibly Thaicom5, the sun outage even affects TrueVisions big ground-based dishes used to transmit TV signals back and forth to the satellite and to feed cable.

Yeap, hard for any dish to pick-out a satellite signal when the sun is lined-up with the satellite and dish beaming down noise/solar radiation that exceeds the satellite signal. Kinda like looking at an airplane flying across the sky....you can see it easy enough until it goes directly in front of the sun...at that point you can't see it...you squint your eyes...the sun is just too bright....then as the plane passes the sun you can see it again. Well, your eyes kinda had the same problem satellite dishes have when pointed directly at the sun...your eyes couldn't see the plane due to the bright light and the dish couldn't detect the satellite signal due to the overpowering noise/solar radiation from the sun.