Opening A Business Office In Thailand

I'm thinking of starting a business but I don't want to register it here. Investing all of a person's time, energy, and money into something only to put it in someone else's name along with 6 other Thai shareholders doesn't sound reasonable. I've checked out Vietnam's regulations for opeining a business and they appear to be much cheaper and easier, plus you can own it.

Does anyone have any experience with registering a company in another country and then opening an office here in Thailand? I don't want to move to VN and I'm wondering if doing it this way will avoid some of the issues of ownership/taxation (at least here in Thailand). Thanks.

Why would you subject yourself to the strict foreign trade regulations and tax structure of a Vietnam registered company when you have Singapore and Hong Kong in the region? These two countries are the preeminent jurisdictions to register a foreign owned company. If cost savings are on your agenda look at Hong Kong, you can have a company and bank account in place within a week. There are endless advantages to SG or HK depending on your business model one may suite you better than the other. The tax scenario for monies earned offshore are outstanding and they are both internationally respected platforms to register your company.

I would highly recommend you do some further research on the issue, and unless you need a VN company for some specific reason do not go this route. I have a Vietnam company for specific manufacturing we do in-country, it is not a company platform for transactions outside of VN. I have registered co's in both HK and SG, both countries have systems in place to facilitate what you intend to do. Registering an office in Thailand is a fairly straightforward process, just make sure you use a competent accountant to handle your tax liabilities and reporting here.

Good Luck!!

Why would you subject yourself to the strict foreign trade regulations and tax structure of a Vietnam registered company when you have Singapore and Hong Kong in the region? These two countries are the preeminent jurisdictions to register a foreign owned company. If cost savings are on your agenda look at Hong Kong, you can have a company and bank account in place within a week. There are endless advantages to SG or HK depending on your business model one may suite you better than the other. The tax scenario for monies earned offshore are outstanding and they are both internationally respected platforms to register your company.

I would highly recommend you do some further research on the issue, and unless you need a VN company for some specific reason do not go this route. I have a Vietnam company for specific manufacturing we do in-country, it is not a company platform for transactions outside of VN. I have registered co's in both HK and SG, both countries have systems in place to facilitate what you intend to do. Registering an office in Thailand is a fairly straightforward process, just make sure you use a competent accountant to handle your tax liabilities and reporting here.

Good Luck!!

Interesting!

I hope you don't mind if I try to pick your brains . . .

How do you go about opening a Thai subsidiary of a SG/HK company? What sort of admin do you have to do with the Thai subsidiary to ensure that operations are in accordance with Thai law?

Many thanks in anticipation! wai.gif

How do you go about opening a Thai subsidiary of a SG/HK company? What sort of admin do you have to do with the Thai subsidiary to ensure that operations are in accordance with Thai law?

Many thanks in anticipation! wai.gif

You can open a reperesentative office in Thailand, but you will need to repatriate THB 5.0m into Thailand, believe its 3.0 million first year and balance over the 4 years and you can take this money out, also beleive you can only operate a Rep office for a period of 5 years

Or you go the normal THB 2.0million Ltd company

The only possible tax benefit in Thailand is with the Rep office

First you must establish your holding company/parent company in SG or HK depending on which jurisdiction you choose. Then you, as the managing director of this entity, seek-out a reputable group (accounting or law firm) to establish the Thia company with the foreign owned shares being held by the SG/HK holding company.

• 3 months later...

You can open an "administrative" office, anything more than that would still require Thai partnership.

I seriously doubt ASEAN agreement of 2015 will make much change to company's owned by non ASEAN citizens

i am also sure they will impose some law or regulation on to the foreign owned company's in regards to employment (in 2015 that is)

• 8 months later...