Nakhon Sawan

bluezephyr

Im going back to LOS in april/may time,planning on going to Nakhon Sawan to see my ladyfriend.

Cant wait to go back there,have lots to pack into a 2 week stay,not taking the huge and useless amount of gear i took first time round.

Have a friend to visit just outside bangkok,then my friends parents who live in Hua Hin,they made my first thai visit so easy i feel i own them so much.

In september she told me about bats flying about,i have read online about a nice waterfall somewhere to see in the area, are there any other sights to see in that part of thailand?

As i will be imposing myself on her mother,whats a nice respectable inexpensive item to show appreciation that i can buy for her,not wanting to show too much flashyness.

Whats Nakhon Sawan like in general, muang district,i have 'googled' for the Nongkroht sub district thats also on her address to no avail,maybe its too small a place to be recognised.maybe its a falso address she can pick mail up from.

Going there eyes wide open,im not a love struck puppy and will look at everything im shown,her house,the salon she works at believeing, but still with some doubt that everything ive been told so far is all lies n bullshoot.

Still determined to have a crackin holiday whatever the outcome.im out of the uk for two weeks so a bonus to start with.

thanks for any replies

tony

I always find food goes over well for gifts, like sweets or specialty items that wouldn't be found as easy in Thailand. Smoked fish, chocolates, etc. Before giving whiskey or wine make sure they drink. Some winter nights can get pretty cool so a nice wool sweater or jumper for mama would go over very nicely.

cv

I'd go with cdnvic, try to get something that they cant get here, nice chocolates, my folk's often bring flece's out as it does get quite chilly in the cold season...although you are coming out during the hottest part of the year and it does get really hot up here.

There are big bat caves in the northen part of Nakhon, if you driving past at sunset itsa like a big balck cloud coming out of the caves. Are you going to be staying in town itself ? I'm not aware of Nongkroht, it's not an ampour ( the next one down from province), so I'm not supprised that you did'nt find anything on the internet for it.

Nakorn town itself is a pretty standered provincial capital, dont get your hopes set too high :D . The Pimarn hotel is the best in town, theres a Big C supermarket with most western fast food outlets. A nice park in the center and Bung Bora Pet (a big lake) just outside town. The Wat on the hill overlooking town is supposed to have some nice views, but I've never been up there. I'm not sure about waterfalls, but unless there has been some early rain they might be pretty dry thet time of year, although the western part of Nakhon around Mae Wong national park is quite mountinaus so there could well be some there.

Here a few links on Nakhon, but theres not reall much on them :o

http://thailand.sawadee.com/nakhonsawan/index.html

http://www.thailandguidebook.com/provinces/nakhon_sawan.html

RC

I live about 125 km north of Nakhon Sawan and the bat caves are at Kho No and Koh Neow at Salok Bat abot 40 km north of Nakhon. Around where I live on the edge of the Mae Wong and Klong Lan national parks there are waterfalls but they are not so good at the moment as it stopped raining about 6 weeks ago so the flow is down.

If you can get a better spelling of Nongkhrot I may be able to find it on the map but it may be a Tambon or Mooban which is usually the equivalent of a village and a hamlet which are pretty small over here.

My Tambon at Klong Lan Pattana has probably about 2,500 people and the Mooban Prang 4 around a couple of hundred people and the mooban doesn't even show on any map I have.

Thanks for the link Kan Win :o

All i know is her family used to own about 50+ buffalo(so no sick ones need treatment),all sold now due to her father being deceased.cant be right in a town needing space for those beasties

she said it was rural,cant wait,proper traditional thailand,how i will be recieved if its out of the way of westerners im not sure but game to find out.

my friend met his ladyfriends parents up in the mountains (somehwere) they had a party,he bought a big case of beer for everyone and a huge fish to cook,went down well apparently.

-------------------

all i have is nongkroht sub district.

the million baht i sent to replace her roof got to her ok(only joking)

The CD i sent her got to her ok,so the address must have worked ok

does Moo on the address mean house, bungalow ? just seeing the word mooban may be a connection

Edited by bluezephyr

Moo roughly translates to village or hamlet, its the smallest sub division usually just given a number i.e moo 4

an adress will go like this.....

Jangway....Province

Ampour.....Sub province, Large Town

Tombun....Sub of Ampour..Village

Moo.... Sub of village

House No

If you have the Ampour I could tell you where it is, but Nongkhrot is'nt an ampour in Nakhon, if its in town it will be Ampour, Muang Nakhon Sawan.

Dont worry you will probably be recived very well, there are'nt many falangs around these parts, so a lot of novelty value :o

Thanks for all your replies,very much appreciated :o

Unfortunate i have only two weeks to fit everything in and im sure that will fly by,but heres hopeing to that euromillions win.

i have no other place names to tell you Randomchances.

Nongkroht sub district,muang district,nakhon sawan