Thai Wife Uses English Slang

Issam rider

Personally l feel bad English language from a Thai lady comes from a previous occupation where they mix with asshol_e farangs.

For instance, a bus conductress, or an usherette, or a nurse. You know. whistling.gif ...............smile.png

I totally agree.

A lot of bargirls use slang English. For example, I knew one bargirl here in Chiang Mai, before they started closing most of the bars down, who used to use the word, bladdy in almost every sentence she spoke in her rough, course bargirl English.

Back in the States one of our American neighbors had a Thai wife. She used to describe people she didn’t like as, bas---ds and one day when her young son accidentally smashed a cup on the floor, she shouted, <deleted> are you doing, you little mother f---er.

My wife said instantly, that woman was a bargirl, because Thais know other Thais and I can tell, she said.

Not saying that all Thai woman who pick up slang and speak course English are ex bargirls, but it`s as our transam has said; it does make suspect that these women have associated with some rather dubious company in the past and managed to pick up many English words and mannerisms from the lower part of Western society somewhere along the way.

As for, a bus conductress, or an usherette, you`re going back a bit, transam. These days those professions can be placed into the same categories as street gas light lighters, hansom cab drivers and air raid wardens. BTW, my gran was a bus conductress and she used to swear like a docker. Every other word was F this and F that.

OH LOOK BARGIRL bashing again

my wife picked it up from ME. she is not a bar girl. how do you just jump to this conclusion. a perfectly good post, some nice humor............. just gone to shit. clap2.gifsad.png

Not really, let's just say l have met many ''English'' speaking LOS ladies over the years and so l can write my opinion here. smile.png

I can't believe I'm saying this but here it goes: Would you like to meet mine and maybe I can sway your opinion in a different direction.

Don't think you get my point.

Of the many l have met, the few that use bad ''English'' were working girls. Of course there are non working girls out there that have picked it up from their new found ''Love''. smile.png

I`m saying exactly the same things.

From my many years of experience, all the thai women that I have encountered, in Thailand and abroad, who use English slang and swear words have sometime been involved in the adult entertainment industries.

Besides that, I have never met regular Thai women that swear or bad mouth in English. I have no doubts that there are Thais, other than those I have described above, who have managed to pick up the wrong sorts of English from somewhere. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule and I am no way implying that the wives or girlfriends of the posters mentioned here are bargirls.

Personally l feel bad English language from a Thai lady comes from a previous occupation where they mix with asshol_e farangs.

For instance, a bus conductress, or an usherette, or a nurse. You know. whistling.gif ...............smile.png

You come across as a right plonker, as my wife would say - learned from English TV, along with so many other British slang expressions and words from such as "Fools and Horses" and "Porridge", and me and my family. When we lived in Malta she also picked up Maltese slang from our friends, and Italian from watching their movies on Italian TV (all Maltese used to watch Italian rather than local TV).

As Quietman said, you and a few others are buggering up a funny thread with your snide bargirl remarks.

What a Wally!

You come across as a right plonker, as my wife would say - learned from English TV, along with so many other British slang expressions and words from such as "Fools and Horses" and "Porridge", and me and my family. When we lived in Malta she also picked up Maltese slang from our friends, and Italian from watching their movies on Italian TV (all Maltese used to watch Italian rather than local TV).

As Quietman said, you and a few others are buggering up a funny thread with your snide bargirl remarks.

What a Wally!

Mate, don't get wound up by these fools and their ilk. They married bargirls but need to post here to try and deny the fact...

• Like 1

What a Wally!

Mate, don't get wound up by these fools and their ilk. They married bargirls but need to post here to try and deny the fact...

Fair comment HD, but really I don't care one bit whether someone marries a bargirl or a hi-so - there's good and bad amongst every group; including TV!

But there are some people who like to diss bargirls at every opportunity, even if the topic has bugger-all to do with them.

Dimmer than a Toc H bulb, some of these dipsticks - there you are, another couple of slang pieces.

• Like 1

(Me) "The referee is a real wanke_r".................no response.

Next game (wife) "is this referee a real wanke_r too?"

Glad it was at home and it was explained easily enough and yes Thai women can pick up words, without having been involved in the entertainment industry.

• Like 2

What a Wally!

Fair comment HD, but really I don't care one bit whether someone marries a bargirl or a hi-so - there's good and bad amongst every group; including TV!

But there are some people who like to diss bargirls at every opportunity, even if the topic has bugger-all to do with them.

Dimmer than a Toc H bulb, some of these dipsticks - there you are, another couple of slang pieces.

Have to agree with that.

Before I met and married my wife (who, for the record, is an accountant, and has never been involved in the bar scene), I dallied with many a bargirl in LOS and Cambodia, and I have to say that many (not all) were absolute gems. They are people, people for whom life has not been particularly easy, but they display a great sense of humour and make a lot of guys happy.

Being a bargirl provides a means to support family in a way working on a farm never will. They do what they have to. I have no problem with girls who choose to earn money in this way, I'm only sorry that there are no alternatives available to them.

Don't put them down. They provide a great service to many, and in doing so keep the wolf from the door of their parents house. They are not inherently bad people.

Whenever I read a thread like this I can't help but chuckle at the nay sayers, they just don't get it. Unlike my wife's colleagues, as they know that when she says "init tho" she is taking the p**s...

Edited by roamer
  • Like 1