Who Lives In Thailand?

pigeonjake

Live in Thailand, work away unfortunatly :(

Me too,but I am quite the opposite I love working away overseas,as another thread recently declared its nice have a break from time to time,and working the way I do gives me that choice and i get paid as well,my last job started in Cape Town South Africa and ended in Dampier Australia where by my employer paid for my return travel home here in Thailand.

• Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The OP lives and works overseas part time and lives in Thailand part time but regards this as living in Thailand and wishes to make a judgement on the views of others based on their status with resoect to living in Thailand.

As the OP demonstrates 'living in Thailand' is open to interpretation.

For the record -I live in Thailand, work in Thailand, pay taxes in Thailand - for the time being!

• Like 2

The Yanks lost in the British Invasion thread though ;-)

Are you trying to say that The Beatles, the Stones and Led Zeppelin were better than the Chuck Berry and Beach Boys? tongue.png

Dreadfully sorry luv, are you really inferring that The Beatles, Stones, and Zeppelin are better than John Coltrane, Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, Thelonius Monk?

The Beatles. Most over-rated group (with the exception of John Lennon) in the history of mankind. Pop music still suffers from the <deleted> level they took it to.

But I digress. smile.png

Ps. Right now in Los Angeles CA. Nov 2012 to Jan 2014 in Bangkok. After that, don't know. Not sure I'm qualified for either category.

I know this isn't a music post, but to say that the Beatles were overated deserved a response. Sgt. Pepper changed the face of pop music as we knew it. It was absolutely revolutionary, and most people who are old enough to remember know where they were the first time they heard it. I know I was absolutely gob smacked. It set a benchmark that all other groups at the time strived to match.

• Like 1

I'll answer the original post too.

Yes, I live here. No, the Yanks did not beat us at golf ;)

Some people do like to bring down a lot of topics and are against the bald, fat, poor, living here foreigners.

BTW, I am fat but getting thinner. Since my broken toe healed I've lost 6 kilos in 5 weeks !!

I am bald too but even wearing the g/f's knickers on my head did not bring my hair back but it was fun trying.

The Yanks lost in the British Invasion thread though ;-)

Are you trying to say that The Beatles, the Stones and Led Zeppelin were better than the Chuck Berry and Beach Boys? tongue.png

Dreadfully sorry luv, are you really inferring that The Beatles, Stones, and Zeppelin are better than John Coltrane, Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, Thelonius Monk?

The Beatles. Most over-rated group (with the exception of John Lennon) in the history of mankind. Pop music still suffers from the <deleted> level they took it to.

But I digress. smile.png

Ps. Right now in Los Angeles CA. Nov 2012 to Jan 2014 in Bangkok. After that, don't know. Not sure I'm qualified for either category.

I don't seem to remember that any of the worthies that you mention generating huge crowds at airports thus almost bringing them to a halt when they arrived anywhere.

BTW Sir George Shearing was English. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Pink Floyd.

I live here, quite content, not perfect but don`t expect any place to be.smile.png

The negative posts/criticisms don`t bother me, they`re only peoples views/opinions/experiences.

Often some validity in them or maybe letting off a little steam.

does not take an expert to see the obvious, it's flashing all over thailand like neon lights, but still people don't see it.

They only see the other brighter lights that drew them there.

eg, hey handsome man, the man then thinks wow it must be true, so many have said it, and thais dont lie, no one ever looked at me at home, im staying here because the idiots at home with no experience failed to see how amazing and handsome i really am.

then the wonderfully handsome man waddles off down his soi for more beer and cake.

does not take an expert to see the obvious, it's flashing all over thailand like neon lights, but still people don't see it.

eg, hey handsome man, the man then thinks wow it must be true, so many have said it, and thais dont lie, no one ever looked at me at home, im staying here because the idiots at home with no experience failed to see how amazing and handsome i really am.

then the wonderfully handsome man waddles off down his soi for more beer and cake.

I try to make my non-sequitors slightly more off-beat, and less obnoxiously contemptuous.

SC

• Like 2

I try to make my non-sequitors slightly more off-beat, and less obnoxiously contemptuous.

SC

obnoxiously contemptuous

Non-gradable adjective.

1. my girlfriend is fairly stunning

2. my girlfriend is very stunning

3. my girlfriend is slightly stunning

http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/adjectives-non-gradable.htm

On topic, why argue with a fool?

SC

obnoxiously contemptuous

Non-gradable adjective.

http://www.englishcl...on-gradable.htm

You started it...

SC

obnoxiously contemptuous

Non-gradable adjective.

meaning argue with those who agree, that would defeat the purpose then of debating topics yes.

If he does not agree, must be a fool, but this fool will not be parted from his money by a sly woman with a sharp tongue.

SC

obnoxiously contemptuous

Non-gradable adjective.

meaning argue with those who agree, that would defeat the purpose then of debating topics yes.

If he does not agree, must be a fool, but this fool will not be parted from his money by a sly woman with a sharp tongue.

Top derailment, by the way. Good job.

SC

For the sake of a moment's diversion back to the topic of the original post, for the last five years, most of my work has been overseas, and my Thai residency has lapsed, which is inconvenient, though it makes taxation simpler.

SC

Been here going on 22 years and wouldn't live anywhere else, not that they'd have me anyway. Still working out of Bangkok with my home in Chiang Mai. My son is 13 years old and growing like a weed. Life here isn't easy at times, but it ain't badthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

SC

obnoxiously contemptuous

Non-gradable adjective.

Someone needs to read King Lear.

Packed up and sold up 7 years ago, and moved to Chiang Mai, having never stepped foot in Asia. Until last month, i had never left Asia in all that time.

My friends are all ages and nationalities.

Ive had conversations with Thai women, that i think men never hear (Thai or farang).

I used to be in a relationship with a Thai man (who had kids, and looked after them VERY well). Nothing bad to say about him, it just wasnt right for me in the end.

I dont have rose-tinted glasses on. There is much i love, and much i dont.

I dont watch golf tongue.png

Edit: might be 6 years, not 7. I forget.

Ive have lived in other countries and continents tho, so the concept of starting out again somewhere new, with language and culture barriers, didnt concern me.

Edited by eek

Packed up and sold up 7 years ago, and moved to Chiang Mai, having never stepped foot in Asia. Until last month, i had never left Asia in all that time.

Ive had conversations with Thai women, that i think men never hear (Thai or farang).

I used to be in a relationship with a Thai man (who had kids, and looked after them VERY well). Nothing bad to say about him, it just wasnt right for me in the end.

Ive have lived in other countries and continents tho, so the concept of starting out again somewhere new, with language and culture barriers, didnt concern me.

i know some amazing thai men,although most here if not all will tell you they are all cheating wife beaters, not so.

my wifes sisters man is fantastic toher and has been for years

i know some amazing thai men,although most here if not all will tell you they are all cheating wife beaters, not so.

Obviously, StreetCowboy's post was too subtle for you......Stay on topic, eh? Judging by your posts here and eslewhere, you seem to have a big chip on your shoulder... (in fact maybe on both shoulders, but that does not make you well-balanced whistling.gif )

There is a thread on complaining...I'm sure you would be much more at home there, but if you want to contribute to the OP, then that'd be great.

Edited by Rob8891
  • Like 2

WoW, thumbsup.gif I feel a medal coming on. coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

ok iwill get on topic, so pigeonjake, you yourself have never judged anyone is that right, not ever.

thats the topic yes, about judgmental people.

I see judgment in several parts of the thread alone.

Think you must look at yourself. sad.png

As folk have said, on a few topics you may have a problem, please look at yourself. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Been living up in Nan province for about 5 years, on a farm growing corn (no pigs).

It's a great place to be, nice weather, beautiful mountains, good farm land.

Pretty wife, beautiful children, youngest boy is one year old.

Not much to do there, no foreigners at all, very rural, but luckily it's only 350km from CM.

So lots of visits to the big city. Life is good.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

ok iwill get on topic, so pigeonjake, you yourself have never judged anyone is that right, not ever.

thats the topic yes, about judgmental people.

I see judgment in several parts of the thread alone.

Think you must look at yourself. sad.png

As folk have said, on a few topics you may have a problem, please look at yourself. thumbsup.gif

im aware of myself, i judge people, i have faults, i make mistakes.

seems like im the only one who will admit it, ask yourelf who im judging if you read my posts.

Been living up in Nan province for about 5 years, on a farm growing corn (no pigs).

It's a great place to be, nice weather, beautiful mountains, good farm land.

Pretty wife, beautiful children, youngest boy is one year old.

Not much to do there, no foreigners at all, very rural, but luckily it's only 350km from CM.

So lots of visits to the big city. Life is good.

sounds like heaven,

thats the topic yes, about judgemental people.

I see judgement in several parts of the thread alone.

I think pigeonjake is saying don't judge people if you haven't got any experience of the way of life. I can understand his post as there are some who have preconceived ideas about Thailand and its people.

I had a pig farm in Issan for 4 years made money, had a good life but the relationship with my gf ran its course.

That's life.