Gunman Kills 4 At Minnesota Workplace Before Shooting Self

News_Editor

Gunman kills 4 at Minnesota workplace before shooting self < br />

2012-09-29 10:06:26 GMT+7 (ICT)

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA (BNO NEWS) -- A gunman opened fire in the state of Minnesota killing four people, before fatally shooting himself, local authorities said Friday.

The incident occurred on Thursday afternoon at around 4:30 p.m. local time at a Accent Signage Systems on Chestnut Avenue West in the Bryn Mawr neighborhood located in Minneapolis, the state capital of Minnesota, when a man opened fire.

During an evening press conference, Minneapolis Deputy Police Chief Kris Arneson said several people were dead without detailing the exact number. However, early Friday morning, police confirmed that four people were killed, in addition to the gunman.

Reports indicate that the suspected gunman had lost his job before returning to the building and killing the company's founder, Reuven Rahamim, as well as three other employees. In addition, four others were injured, including two company executives who were reported in critical condition. They were identified as John Souter, the operations director, and Eric Rivers, the production manager. They were transported to the Hennepin County Medical Center.

As law enforcement teams arrived at the scene of the attack, the gunman was later declared dead around one hour after the incident began due to a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Local media identified the gunman as 36-year-old Andrew Engeldinger, although his name has not officially been disclosed.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-09-29

Sad, to see something like this, we had one such shooting in The Netherlands a while back. But in general we don't. It seems to be an American thing, or a country where there are many guns available thing.

Thing is i respond a bit fierce here in Thaivisa when people are asking about getting guns in Thailand just because these kind of things. When people don't have guns they can't shoot each other.

Its just much safer when they are not around for the general public. If this guy had no easy access to his guns he probably would not have shot them, because this sounds like a heat of the moment kind of thing. You get angry and if you got a weapon you will use it... if it takes a long time and effort to get one you will have cooled down and not used the gun.

More guns, is just more gun trouble. Though i can see the attraction of target shooting and such or hunting. Just wonder if it is worth all of this.

I really hope they never relax the gun laws here in Thailand. There are enough shootings as is.

• Like 1

Pretty messed up world we live in. I'm really hoping to get to know all my workmates when I get there... y'know, so I can XXXX them up before they do me in. But really, there are bosses that can be complete asshats and then those that really try their best to make the chopping block as painless as it can be. Still... anyone can crack under the best of conditions. Though I prefer to think that good working conditions can prevent these things completely.