Proof Of Income From Bank

My friend needs to show proof of income. He has his funds directly deposited into a Thai bank monthly from abroad. If I recall correctly, he should be able to go to his bank and get a statement showing these deposits from abroad. What is this income statement called in Thai? This would save him a trip to Bangkok in order to get a letter from his embassy. He has a visa based on him supporting his 2 children.

He either shows an income from abroad with a letter from his embasy OR he shows he has enough money in the bank, for the required time, with a bankbook and bank letter.

A bank cannot certify income into the account. Some embassies will allow to apply for the letter by mail.

When money is transfered into your Thai Bank Account from overseas, it has a code in the bank book.

I am with Bangkok Bank, and when I did it this way years ago, the bank would give me a letter (100 or 200 Baht) showing that. I never had to go to the Embassy. Now I just keep the required amount, but he cannot afford to do that. Of course it might have changed. Also the bank doesn't know what he is talking about.

Embassy may require printout of page of a bank statement, showing funds deposited into account, as does Canadian Embassy American Embassy does not require this.

Experience based on previous retirement Non O using monthly income method.

The British Embassy also require documented proof of income.