Bangkok Hospital.. Good Hospital But Is It Worth The Price?

eeeya

Living in Bangkok I've always gone to bangkok hospital for all my medical needs. Had some minor surgery there, dentist, skin doctor, general gp.

I always loved it cause its the one stop shop. They got everything and hardly any waiting.

But lately I've been thinking... do they just take the piss and prescribe meds and services more than needed just to raise revenue?

I spoke thai for the first time the other day to the lady behind the counter and we had a small conversation in thai while walking together. When we got to another counter I heard her tell all the other nurses/admin staff that I can speak thai...

Warning! conspiracy theory ahead!

I'm going to slip into standard thai visa poster

" the thais are against us" train of thought.

Were they warning each other that I might understand a conversation regarding overcharging?...

Hmmm. I think I've been reading this forum too much lately.

Anyone recommend any alternative medical facility in the area.

Maybe I should start using public hospitals instead?

No heath insurance at the moment.

Firstly, whenever I speak Thai, there is usually a reaction similar to what you've described, in most places. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're out to get you.

Secondly, if you're happy with the service you're getting at the hospital, then isn't that what counts at the end of the day. Suppose you hadn't overheard that conversation ? You'd have walked away happy again, without worrying about being stung just 'cos you're a farang.

Lastly, there are many private and government hospitals that provide an excellent level of care with far lower prices, the only catch being that you will more than likely have to be reasonably conversant in Thai.